[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is probably a longshot but /v/ doesn't really into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: cmanorev21.png (119KB, 620x321px) Image search: [Google]
cmanorev21.png
119KB, 620x321px
This is probably a longshot but /v/ doesn't really into military wargame simulators and apparently the slavs on /wgg/ can't afford this game.

Has anyone had any experience with Command Air Naval Operations? Really interested in the genre and I've played other wargames like Combat Mission, Graviteam Tactics, Panzer General, Harpoon, The Red Pill etc and enjoyed the hell out of them. Is this game better ? Does it have good replayability?

It looks exactly like the warsim video game that I have made up in my head except ACTUALLY real.
>>
>>28337497
forgot link

http://store.steampowered.com/app/321410/
>>
It's a proper simulator, not even in the same league as wargames like Combat Mission or even Harpoon.

Here you go family, try it for yourself

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:80E10AC602B5BB7C86D53021FD4082DC7FCAADCB&dn=CommandModernAirNavalOperations&tr=http%3a%2f%2fbt.rutracker.org%2fann%3fuk%3dcghmZgbUr6&tr=http%3a%2f%2fretracker.local%2fannounce
>>
>>28337497
>>>/wgg/
>>
>>28337527
well shit that'll save me some money, thanks
>>
>>28337571

It's not the latest version (there have been some patches, maybe some additional content) but you'll get the idea.
>>
>>28337510
Fucking christ, even with 50% off that's expensive.

How easy is it to get into? And how polished is it?

I find the idea compelling, but what's the GUI like? I don't give a shit about the graphics desu, but if the controls are a bastard to use i'll probably leave it.
>>
>>28337497

MY SCENARIO STANDS
>>
>>28337497
>and apparently the slavs on /wgg/ can't afford this game.
That general isn't even for actual wargames, just Red Dragon and similar bullshit, don't bother.
Try War in the East if you want WW2
>>
>>28337639
its like most wargames and grand strategies, the GUI is confusing until you take 20 minutes to learn what the buttons do and then its easy. The confusing part of the genre and specifically Command is that you have ot know all the obscure knowledge like weapon ranges, fly in altitudes for certain air weapons, difference between full speed and flanking speed on ships, fuel consumption at different speeds on ships, different types of ships, planes and UAV and their unique roles on the battlespace, along with the exact names of their armaments/tools. But if you're going on /k/ you probably know a lot of this stuff anyways, and theres an in game index so you can look stuff up.
>>
>>28337652
>>28337727

every time
>>
>>28337815
kek
>>
>>28337919
what does insufficient reflection mean?
>>
>>28337965
ITS TAPE

(It means that the bogey cannot be engaged by the semi-active radar homing SM-2 Block IIIBs, as the SPG-62 fire control radar's illumination-beams cannot generate enough radar-reflection for the SM-2s to follow)

semi-active radar homing missiles vs. stealth targets = breddy shit
>>
>>28338004
goddamn I have a lot to learn but I think I'm going to like this game
>>
SCENARIO STANDS
>>
>>28338355
God I miss that faggot. Those were fun threads.
>>
>>28337497
I play this for a few hours every week, and have done for a long time. I tried making threads a year ago about it but they died.

I think after World of Tanks /k/ will not into vidya

Feel free to ask whatever you like
>>
>>28338736

That's because likely we all had a very bad tasted in our mouths after the chinkcom shill.
>>
CMANO peddles absolute horse shit but it's fun to use.
>>
>>28338919
>CMANO peddles absolute horse shit
From what I can tell, they do sincerely try to model everything as accurately as they can. But an accurate simulation for such a complex situation as combat is damn near impossible.
>>
I can't really imagine plopping $40 just to play around with some things for a few hours though.
>>
>>28338948
You could always upgrade to what the professionals use for free, but then you'd have to model everything yourself.
http://www.agi.com/products/default.aspx
>>
>>28338024
>game
This shit is actually a job that you are paying to do.
>>
>>28337527
>magnet:?xt=urn:btih:80E10AC602B5BB7C86D53021FD4082DC7FCAADCB&dn=CommandModernAirNavalOperations&tr=http%3a%2f%2fbt.rutracker.org%2fann%3fuk%3dcghmZgbUr6&tr=http%3a%2f%2fretracker.local%2fannounce

how do i use this
>>
>>28338550
I have no idea what you're talking about. Fill me in?
>>
>>28339134
Well I'm not quite sure about all programs, but if you can find an add torrent from URL option anywhere, try that.
>>
>>28339167
Dumbasses would make threads about dumb scenarios they made up to show that X weapon is shit and Y country (usually China) is the best because this game said so.

They inevitably boiled down to them shouting "MY SCENARIO STANDS" after it gets picked apart completely.

Fun times.
>>
>>28339218
I remember those SLAM-ERs cruising at 30,000'
>>
>>28338919
>>28338934

BAE are paying the dev team to develop their simulators.

It cant be that bad.
>>
>>28339218
Thanks anon, sounds like I missed a good time.
>>
>>28339218
Just like all those PESA sensors in US fleets being able to pick targets in the presence of jamming ?

cus ya know

ESSM can toats kill an AS-4 in an ECM storm
>>
>>28339251
And I'm telling you, not even industry professionals can obtain a completely accurate simulation. There are so many minuscule details that can utterly change the outcome of a combat situation that modeling it accurately really just isn't possible. That's not to say it isn't useful, but it's limitations should be understood and any results must be taken with a grain of salt.
>>
>>28339733
>CMANO peddles absolute horse shit but it's fun to use.

>CMANO peddles absolute horse shit but it's fun to use.

>That's not to say it isn't useful, but it's limitations should be understood and any results must be taken with a grain of salt.

U turn intensifies
>>
>>28339916
>Not smart enough to figure out there are two other people in this line of discussion, not just one
>>
>>28339470
>ECM storm

in what fucking world enemy would be allowed to be this close to usa battle group for ecm to be a factor?

yeah, a video game one
>>
>>28339470
Jamming isn't a binary thing. There are different kinds of ECM and different kinds of ECCM, and they work against one another in widely varying degrees of efficacy. Furthermore, every radar can potentially burn through ECM, at short enough ranges.
>>
File: 81271750.jpg (198KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
81271750.jpg
198KB, 1024x682px
>>28339988
KEK'D
>>
>>28340049
ECM works better at range than up close. Lrn2electronicwarfare
>>
>>28340049
>in what fucking world enemy would be allowed to be this close to usa battle group for ecm to be a factor?

>allowed to be this close to usa battle group for ecm to be a factor?

Do Russian and Chinese RF not travel as far as US RF ?

Do you think you need to be close for jamming to work ?

Do you even understand how jamming works ? please provide your explanation, i think it may make us chuckle.

oh boy
>>
>>28337497
It's a game, not a simulator, no matter how hard faggots wish otherwise.
>>
>>28340121
>It's a game, not a simulator,

Wrong.

Keep trying
>>
>>28340121

do you know something BAE doesn't ?

http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=3885
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 506x877px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 506x877px
>>28340106
You use a giant slingshot to fire huge jars of jam at their big dish things so they can't hear you.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.