[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been looking into getting a new HD gun and everybody

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: pix207557325.jpg (110KB, 639x425px) Image search: [Google]
pix207557325.jpg
110KB, 639x425px
I've been looking into getting a new HD gun and everybody keeps telling me to get an AR15. problem is, I'm worried about over penetration and accidentally shooting my neighbors if I ever have to use it. So, I was wondering, is there any good 5.56 to mitigate this? alternatively I've been considering getting a PCC in .45ACP with a magazine capacity of around 30rnds. kinda limited on options for that though that aren't crap or stupid expensive.

pic kinda related. what I'm actually considering for a 5.56 HD gun.
>>
File: bait2.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
bait2.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
>>29219014
Yeah, the aug has magic bullet-altering properties that prevent 5.56 over penetration.

Because dangerous overpenetration in HD isnt a complete meme
>>
>>29219058
Not everyone lives in rural areas or houses.
>>
>>29219014
What makes you think an AUG won't overpenetrate but an AR15 will? Plus 5.56 hollowpoints will probably be fine.
>>
>>29219120
>Living packed in a 200 square foot apartment with 15 people

You have to go back paco
>>
>>29219058
yo, consider that he is taking about 5.56 *ammo* that mitigates overpenetration and not a rifle which magically fixes the problem.

>>29219014
Consider using light varmint bullets or frangible ammo as both are designed to fragment very quickly and deliver all their energy to a wall or tree or assailant and not to cause problems with overpenetration. Alternatively, if you can afford to spend a few bucks on each round of your HD ammo, you could go with Barnes triple shock solid copper bullets, as they are simply the best around for overall combinations of bullet integrity retention and imparting of energy on whatever they hit rapidly.

Depending on OP's local area and the other people who might have to use the rifle for HD (wife, child, etc.) the 5.56 may make a lot of sense.

Consider, however, that with hot factory loaded varmint bullets a rifle which imparts high stress on the bullet either through very high velocities, tight twist rates, or more likely a combination of both, is likely to cause the bullet to come apart right out the barrel of the rifle instead of inside an attacker. Any box of frangible or varmint ammo you buy should have a warning on the box similar to "do not use this ammunition in a rifle with a barrel longer than 20 inches or with a twist rate tighter than 1:7 inches". If no warning appears, the ammo should not restrict your choice of rifle.

Personally, I would go fore a 16 inch barreled AR-15 in your shoes because it's light, handy, easy to fit to my individual stature as a shooter (or the stature of other shooters) and is easy to tack other useful HD equipment onto like a white light or a red dot sight.
>>
VMax, LeHigh Controlled Chaos, TAP Urban, G2 Rip Out, Winchester PDX1
>>
File: MSAR.jpg (286KB, 1280x705px) Image search: [Google]
MSAR.jpg
286KB, 1280x705px
>>29219014
Anyone to tells you a 5.56 is a greater overpenetration risk than a handgun is a nogunz or has never actually tested it on the range. 5.56 is the best home defense round available when you want effectiveness and limited collateral damage.
>>
>>29219334
Meme guns: The Image
>>
>>29219233
This has been the most insightful information I've gotten. Thank you.

BTW, I had thought of going with a 16in AR, I've done some practice home clearing with my Cetme(barrel has been trimmed down to 16in, has a retractable stock, and a micro red dot), and with the stock out, it gets kinda tricky and cumbersome, but with the stock retracted it works pretty decently except I feel that it would be kinda hard to control while shouldering it with the stock retracted. down side is that it's in .308. So, I was thinking that a Bullpup might do a little bit better. And I'm not looking at getting a Tavor. I've noticed that some of the newer receivers had mounting points for rails right above the trigger to mount lights. on either side.
>>
>>29219501
PS90 SBR might be worth considering too, senpai
>>
>>29219014
Get a AR pistol. 10.5 in barrel. in 5.56. Shockwave or sig brace. Absolutely perfect.
>>
>>29219388

>he bought an AUG

>he didnt buy the Chosen People's bullpup

BURGER PLS

DONT YOU SUPPORT ISRAEL?
>>
>>29219014
A Rifle in 5.45x39 is your answer. Loaded it with Hornady Vmax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAdpJE9Yi3s
>>
>>29219388
I don't see a nugget or an FAL, anon.
>>
>>29220284
every gun I don't like is a meme gun :^)
>>
>>29219644
what about getting it in 7.5"?
>>
>>29220284
Those are literally meme guns. No one shuts up about them. The AUG and FiveSeven are special snowflake guns.
>>
>>29219014
use hollow points or frangible rounds

7.62x39 and 5.45x39 HP are a good choice too
>>
>>29221135
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZGrC5bTndA
the 7.62x39 HP are fucking devastating
>>
>>29219014
I was going to explain why you are retarded, but then I thought, whats the point of telling a retard that he is retarded?
>>
>>29221135
>>29221242
I accidentally shot a cow some years ago at a buddies ranch with 7.62x39 hollow points. Nearly shat bricks as they were worth something like 6k-8k a head. Dude was surprisingly cool about it. Said not to worry about it.
>>
>>29221135
Frangible rounds are designed to break up on steel plates, not against drywall
>>
>>29221385
jesus, did you kill it? how bad was the damage?

I use em for groundhogs
>>
I tried an Aug recently. Nice gun, felt like it was move balanced than an AR, but it felt like I had to move it around too much when changing out a mag.

Just get an AR.
>>
>>29221385
How did you fuck up do so bad?
>>
>>29219014

5.56 really is actually better than pistol rounds for preventing overpenetration, the rounds tumble and lose momentum very quickly, It's a perfect gun for inside the house. Anyone who says opposite is retarded.

Here's a list of good loads to use:

http://preparedgunowners.com/2016/01/12/the-approved-list-of-5-56-nato-223-rem-self-defenseduty-ammo/
>>
>>29219014

Also please fox Jesus in heaven just get an AR. A BCM AR to boot. This is your life we're talking about. No one cares about being the cool kids with a gat no one really has when you're getting shot at. Just get an AR that doesn't use proprietary mags and can do everything and more than that AUG can do.

Like having a good trigger.

Plus you don't have to sell your Dragon dildo collection to buy it and the mags for it either.
>>
>>29219120
>living in an apartment

For what purpose? Does your country have no living space?
>>
>>29221410
>>29221449
Well the dude was pestering me to do a jabhuti shooti with my RPK so I indulged him. And a round (or more) didn't hit the back stop and he had a bunch of cattle in the back ground being prepped to go to slaughter in a couple weeks. Looked like I hit the hind quarter with the way a sprinted off like something just hit it there. Anyways I don't know how bad it was. I just wanted to get the fuck out of there cause I didn't have anyway of paying 8k for a cow and he said wed find out in a few days if i did any real damage. But since I think about it. He probably wrote it off at then of the year as coyotes.
>>
>>29221750
we can't all have poland for our backyard
>>
>>29221750
All of the houses in my price range to rent are complete shit holes. Don't have enough saved up for a house yet either.

Trust me. I fucking hate living in an apartment, but it's what I have to work with for the time being.
>>
>>29219014
The AUG is awesome, but if you're worried about an AR in 5.56 over penetrating why would the AUG be different? What you want is a Pistol 9mm AR
>>
>>29221875

9mm over penetrates worse than a 5.56
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.