[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be in California >Go to Bass Pro Shop. >Cousin wants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 58_4326572_36.jpg (48KB, 550x416px) Image search: [Google]
58_4326572_36.jpg
48KB, 550x416px
>Be in California
>Go to Bass Pro Shop.
>Cousin wants to transfer ownership of 5 guns to me because he can't store them on campus property.
>Get past the firearms checkout at the front door after about 45 minutes.
>Get up to the gun counter.
>It's a god damn zoo.
>Finally get our number called.
>"Do you have a CA DOJ Firearm Safety Certificate?"
>No, It was never a requirement before.
>"well as of January last year it is"
>Fine.
>Take 30 question test, pass it, pay $25 in fees.
>They take the guns into the backroom
>Come back
>"Everything is fine but the flash suppressor on the AR is a feature." (meaning with an ACOG pistol grip and no bullet button, the gun now has too many "evil features", it's illegal.)
>It's a compensator.
>My response: Well, we appreciate your time and we'll just be going no-
>My cousin: I'm 110% certain that you're wrong about this.
>BPS employee: Well, whether it's legal or not, we're not doing it, here.
>Cousin: You're wrong. We can look up the law-
>BPS employee: Either you take your firearm and leave or I'm gonna call PD.

>Go to a shop that's been around for a while and sells a shit ton of AR's
>They look at it for a minute.
>Employee 1:Hey, anon. What about this?
>Employee 2:That's a compensator.
>Employee 1: "Oh okay."

Lesson learned.
Never take an AR to the trucker hat, bass boat, taxidermy, shotgun and .22 emporium.
>>
>Never take an AR to the trucker hat, bass boat, taxidermy, shotgun and .22 emporium.
*In California.
>>
fucking fudds man i swear to god
>>
>>28332712
Yeah, I'm just a filthy casual with a job and a life and all that other stupid shit.
>>
how long have you lived in CA? Not very considering you live in this anti-gun state and NOT keep up with big gun laws being passed.

Also, what did you expect from employees of a non-salt gun selling store?
You go to the smaller shops who employ people who actually likes guns.

Also, remember to bring a snap cap with you if you ever do any transaction or changing of hand of a "rarer" caliber gun. There's a required safety demonstration in CA.
>>
>>28332722
All my life.
I just never bought a gun.
I haven't had the money to blow on one between all my bills.
>>
>>28332722
Snap cap to demonstrate what?
>>
>>28332700
>"Do you have a CA DOJ Firearm Safety Certificate?"
>No, It was never a requirement before.
By this and the number of firearms I'm going to assume you were transferring long guns. If so, you are stupid. Just take possession, long gun registration only happened last year so for all anyone knows you transferred ownership before the registry.
>>
>>28332730
oh, ok then.
Well, OTHER THAN MOVING OUT of CA.
if you want to own and shoot guns in this state, it's almost a given you need to keep at least one eye open on our stupidfuck laws.
Unless you don't care or think that makes you gay sissy, the last thing you want is to get fucked with a felony charge, get guns taken away, and try and fight a very left leaning court system.
>>
>>28332722
>Also, remember to bring a snap cap with you if you ever do any transaction or changing of hand of a "rarer" caliber gun. There's a required safety demonstration in CA.
All the times I've bought a gun I've never had to do that. And many of those times were at Turner's.
>>
>>28332741
4 long guns and 1 handgun.
I don't, man.
I'm not immersed in the world of gun legislation.
I'm just doing a favor for my cousin.
>>28332746
Thanks. Definitely will do.
I almost got the god damn cops called on me just because the person I was with disagreed with the super high speed operational firearms expert.
>>
>>28332736
safety demonstration.
Some stores don't care, some do care.

It's supposed to be part of the transaction process, the store shows you how to clear and chamber a round with gun you're buying.

And while I'm not 100% certain on if you NEED it done on gun types you already own, I know bigger chain stores and even a few smaller stores will require this done, either due to ignorance or anally strict company policy.

So if you're ever going to go and buy some snowflake caliber or PPT something that isn't so readily available, either call ahead and make DOUBLE sure with that store's management (and ask if that particular manager will also be there at that time) or just acquire a dummy round/snap cap of that particular cartridge so you don't end up wasting you and someone else's time.
>>
>>28332712
Like I know right
>>
>>28332751
yea, well, it's been a mixed bag for me. I've encountered both.
>>
>>28332700
>pistol grip
>no bullet button
you were already over the limit with the pistol grip
>>
>>28332790
I'm an idiot.
It's not a pistol grip.
It's one of those cucked looking CA stocks.
He actually likes it.
>>
>>28332799
the thorsden isn't that bad. the ares scr is better (looks better too). hammerhead works but not very comfortable to hold with thumb over it. grip wraps/fins are okay but can't use thumb effectively. not that bad when shooting but reloading requires a different way of holding the gun
>>
If you're just going to hold on to them for your cousin and not going to use them without him just take them. You already got the FSC so you can be in legal possession of them as a loan.
>>
>>28332827
They're already at the local gun shop.
9 more days and it should all be square.
>>
>>28332809
the only problem with the ares scr is that you are going to depend on their special bolt and i believe trigger as well. There's literally no 3rd party support since it's such a niche product.

also, the lower by itself is $400~
if you're lucky enough to find one in store in CA, great.
If you're shipping, the $25 DROS fee + most-likely-over-$50 LGS transfer fee is going to rake that sunvabitch up by $100.
>>
>>28332836
yeah that's the only reason I haven't bought one. I'm in the grip wrap/fin camp because it's a little easier than the hammerhead (minus the thumb part) and I don't want to use the thorsden's stock
>>
>>28332700

>Live in WV
>local gun store full of everything from single shot guns to class 3
>Go up to counter to buy a gun
>leave 5 minutes later with gun

I can't imagine living in California and having to mutilate my ar15, my baby. I feel bad for you OP, all that stuff sounds like bullshit.
>>
>>28332751

turner's is pretty decent.
>>
>>28333047
Handgun roster is just as bullshit too. I can't buy the exact same mil-spec 1911 as another just because they were made from different manufacturers.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.