[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ I've noticed a lot of threads like >if you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
Hey /k/ I've noticed a lot of threads like
>if you have $3k what do you buy
>I have $300 for my first gun
And so on.
We should really make something like Logicalincrements.com but for guns. We don't even need a website. Logical increments started as a png file that would get updated every few months. Guns change a lot less than computer parts, so an image guide every year or so would be cool. This way newer users can find a starting point for their purchase, as only good value/$ and good quality guns would be on the guide.
I don't know a whole lot on guns, but I would be willing to make a decent looking guide if people more knowledgeable than me on guns could get together a list of what guns to buy at what price points.
What does /k/ think?
>>
>>29189372
>What does /k/ think?
shit idea.
too much variety and too much subjective opinion.
The type of people that would use it would just get hipoints.
>>
I think everything is a trade off and you're going to have continual arguments about what to prioritize.
Weight vs. Accuracy
Accuracy vs. speed
Reliability vs. Accuracy
etc... etc... etc....

Here's what I'd build, see if everyone agrees.

AR-15
16" 1:8 twist, bull barrel with midlength gas system
Low profile gas block under free floated rail
Free float rail that have covers the noveske flash hider (boomer forwardener)
Rock River Arms Lower
Upper receiver of who gives a shit, doesn't matter
Chrome bolt carrier
Non-chrome lined barrel
CTR stock
1x4 illuminated scope and NO back up sights.
>>
>>29189393
It's a decent enough idea. Prices have been holding fairly steady for most guns.

And it would make it easier, especially if we put the link in the sticky. We have a couple pics of approved full size 9MMs but its getting old.

Night /k/ could help out a hell of a lot more than day/k/are
>>
>>29189442
ok so less of a price:preformance typing thing. Just a good enough for cheap enough list. Right?
>>
>>29189490
magpul
Del-ton
Vortex
Glock
>>
>>29189490
Yeah. A general price list for noobs is what I'm thinking OP wants to do.

It's easy to search gunbroker when you know what's out there. But there are plenty of folks who are clueless on how many different models of budget and mid range guns there are.
>>
>>29189438
I'd go with a nickel-boron BCG, and a 1:9 twist because it can accommodate the highest variety of loads. But that's just my opinion. Guns are like condoms, different ones work for different people.

I also wouldn't put on the flash hider, because then I'd have to give up my pistol grip
>>
File: 1445914162875.jpg (4MB, 3900x5008px) Image search: [Google]
1445914162875.jpg
4MB, 3900x5008px
You mean something like this? It could definitely use some updating and refining.
>>
>>29189530
Yes exactly
It would not be a complete spoon feeding guide, that would be too long. It would just be a general starting point for the users research.
>>29189583
Yes pretty much like this but with better formatting and probally going up to a higher price range without getting too niche
>>
>>29189564
>I also wouldn't put on the flash hider, because then I'd have to give up my pistol grip
No clue what you mean, every AR I've seen except for a few match ones have had flash hiders/compensators. Pic related is what I meant because it looks tighter than your bum.
>>
>>29189623
I think the guide posted is alright for what it does but is a bit too silly for it`s own sake and excludes some firearms that would work really well for poorfag home defense/general gun shenanigans. I think it`s a bit unnecessary to make a guide for poorfags that has firearms over $1k.
>>
>>29189626
hes in a ban state.
>>
>>29189675
Maybe rifles up to $1.5k including a good amount of ammo. People willing to spend more than that should have a good knowledge of the subject anyways.
The guide will need to pack as much info as possible so there won't be a ton of room for memes unfortunately.
>>
File: 31jqrTzoUNL.jpg (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
31jqrTzoUNL.jpg
14KB, 500x500px
>>29189785
>People willing to spend more than that should have a good knowledge of the subject anyways.
Not everyone has that advantage. If that was the case then /k/ wouldn`t have collectively lost their shit when the price of nuggets went up or even bothered with recommending nuggets as a good first gun in the first place.

Here`s some changes just off the top of my head:
Handguns:
>Tarsus 92fs clones
>Police trade in glocks
>.25 ACP pistols (For poverty annons)

Rifles:
>WASR-10

Shotguns:
>A warning against using grandpappy`s old shotgun with modern loads.

Other handguns:
>AR pistols
>Sig brace

Misc acessories:
>Sigtac Laser/light foregrip (Pic related)
>Cheap electronic hearing protection
>>
>>29189869
>>Cheap electronic hearing protection
JEEP ELECTRONIC GEARING PROJECTION, WHAT'S THAT?
>>
>>29189900
SHEEP HYDROPONIC QUEER ERECTION?
>>
>>29191113
DO I WANT SOME CONFECTION?

NO THANKS, IM CUTTING PROCESSED SUGARS FROM MY DIET!
>>
>>29189372
Sorry about the 300$ for first gun thread. This seems like a good idea tho.
>>
>>29189438
>bull barrel
>noveske kx-3 on anything but an SBR
>putting the muzzle device under the rail
>not chrome lining the barrel
>picking the str
>no buis

All shit choices.

What are we building? A good mid price? A good entry level

>16 inch mid gas medium weight barrel, chrome lined
>A2 flashhider
>BCM kmr-A or gessielle smr or kac urx4
>Standard upper lower
>Milspec bcg
>Standard lower
>The grip and stock are so user dependent Id just stick the a2 and m4 stock on there and let the user buy their own furniture.
>MBUS pros

If they need to save money, don't free float.
They need to pick their own optic based on their shooting environment
If they want to spend more money, gessielle super semi automatic trigger.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.