[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My hands are huge as fuck, to the point that when I handled my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Smith-Wesson-MP-Bodyguard-380.jpg (30KB, 620x455px) Image search: [Google]
Smith-Wesson-MP-Bodyguard-380.jpg
30KB, 620x455px
My hands are huge as fuck, to the point that when I handled my bro's M&P 380 I had to work to even be able to hold the thing.

With that being said, what sort of gun should I pick up for a concealed carry? I know that generally those smaller types of guns work well, but I'm a 6'6 guy, kinda need something bigger to work with.
>>
I'd just do a 1911. It's slim and you'll have no handling problems.

Alternatively, deagle.
>>
>>28349150
I have huge hands, and my Steyr M9 fits perfectly. The C series has the same grip but shorter barrel. The S series has a shorter grip.
>>
>>28349191
Isn't carrying a 1911 a meme, rather than legit advice?

>>28349198
I'll look into it, thanks anon.
>>
>>28349150
The Shield is great, with an extended magazine.
>>
>>28349226
>Isn't carrying a 1911 a meme, rather than legit advice?
no
>>
File: IMG_20151101_222441393.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151101_222441393.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>28349286
I'm in the same boat, OP, and I stand behind this statement as well.
>>
Don't cc a 1911. That's fucking retarded

Get a Glock 19
>>
>>28349150
A glock 20 or 21 might be more your style. If it's too long, try a 29 or 30.

They both have the same frame so when you're at the fun store hold either, you'll more than likely find a 21 or 30 since it's in .45 and more common.
>>
>>28350704
>>28349226
>>28349191

CCd a full size for months at school without getting caught, it's not that hard

Baggy shirts and a sweatshirt are your friend
>>
The most important dimensions for comfortable carry are handle length and gun thickness.
The least important dimension for carry is barrel length.

If the handle length is too long, it has the potential to cause 3 main problems:
1. imprint (stick out) the back of your shirt.
2. wear wholes in your shirt.
3. Ruin car seats, devastate them even, if you have it on your hip while driving.
If the gun is thick, it feels like you have a board stuck in your pants and may be heavy. It's just not comfortable. This is why the Glock 30 (double stack .45 with thick slide) is described as carrying a brick and the Glock 36 and slime Glock 30s are a thing.

If you carry IWB, in the waistband, the barrel length just doesn't matter so long as it isn't long enough to impede you sitting down, that would have to be a REALLY long barrel though. If you carry outside the waistband then length might matter more because it could stick down out of your shirt. I highly recommend IWB for conceal carry.

So what gun lets you be as accurate as possible (that's most important) while minimizing the the above?
You could carry a 1911, relatively slim slide, and have a tilt forward holster carried forward of the hip (behind appendix).
You could get a Glock 26 or a Glock 27 and throw a +0 pinky extender on the mags to get your third finger on the grip. That's what I did and I forget the gun is on me most of the time.

I'd stay away from revolvers because the round cylinder is pretty thick unless you go with a 5 shot .357 like the sp101 but then you only have 5 shots.
I'd stay away from any "duty" or full size guns like the Glock 17 because the handles are too damn long.

That's all the advice you'll get from me.
>>
>>28349150
I just bought a Glock 26 Gen4 and I like it a lot despite having large hands and big frame. It conceals very easy and I almost forget at times I have it on. 9mm is cheap and that lets me visit the range often despite being on a limited budget because of school/living expenses. Due to your size, the gun will be small for you in your hands but it'll conceal easy. Or get something larger that feels better.
>>
>>28349150
Go pick up an XDs that should fit pretty well.
>>
>>28353519
>You could get a Glock 26 or a Glock 27 and throw a +0 pinky extender on the mags to get your third finger on the grip. That's what I did and I forget the gun is on me most of the time.
>>28354357
>I just bought a Glock 26 Gen4 and I like it a lot despite having large hands and big frame. It conceals very easy and I almost forget at times I have it on.

Not even same fag.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.