/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who cross dominate here? I'm right handed but my left

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 3JAMt.jpg (54KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
3JAMt.jpg
54KB, 320x240px
Who cross dominate here?

I'm right handed but my left eye is definitely my dominate eye. I can't comfortably shoot the vast majority of rifles, so I mainly stick to my Mossberg 500 and handguns. I actually sold my first gun (Marlin 60) and used the money to buy 9mm and 12 gauge buckshot.

I've tried most cross dominate shooting techniques but none have worked that well for me. I'm kinda sad that I sold my first gun but it just wasn't fun to shoot.
>>
>>29163076
I am. Can't shoot a rifle right handed. I've just had to learn to be a left handed shooter since I was 10 or so.
>>
>>29163076
Have you tried putting your sights on a riser and rolling your head over to look through with your left eye? Mike Pannone does this because his right eye is plastic, but it might work for you.
>>
>>29163076
You know you can shoulder a rifle on your left shoulder, right? If anything it means you manipulate the charging handle and magazines with your right hand, feels pretty good m8
>>
>>29163637
>>29163259
I tried that but it's just too uncomfortable for me.
>>
Right hand dominant, but a case of Uveitis in my right eye has left it lacking compared to my left. Feels bad man
>>
>criss dominant

When will this fudd "im a special snowflake thats why my shooting sucks" meme die?
>>
>>29166233

>being this much of a bitch-faggot queer

When will you die?
>>
Why don't you just get a pair of glasses? You'll see better in life and should make your eyes equal strength
>>
>>29166532

Right after you learn how to close one eye.
>>
>>29163727

This desu

Right-handed, left-eye dominant, and I hate it so goddamn much. I can shoot a rifle comfortably, or I can shoot it accurately, but I can't do both. At least I can still use handguns and shotguns without too much compromise.
>>
>>29163076
>left-eye dominant
>fire rifles left-handed
>pistols only feel natural if I fire them right-handed

>>29163637
Shooting an AK as a lefty is incredibly comfy.
>>
>>29163076
I'm naturally left eye dominant but right handed
back in cub scouts i needed to learn to use a bow, but couldn't do shit left handed
Worked right handed until now I'm comfortable shooting with my right eye (took about 5 years of practicing to get it down)
I shoot rifles right or left handed with the same degree of accuracy since when i learned to use rifles i forced myself to learn both ways, which is nice
>>
>>29163076
Me, my right eye got fucked up back in my time in the military because someone thought it would be smart to have a barrel right up to the side of my eye.
>>
>>29163076
Same.

I've been cross dominant since I found out my left eye is my dominant eye at the age of 13.

Sucks because I've tried a few times to shoot with my right, but it just feels weird.
>>
>>29163076
>left-handed
>right-eye dominant
I just suck it up and shoot with one eye closed.
Yeah it's not as operator as keeping both eyes open but it's never been much of an issue for me, at least, not as much as trying to shoot right-handed has been.
>>
How the hell do you shoot rifles left handed?
>>
>>29169227
for a lot of rifles it really makes no difference left or right for actual shooting, but working controls can be a bit weird.
Bolt-actions, if the bolt handle isn't turned down so sharply as to be set into the stock you just sorta reach over the top and hook it with your pinky/ring finger. That, or take your support hand off the gun to work the bolt.
>>
>>29169202
Same.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.