[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do soldiers cope with the fact that they are for their officers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: soldier.jpg (81KB, 750x542px) Image search: [Google]
soldier.jpg
81KB, 750x542px
How do soldiers cope with the fact that they are for their officers and generals

what a peasant is for me in age of empires

Like you can die in a battle while your general is in a hotel with champan

don't they ever feel like slaves?
>>
I get paid, fairly well at that, to let them do the thinking and take the fall for when shit doesn't work because they fucked up. It's like a regular job except I get paid to shoot guns.
>>
>>28388252
Soldiers keep each other alive. At the end of the day, if the unit works cohesively, they'll get through alive and get paid, and that's all that matters to the enlisted man.
>>
File: 1447953141657.gif (2MB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
1447953141657.gif
2MB, 659x609px
>>28388252

How do you cope with it?
You just do, it's part of the job.

The real question you want to ask is what makes people enlist in the first place.
And that question is so vague, that you shouldn't spend your time wondering about it.
>>
Officers generally dont like losing men though.
>>
>>28388252
Only times I ever felt like that were division and maybe brigade change of command ceremonies.
>>
Soldiers are faggots who suck banker and shareholder dick, fuck themselfes up when serving then cri after discharged

Idgaf you blabbering fags 95% of you who say you was in the military didnt even served

Bootlickers and no good retards all of them
>>
>>28388282
*get to kill people
>>
>>28388252
I know that my general knows he is nothing but a man with a gun without me. He told me himself. Utmost respect to each other is what keeps an army running.
>>
>>28388332
"Few men could explain why they enlisted, and if they attempted they might only prove that they had done as a politician said the electorate does, the right thing from the wrong motive"
>>
>>28388252
May hatred for officers did not come to me until the last few months of my deployment to Afghanistan. The area I was at was fairly kinetic, like if you spent about three days with us you'd expect a tic. Well it hit me when at the very end of the deployment when they sent a huge group of Lt.'s in literally just to get CIB's/CAB's... When out on the side of a mountain with my lt (who had been there the whole time with us) I was visibly upset and when asked "what do you think annon?" I told him it was like they were trivializing the meaning behind the award and the four people that died never got any kind of award for courage or anything. But these buttheads are going to get Bronze stars just for being here. My lt never said anything about it to me after that, and he did not accept the bronze star all officers got.
>>
>>28388357
There has always been soldiers and there always will be, for good and bad we are here and you will never understand.
>>
File: 1448028588672.gif (3MB, 628x402px) Image search: [Google]
1448028588672.gif
3MB, 628x402px
>>28388357
>>28388357
The barely suppressed rage evident in your tears makes them all the more delicious.
>>
>>28388400
Sure buddy :^}
>>
As an Officer (non US ARMY) I am responsible for my men.
>>
>muh lions led by donkeys bullshit

Is it that time again already. Officers do not have magical bubbles, generals die in wars even today. They just do it less often because their job is the big picture, hating them for that is pathetic.
>>
>>28388424
>job is the big picture
That's why they've failed for the past 15 years to yield any tangible long lasting results whilst me and my buddy's are getting ambushed by a enemy that given safe haven because the lack of conviction that my general has? No I'd say it's a pretty good reason.
>>
>>28388439
>That's why they've failed for the past 15 years to yield any tangible long lasting results

Yes, because the generals would be able to unfuck the shitty countries they were given to deal with. Military conviction is going to stop their culture being backwards and stupid.

How do you get 'long lasting results' when the people you are trying to train to take over for you are unable or unwilling to actually do their jobs as soldiers when you leave.
>>
>>28388252
It's no different from civilian life
>>
doesnt the soldier even realize

enemy want to kill me

my officer will make enemy kill me

why is enemy worse than officer?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
Do any of them actually look like real soldiers?
>>
>>28388738
sry wrong post
>>
>officers not caring about their men

Even if they hate their guts they won't let shit happen to them as that's their career there.
>>
>>28388252
>How do soldiers cope with the fact that they are for their officers and generals
>what a peasant is for me in age of empires

You'd make a terrible general.
>>
By knowing officers are lifers and will deal with 100x the bullshit over their lifespan.

Think about it. If you're in for four years and don't like it or (hopefully) have better plans, you're out once your contract is up. What are most officers going to do? Command paperwork and Excel spreadsheets. Enjoy the mandatory anti-sexual harassment workshops while actual shit is exploding elsewhere. If they don't like it? Too fucking bad. They can go work at Walmart or a car dealership, because there'll be nothing else for them if they quit.

Being brass is like a bell-curve of fun. There is a peak, and then it's all downhill from there.
>>
File: 1450989741631.jpg (151KB, 700x363px) Image search: [Google]
1450989741631.jpg
151KB, 700x363px
I actually like all the officers I've had to deal with so far
>>
>>28388369
That's only on deployments. We're soldiers, not police.
>>
>>28388738
Those models are actually pretty good desu
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.