[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I got a Yugo SKS for Christmas, and it's covered in cosmoline.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

So I got a Yugo SKS for Christmas, and it's covered in cosmoline.

I basically know how to remove it (I did it to my nugget like 2 and a half years ago and my friend helped too) but I wanted to know how you guys go about it.

I think we washed it down, used some paint thinner and let it soak and stuck the metal parts in the oven, I remember leaving the stock in the sun for a few days but I probably won't do that this time since I live in Indiana

Pic unrelated
>>
File: IMG_20140217_123359_377.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140217_123359_377.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
I use boiling water and mineral spirits for the metal parts. I use a heat gun and shop towels for the stock.

Fellow Hoosier here.
>>
>>28334422
hit it with Formula 409 on both the stock and the metal, then boil the metal, then spray the metal with ballistol
>>
I just spray mine with WD-40 then wipe it all off
>>
>>28334422
where in indiana? let's go shooting!>>28334494
>>
>>28334422
Depends on where you are.

My brother got a Mosin at one point last summer and I helped him to clean it (he's an 8 year old)
We live in 'bama so we stuck it on the back porch for forty minutes and all the cosmoline melted off...
>>
>>28334771
I live outside Kokomo, I usually go to a range an hour away
>>
>>28334779
Ah, fuck. Guess I can't into reading comprehension.
>>
>>28334786
Loool it's fine

Good idea though if I ever buy another one in the summer or get one, my birthdays in the middle of the summer and my dad spoils me and my sister normally still
>>
WI-man here, took a four foot section of 2" PVC and capped one end, filled with two and a half buckets of mineral spirits. I dropped in the barrel, trigger assembly, disassembled bolt components, and let sit for two days. I cleaned everything using nylon brushes and steelwool. The mineral spirits, by this time, were dark brown (did the job well) and all parts came out spic'n'span. Sweat the Cosmo from the stock using a heat gun, use newspapers underneath the stock.
>>
>>28334422
Fellow Hoosierbro

Basically just bought a disposable turkey pan, put the metal parts in, dumped hot water in the pan and waited for it to get soft and scrubbed. Worked pretty well. Dried and treated with CLP. Heat gun for stock. Cleaned mine outside on a nice warm day, but obviously that's a no go right now.
>>
>>28334992
Con't

I should note that it wasn't packed in cosmoline, but it definitely had some that needed cleared out
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.