[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Ausfag handgun owners here? I'm in the process of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Too thin.jpg (340KB, 1209x812px) Image search: [Google]
Too thin.jpg
340KB, 1209x812px
Any Ausfag handgun owners here?

I'm in the process of going for a handgun license at the moment, and I'm looking at safe requirements.
The SSAA has their own requirements which are far stricter than anything in the law, and are frankly completely impossible - especially if you're renting.

http://www.sspc.org.au/firearms/securing_firearms

They say you need a 5mm thick safe, but I can't find a single safe for sale with walls that thick - even a $3500 53-gun safe at the local gun shop.
What does /k/ recommend? Is there any possible way to meet their requirements, or should I just get something else and try to convince them to sign off on it?
>>
>>28396733
https://www.safesgalore.com.au/cat/gunsafes_pistolsafes
Took me literally one google search.
>>
Stay a from the cuck cancer that is the ssaa they sold us all out in 96 and again in 2003. Join any other club.

They want higher restrictions so they can say how righteous they are. Former ssaa vic member her ever again. Also vote shooters and fishers!

On the safe front try and buy a small second hand chubb lord or cmi safe should meet the restrictions
>>
>>28396921
What are some other good clubs in SE Melbourne?
>>
>>28396733
Spika safes are affordable and of very high quality.

I have the S2CH which is rated for Cat A,B, C, and H.

http://www.spika.com.au/gun_safes.html
>>
>>28396959
>rated for Cat A,B, C, and H
The SSAA would reject it though. They want 5mm walls.
>>
>>28396970
The SSAA aren't the ones coming round to check your safe, that's the police. And protip: The police don't care so long as they can't move it.
>>
>>28396989
Nope, your club also has to sign off on it.

If I just had to meet the legal requirements, I'd get one of these, because it's faster to open:
http://www.gunvault.com/sv500.html
>>
>>28396989
>Before the club will endorse the purchase of your first handgun, they must . your safe keeping facilities. A committee member or someone appointed by the committee will carry out the inspection...

You fucking what? Tell them to get fucked. Join another club OP, having the club needing to inspect the safe is bullshit.
>>
>>28397013
My membership renewal's coming up, I'll email the club president about it.
If he isn't willing to be reasonable, then yeah - I'll cop the longer drive and go to a different club.
>>
There is a one in oakleigh and one up towards the dandenongs.

Im very anti ssaa I hate that they insist on visiting your home and dictating what is and isnt ok even if vicpol is happy.
>>
Op come over to australianhunting.net

Is the /k of australian shooting
>>
>>28397098
Full of retards and Nazi mods like Shooting Australia?
>>
File: Spikas1.jpg (192KB, 600x886px) Image search: [Google]
Spikas1.jpg
192KB, 600x886px
>>28396959
Holy shit I want one. Looks like they don't sell them to the US though...
>>
SSAA is literally cancer who are happy to throw gun owners under the rug for their self-righteous fudd-tier shooting 'sports' and the easy money they rake in because memberships.

Shooters and Fishers are literally as bad. Vote LDP for proper gun rights. Queensland Gun Club is the best one to join, but always suss out your local clubs first. SSAA should only be a last resort.
>>
>>28397173
>Queensland Rifle Association.

My bad.
>>
>>28397139

no its what shooting australia always wanted to be.

full of guys from 20's to 70's who like hunting and shooting shit. tacticool ninjas may not be welcome. if you like shooting shit and have a thick skin your fine, ive met and hunted with more than a few blokes of AHN and if your safe with a firearm and happy to listen to what is 99% of the time very good advice then yeah its great.
>>
>>28397173
name one thing LDP has done

you name one and Ill name 10 that SFP has done for shooters in Vic, WA and NSW

No party is perfect but SFP do actually care about us and have a track record of doing things in the interest of shooters. asfor their other policies I dont care so much because im going to get shafted by every other party
>>
>>28397300
LDP has literally only has 1 man in the senate in the FIRST election it ever took part in. Give it time anon.

Plus he:
>Contributed to the senatorial inquiry dismissing proposed regulation strengthening.
>Successfully managed to get the Adler shotgun ban lifted

In one stroke they've already done more than the SFP has. The SFP are a dead weight party who's single issue policies means they get next to no votes. Should the LDP get more votes they'll be a huge block in the senate which may even mean relaxed gun legislation
>>
>>28397382
on a state level the SFP is effective, nationally they never will be I admit that but by the same token a federal LDP will not be able to change state based laws because anti gunnz in state level politics
>>
>>28397484
Then vote for the LDP at a state level, too.
They were #4 in overall votes in the last Victorian upper house election, they were just too spread out to get a seat.
>>
>>28397484
State based laws are nationally agreed upon via the NFA. Any changes to the NFA better or worse means that they would have to be implemented by the states. There are differences between all the states here and there but it's rather insignificant compared to the broader umbrella that is the NFA. LDP can influence any direction in change based on that.

The SFP is better at a local council level where their single issues are more relevant. At a state level Katters Australia Party is much more effective. But the LDP is more articulate and educated than either, and hopefully they capitalize on their gains in the 2013 election and gain seats in the 2016 election and possibly expand into state level government.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.