[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, /k/. /pol/ here with a quick question. Best handgun for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

Hello, /k/. /pol/ here with a quick question.

Best handgun for a 6'5 man with a rather large hand. I've tried a few and they handle rather horribly. Also, any suggestions on revolvers like pic related?
>>
>mfw I told my dad I want too get a Taurus Judge and he said it's a novelty gun.
>>
Your weight/size has nothing to do with how capable you are of controlling a handgun.

Look for S&W .357 Magnums, just about any will perform fine so it's more about what frame size you like and your budget. Physically handle a firearm in a store and preferably at a range before you buy.

Prepare for the shitstorm you have brought upon yourself.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>28455407
I dont disagree, i've heard bad things. Just something similar, they seem interesting.

>>28455422
The smaller the handgun, the more awkward it feels in my hands. I can handle it just fine, but the best way to compare it is using an off-brand controller instead of the ones that come with the console.

shit analogy, but yeah.
>>
>>28455422
Also, what shitstorm exactly?
>>
Desert Eagle, giant man.
>>
>>28455582
of course, what an obvious choice i've missed. what was i thinking.

thanks.

anyways, any recommended 1911s?
>>
>>28455582
Go back to cs go kid
>>28455372
Just go for a full sized semi auto, don't even bother looking at revolvers, they are outdated 19 century crap. I'd go for a glock 17.
>>
>>28455579
Whenever someone asks for new guns you get

>>28455579
Memers like this
Glock Brand Cockfags
People shilling FuddyFive NineElevens
Someone will tell you to get a nugget
Functional retards pretending they know what calibers are for what
At least one ass wanting you to buy a nugget
Another ass telling you to buy a Shotgun for home defense
Tacticool mall ninjas who think revolvers are obsolete
Elmer Fudds who think polymer handguns explode
And a whole bunch of other general mongoloids and czechlefucks I don't like to think about

Go innaguns store, feel out a few guns, find what seems natural, then rent it and fire it a few times.
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 500x500px
>>28455372
Get something like pic related or a K or L frame Smith & Wesson.
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 625x626px
>>28455582
>>
OP when looking at entry revolvers, S&W and Ruger are your two big names. Avoid Taurus if you want to avoid headaches.
>>
>>28455629
I think you forgot memers saying revolvers are 19th Century.
>>
>>28455686
>tacticool mall ninjas who think revolvers are obsolete
>>
File: 323.png (15KB, 233x241px) Image search: [Google]
323.png
15KB, 233x241px
>>28455629
*all ofthem
>>
>>28455676
I was the user who's dad say Taurus judges are a novelty, what is so bad about their guns? Heard some but never really explained.
>>
>>28455597
1911s aren't great first carry guns, the heavier round, heavier weight overall, huge spread of manufacturers with wild QC, and general action are all kind of a bitch.

If you just love the 1911 Aesthetics but could do with something more modern, look at FN Browning Hi-Powers, it's the 1911's younger slutty sister in a more manageable caliber.
>>
5 hunna magnum/500 s&w
>>
>>28455719
Taurus has QC issues on their semi-autos, and in my experience if a company makes one flawed product you can guess that all the products are flawed.
Plus, Judges are gimmicky bullshit
>>
>>28455629
Thank you. I have an 870 so im set on that, is nobody for sig? Probably wont go the revolver route for my first handgun, also i think im getting one passed to me eventually.
>>
>>28455372
Revolvers are not an ideal carry gun but they work. Anything from Ruger or S&W is good. If you're a big guy for me and think you can conceal a large handgun I would go with a fullsize semiautomatic, or a compact semi with a magazine extension. Beyond that, it's mostly personal preference. Try holding some different ones in a store.

Oh, and for a carry round you should go with 9mm and carry JHPs. If you want to bother with other rounds you can but 9mm is so prevalent for a reason.
>>
>>28455762
If you're asking about Sig-Sauers I can tell you they're very popular carry guns but I know next to fuckall about them.
>>
>>28455779
>" If you're a big guy for me"
im looking for handguns, not dicks.

badum-tssss
>>
File: deaglebeagle.jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
deaglebeagle.jpg
40KB, 480x360px
>>28455372
Obvious answer
>>
I bought my dad a Taurus judge for his innawoods gun. .410 for snakes, 45lc for everything else.
Was, in retrospect, a poor choice. Although we have copperheads, those aren't aggressive snakes. And if we can leave wildlife alone and not kill it, that's the best option. Plus the 5 round capacity and expensive ammunition is no fun. Im 6'2 regular sizeish hands and I find the grip small.

For revolvers, .357 magnum or bust. You can shoot .38 special for plinking, .357 for killing.
I personally prefer semiautomatic pistols, and full size service models like the h&k USP, berreta 92, and the glock 17, might not be easy to conceal, but might fill your hands better. 9mm best caliber. Cheap 20 cent plinking practice ammo, but high quality 147 grain hollow points for Defense.
>>
>>28455582
Memes aside, fun fucking guns. I shot the .50 and the .44 versions
Both tons of fun, and I like the similarities between its gas system and ar15s

>>28455731
Those RIA GI models are pretty solid, even at that $400 price tag

>>28455756
I am convinced that Taurus is a front company for multiple manufacterers. The pt92 is solid. The judge, as much as a disappointment the concept of a dual caliber gun was, is still a solid gun. The raging bull is pretty popular. But everything else 100% dogshit. It's weird

At 6'5 op, you'd have no trouble whatsoever carrying glock 19 and similar sized pistols. But the grip might not be the best.

Accept that a carry gun isn't going to be as comfy as a full size, or change your wardrobe to accommodate the larger firearm
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 248x248px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 248x248px
>>28455899
Dubs wills it. A Deagle brand Deagle
>>
>>28455597
springfield armory 1911 mil spec 5 inch
I have big hands. 6'0 290 Fits well any 1911 5 inch should work.... guy who comes to the local shop CC a .50 DE.. He is 6'9...
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.