[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How quickly would a late WW1 British battalion be destroyed by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 7982549761_23b3116dc2_b.jpg (455KB, 1024x836px) Image search: [Google]
7982549761_23b3116dc2_b.jpg
455KB, 1024x836px
How quickly would a late WW1 British battalion be destroyed by an early WW2 German battalion?

What would be the case if the nationalities were switched for the scenario?

Wouldn't the WW2 soldiers get bogged down with endless artillery? Their planes are pretty much on the same level
>>
>>29183384
Apples to oranges.

Two completely different doctrines with completely different support options and those WW2 battalions would have WW1 vets in them. So fuck off and think before you post.
>>
File: Artillery1.jpg (9KB, 303x166px) Image search: [Google]
Artillery1.jpg
9KB, 303x166px
>>29183384
Intelligence will be a big factor here - yeah, guns from WWI will be able to penetrate early war tanks fine, but if they're not expecting them, they're fucked - what information does either side (especially the WWI side) have about the capabilities of their opponent.

And then there's terrain and supplies and shit.
>>
>>29183384
>Their planes are pretty much on the same level
Are you kidding me? You cannot compare Sopwith Camels to DO 217's and FW190's.
>>
>>29183384
>WW2 and WW1 planes are pretty much on the same level
Either 12 years old or mentally retarded.
>>
>>29183542
I said EARLY WW2

That means Swordfish bombers and Gladiator fighters against German WW1 triplanes
>>
>>29183593
See >>29183686
>>
>>29183686
WW2 started in 1939, did you ever go to school?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_II_military_aircraft_of_Germany
>>
>>29183593
>>29183542

>destroyed by an early WW2 German battalion

Clearly the both of you are underaged since you didnt read OP's post
>>
>>29183742
And? They didn't have fucking FW-190s on the onset of the war you fucking moron. They had Bf-109s at best
>>
>>29183745
We are talking about the aircraft being on the same level, impossible in this scenario so fuck off.
>>
>>29183759
>They had Bf-109s at best
So? They would still piss over anything from WW1.
>>
>>29183772
Y'all posting in a bait thread.
>>
>>29183384
>How quickly would a late WW1 British battalion be destroyed by an early WW2 German battalion?
depends if you factor in stuff like air support that wouldn't have been organic to a battalion. Without air support the major difference would have been the supporting fires available to the Germans at section level (MG34). The British would have greater weight of artillery fire but it would be less mobile and sighting would be less precise.
On the other hand, a Hundred Days' Offensive WW1 British infantry battalion would be hardened and have more experienced commanders at all levels, if behind doctrinally. So really, I don't know. If the Germans didn't cock up they'd probably win but it wouldn't be a walkover
>>
>>29183779
You are right, he got me.
>>
>>29183789
sorry anon, i couldnt resist. But seriously though, barring the planes it'd be an interesting battle
>>
>>29183384
>battalion
>airforce
>heavy artillery support
That's not a battalion then.

Also, depends on the specifics, situation, yada yada. Infantry battalion and recon battalion aren't the same thing, for example.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.