[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Keltec is a good realiable brand they said. Just get a kelt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

Keltec is a good realiable brand they said.

Just get a keltec they said.

>UPDATE 4/13: The reader who was injured by the Kel-Tec KSG sent this updated photo of his wound. The surgeons saved the hand, but he lost some fingers.As in the previous accident, the shooter said his VFG broke of the KSG’s rail.
http://thegunwriter.blogs.heraldtribune.com/19139/another-devastating-kel-tec-ksg-injury/
>>
>>29188951
>Use this magpul look alike VG from arisoftsupplies.com they said
>it's the same thing they said
>it will save you $20.00 they said
>>
isn't this the guy who decided to put his hand in front of the KSG's muzzle?

>>29189000
>>magpul look alike
magpul actually makes airsoft versions of their accessories
>>
>>29189021
>isn't this the guy who decided to put his hand in front of the KSG's muzzle?

Yes.
>>
>>29189033
kek what a fucking retard
>>
So his VFG broke the rail section off and he pulled the trigger right after, as his hand was in front of the muzzle?

Pretty bad accident and I suppose a higher quality polymer on the forend could have prevented this, but it's not something to completely roast keltec over, I mean you could even make the claim that the VFG was poorly designed and put too much stress on the rail, or maybe the owner installed it too tight which weakened the rail, etc.

It's not like the gun assploded when he was shooting birdshot or something
>>
File: 1453060281797.gif (4MB, 400x298px) Image search: [Google]
1453060281797.gif
4MB, 400x298px
So basically this happened.
Are they saying the rail is not good or the grip?

I don't like kel-tec anyway. They never respond to emails.
>>
>>29189033
So, the muzzle blast fucked up his hand or did he put 00 buck through his hand?

I've had my hand in front of a muzzle and it kinda stung and burnt a bit, but it didn't require surgery.

So the controversy is that he shot himself with a Kel-Tech gun, got hurt, and that makes them unsafe?
>>
>>29189060
Depends if the rail was too weak to have a grip attached then it's a fault with the gun since it's common for people to have vfg on them and to be pumping with them.
>>
File: 601px-JohnWick_505.jpg (35KB, 601x250px) Image search: [Google]
601px-JohnWick_505.jpg
35KB, 601x250px
YFW Keanu almost could have easily lost a hand.
>>
>>29189060

As a result of a VFG causing a rail failure, or the VFG failing itself, the shooter's hand moved in front of the muzzle, right around the same time he decided to pull the trigger.

Buckshot meets hand.
>>
>>29189021
The ones on amazon are knock offs. I ordered one for my ksg, then when it came in I instantly saw that it was a fake, to avoid the OP's pic I instantly sent it back in for a refund. Then went and got an actual magpul VG

The knockoff was
>slippery
>different texture
>the locking mechanism lugs didn't lock to the VG lugs properly
>felt flimsy

basically, this, https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=573887

also at first had a promag Swiss style vg fitted, never fired it with it on as during dry firing the vg would shift and slip back and forward during realistic racking. Again to aviod the OP's pic took it off right away, now sits on my Sig 556, where it works well and doesn't endanger my hand

The ksg is great but don't fuck around with the VG, The magpul ones work the best as do other high end VGs that have rods or guides that run in btwn the rails gaps
>>
>>29188951
Am I only one impressed most by the surgeons salvaging any of that mangled mess?
>>
File: who is.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
who is.png
2MB, 1600x900px
The other time it happened:

>It appears that their client was shooting a Kel-Tec KSG equipped with a ProMag “Archangel” polymer forward grip
http://thegunwriter.blogs.heraldtribune.com/17484/a-devastating-accident-with-the-kel-tec-ksg/

I mean I guess I feel bad for them but... buying promag and pumping a shotgun with it?!? wtf man.
>>
>>29188951

>Fire weapon when the hand is obstructing the muzzle

>BLurfffffjhdskdsdsls;

Go play Russian roulette with a self-loader.
>>
File: RussianRouletteReady.jpg (250KB, 703x1250px) Image search: [Google]
RussianRouletteReady.jpg
250KB, 703x1250px
>>29189241
>or pic related
>>
>>29188951
I feel like you're being a spaz if you're pumping and shooting so quickly that your foregrip snaps and you shoot yourself in the hand.
>>
>shooting your own hand
Durr, lemme magdump this thing as fast as I can, what's the worst that could happen?
>>
>>29189132
Keanu didn't put his VFG allll the way at the end like a tard would.
>>
>>29188951
if they weren't reliable his hand would be fine
>>
I wonder what it's like to beat off with that thing.
>>
>>29189295
$.15 have been deposited to your account.
>>
>>29189060
It was the type of malfunction where the operator put his hand in front of the muzzle and then pulled the trigger. Damn thing went off by itself

>>29189058
It's the rail itself that cracks, but guy in OP pic used an airsoft vfg as well so it really could've been either or. Regardless, there is plenty of documented cases of the keltec rails cracking.
>>
This wouldn't have happened if we just banned guns.
>>
File: 1449170906373.gif (1MB, 217x217px) Image search: [Google]
1449170906373.gif
1MB, 217x217px
>the year of our lord John Moses Browning 2000 +35-14
>buying plastic guns
>>
>>29189295
when the forgrip snaps off the gun the guns going to jerk in your hand
you need to rack em with considerable force too
>>
>>29189454
>plenty of documented cases of the keltec rails cracking.
If true than Kel-tec should be making him a very wealthy man. You don't make a rail on the underside of pump without expecting people to attach a wide variety of VFGs to it. The rails are failing then it's Kel-tec's fault, period.

They owe him a hand.
>>
>>29189423
>>29189510
Never actually fired the thing. I just struggle to see how this could be a problem without improperly installing the foregrip.
>>
>>29189058
His lawyer is bringing the suit against Kel-tec even though it was a Promag grip.
>>
Any sources on the KSG rails themselves breaking? All I've ever seen is the shitty airsoft grips snapping and causing these accidents, not the gun itself. And if it's that big of a deal, Hi-Tech makes a billet rail that fits over the stock one
>>
>>29189241
>Russian roulette with a self-loader

Funny you should mention that. Just yesterday saw a no shit confirmed case of that happening.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.