[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Goodnight, sweet prince. http://www.pri.org/stories/2015-09

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

Goodnight, sweet prince.

http://www.pri.org/stories/2015-09-07/ship-built-cias-most-audacious-cold-war-mission-now-headed-scrapyard

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Azorian
>>
>>28285645
They gave the ship bell back to Russia even though it was located on an area of the ship that wasn't claimed to be recovered. How much is still left unknown about this op?
>>
>>28286139

>How much is still left unknown about this op?

1968 wasn't a good year for submarines anon. :^)
>>
File: K-129_wreck-update.jpg (37KB, 630x355px) Image search: [Google]
K-129_wreck-update.jpg
37KB, 630x355px
>>28286139
We will probably never know. Just as we will probably never know why the K-129 sank in the first place.
>>
File: TzzFO.jpg (275KB, 1164x3700px) Image search: [Google]
TzzFO.jpg
275KB, 1164x3700px
>tfw
>>
>>28287438
This is so cool. Sonar composite? I'd assume that there were no flash powerful enough to take an actual photograph at that dept and darkness?
>>
File: sweat.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
sweat.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
>>28285645

No love for this? Watch the documentary on Netflix, breddy fucking cool. One of the most expensive projects in history just to gain an edge on the Soviets. The fucking gimbal on that thing was a marvel in itself.

That fucking burial at sea vid always gives me the damn chills. Looks like some IRL found footage horror film.
>>
>>28287648

Maybe a cam on the rig?
>>
woah that's fucking cool
>>
>>28287648
Er, what? You don't need very powerful lights, it's no different from any other water in the darkness.
>>
>>28287648

They sent down a bathysphere with a searchlight and internal cameras.

The distortion you're seeing is from the glass of the observation deck, which isn't completely glass due to the pressures it has to withstand.
>>
>>28287474

>Dat Bismarck

It's so alone, dark, and cold down there

;__;7
>>
>>28288746
Can you give me the name of the documentary?
>>
>>28291336
Random anon here, I think it's Azorian: The Raising of the K-129, but it doesn't show up on Netflix for me (US here).

I found the Netflix DVD page for it, but nothing about streaming.

Parts 1 and 2 are on kat.cr, but have very few seeders.
>>
>>28287474
Damn, that's a lot of water
>>
>>28291424

It would be completely shitty, but I'd be able to face a death by gunshot, by artillery, getting shot down and crashing, or BTFO in a tank, but being trapped in an air pocket on a sinking ship that's hundreds-thousands of feet down, that you know will probably implode, while hearing the eerie silence as the ocean claims the ship is some of the most terrifying shit I can imagine.

I don't know how this fucker stayed sane

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/12/cook-survives-3-days-in-air-pocket-of-sunken-ship-off-nigerian-coast/
>>
>>28287474
what the hell is the squid looking thing?
>>
>>28285645
Sad to see it go. Probably one of the more interesting CIA ops of the cold war, before you start hearing about deep-sea exploration of the Bismarck and Titanic.
>>
>>28293827
CTHULU
>>
>>28293827
I wouldn't worry about it
>>
>>28291600
Fuck dying at sea at all. And fuck having to look a guy in the eye and tell him you're going to have to eat him to survive.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essex_%28whaleship%29
This shit is nightmarish.
>>
File: photo.jpg (4KB, 88x88px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
4KB, 88x88px
>>28286198
>4 submarines mysteriously sink in 1968

So what really happened guys?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.