[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any reason I shouldn't buy a FiveseveN? (Cost not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: eff_enn_fiftyseven.jpg (429KB, 1737x1179px) Image search: [Google]
eff_enn_fiftyseven.jpg
429KB, 1737x1179px
Is there any reason I shouldn't buy a FiveseveN? (Cost not being a factor, I can pay for it)
>>
If money isn't a problem you should buy an SBR p90 instead
>>
Better question is to figure out the things the FN has in its favor... Like... Maybe not blowing up...
>>
>>28378531
There's little practical utility for it. The cartridge only has a couple of loads available and isn't for novice reloaders.

If you don't mind it being a range toy or talking piece, then it's fine. But since AP ammo is hard to get/expensive (and of very limited utility to most civilians anyways) there isn't much use for the gun.
>>
>>28378531
poor ammo availability
>>
File: timthumb.jpg (27KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
timthumb.jpg
27KB, 700x466px
>>28378531
for the price you could get an fn ps90

its way cooler and if you're gonna buy a special snowflake gun i figure you should go the whole 9 yards
>>
.327 mag is more available.

.222 rem would make a better hand gun.

Kel-Tech will someday make a 17 WSM or 17 HM pistol as the poor man's 57 and it will be awesome sauce.

38 Super will make a comeback as 9mm Magnum and eliminate all other lessor ammo.
>>
>>28378531
just get a ps90
>>
>>28378869
>implying semi-rimmed ammo is going to replace straight walled 9mm for any reason

Not gonna happen. It's a good cartridge for competition, and great for individual self defense. But it'll never supplant 9mm.
>>
If you live dank memes and want everyone on the range to know it, then it's a great gun

It's a shitty gun for self defense
>>
>>28378531
Why?
Overly expensive handgun in a special snowflake caliber that has no special positive characteristics other than effectiveness against soft body armor with proper AP rounds.
20 rounds capacity is the most positive of its stats but is nothing special in this day when 15-20+ mags is nothing unusual for a full size service pistol in 9x19.
>>
>>28380228
But anon. 9mm is a tapered cartridge.
>>
If you want it get it, for being a small caliber it sure packs a punch, plus there is ap rounds for it and shit, reliability is quite nice too, I also was thinking of getting one too

With that being said I think the ps90 is the way to go
>>
>>28378598
>There's little practical utility for it.
A gun has little practical utility for the vast majority of people, tripfag. What 5.7x28 gives you is high velocity and high capacity in a rimless handgun round.
>But since AP ammo is hard to get/expensive
5.7x28 falls under the .22 exemption in 18 U.S. Code ยง 921 (17)(B)(ii), so there's that.

>>28378869
fucking retard

>>28380274
>It's a shitty gun for self defense
Says the person who's never used one for self -defense.

>>28380625
I'm a redneck who cannot afford "special" ammunition and don't understand why new cartridges are developed.
>>
>>28380935
>What 5.7x28 gives you is high velocity and high capacity in a rimless handgun round.
>high capacity
Compared to what?

>Says the person who's never used one for self -defense.
I have never used a .117 Co2 pistol for self-defense either, maybe it is the next new thing in carry guns?

>I'm a redneck who cannot afford "special" ammunition and don't understand why new cartridges are developed.
>don't understand why new cartridges are developed.
It was developed for military use in a PDW to have better performance against soft body armor than 9x19.
Out of a handgun it has a even worse terminal performance.
>>
>>28378531
availability of ammo
availability of magazines
availability of holsters
>>
>>28381389
>Compared to what?
Compared to 9mm, you can fit more cartridges in a box magazine of the same depth.

>I have never used a .117 Co2 pistol for self-defense either, maybe it is the next new thing in carry guns?
Maybe you have never used anything for self defense and are unqualified to comment on the effectiveness of this cartridge?

>It was developed for military use in a PDW to have better performance against soft body armor than 9x19.
It was also intended to be used in a handgun from the very beginning.
>>
>>28381407
OP said cost is not a factor, so he can just stock up on ammo and mags. Holsters can be custom made, and there are plenty of holsters for it anyway.
>>
>>28381550
Cost and availability are not the same thing.
>>
>>28381565
The point is that money can overcome "lack of availability", unless you're a prepper idiot who thinks the world is going to end and ammo won't be had anywhere.
>>
>>28381701
In the ammo crunch of 2013, 5.7x28 was nowhere to be found. Every distributor was out or had restricted sales to LE Agencies only.

I guess if cost is no option, you can buy an ammo factory and make your own.
>>
>>28381729
>In the ammo crunch of 2013, 5.7x28 was nowhere to be found.
Hence the "stocking up", you know, before an ammo crunch.
>>
>>28381759
There was never a big stock of it to begin with. What, there's like 2 guns chambered in that caliber with 90% of the users being LE Agencies.
>>
>>28381780
How many rounds do you expect OP to go through? He can buy several thousand right now.
>>
>>28381831
He never said. Maybe he's like most people and shoots fewer than 200 rounds a year. Maybe he's going to shoot 200 a day. He never said.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.