[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So ive been thinking about buying this gun, has anyone ever shot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Springfield-SOCOM-16-1024x768.jpg (258KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Springfield-SOCOM-16-1024x768.jpg
258KB, 1024x768px
So ive been thinking about buying this gun, has anyone ever shot it? Is it just a regular M1A?
>>
>>28399044
You stupid peice of shit that's and sks, fucking kill yourself
>>
File: 1421931910968.jpg (126KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1421931910968.jpg
126KB, 1280x720px
>>28399044
it's a socom 16, the 16th installment of Zipper Interactive's SOCOM: U.S. NAVY SEALs video game series
>>
>>28399044
Unless you really really want a short M1A, don't bother. There are better .308 semi-autos out there for cheaper.
>>
>>28399044
Get the scout squad instead.
>>
>>28400212
This. 18" ftw.
>>
18" is probably better overall. A bit more velocity, and more parts interchangability.

That said, most people with SOCOMs tend to like them a lot. You don't lose THAT much velocity, it's still way more powerful than a 5.56 or x39, and the "b-but.. proprietary gas system!" complaint doesn't really matter because they still run fine.
>>
>>28402731
They don't run fine though. The socom is a very problematic gas system. At least how SA did it.
>>
>>28399247
I like how the M1A's look, rather than an AR. would there be one you would personally recommend?
>>
>>28402731
>That said, most people with SOCOMs tend to like them a lot.
If you spent $1700 on what is notable the worst performing variant of a rifle that is already suboptimal in its field, you'd still be saying how great it is if it came covered in elephant shit.
>>
File: Snapshot_5.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_5.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
>>28404626
Not him, but what are you looking to do with it?
>>
>>28404948
I wanna master the iron sights for long range use mostly
>>
>>28405498
National Match or the scout 18" will be one of your choices then.

You're gonna wanna learn how to tune your M1a and learn the ins and outs for reloading it and the issues it has. On avrage you're gonna get 5 fires out of your brass because of how the case gets yanked out from the chamber..

All and all it's a fun thing to learn, but isn't cheap.
Here are some helpful links for you to start with

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/03/daniel-zimmerman/upgrading-the-m1a-a-gunsmiths-perspective/

http://www.thebangswitch.com/factors-affecting-m14-rifle-accuracy/

and lastly the most important IMO

http://www.m14.ca/reloading/14_loading.pdf
>>
>>28399044
PTR 91, FAL, M77, Vepr, and AR-10 will all be cheaper, more reliable, and possibly more accurate. The M1A is outdated, overpriced, and unreliable when dirty. If you want an M1A, get an M1A. If you just want a semi auto .308, any of the ones I listed above would be better.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.