[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My 50 year old mother wants to get a pistol for range shooting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: px4stormfull_zoom001.jpg (78KB, 805x600px) Image search: [Google]
px4stormfull_zoom001.jpg
78KB, 805x600px
My 50 year old mother wants to get a pistol for range shooting and protection. What should I recommend she try out?

She's never owned her own gun before.
>>
My parents bought my mom a rossi 38 special for carry after we got driven out of a bum ass town by the druggies and the only cop
>>
You should work on your grammar and also read the sticky: found at the top of the front page.

I hope that helped and also sage.
>>
>>28254226
Take her to the range and let her try out some pistols.
>>
Hammerless snubnose .38, like we suggest every single time this comes up.

Honorable mentions to Glock 19, Bersa Thunder, Shield, LC9s Pro, etc.
>>
Revolver, snub nose, 22 or maybe 38 if she's up for it, with some kind of drop or manual mechanical safety.
Sign her up for range training classes and go with her at least until she gets it down
Also, earpro earpro earpro
>>
>>28254226
How strong are her wrists?

If they're weak, get her a wheelgun.
If not, get her a semiautomatic.
>>
Obrez.

>>28254256
>You should work on your grammar
He didn't make a single grammatical mistake, what are you saying?
>>
>>28254254
>my parents bought my mom
>>
>>28255641
He comes from a three parent household, shitlord.
>>
>>28254226
desert eagle 50 ae is the best choice for a 50 yo woman
>>
>>28255513
>Obrez

Underrated post.
>>
>>28254226
smaller caliber like 9mm or 380, recommend not getting a tiny 9 right away because the short barrel makes the recoil a son of a bitch and they arent fun to shoot at all. Feel like it will give a bad experience.
>>
>>28255781
One does not simply buy an Obrez
>>
>>28254226
VP9, its comfortable and easy to use , and she can probably work the slide, or get her a gp100, if she is CCW then Sig 238
>>
File: ruger-lcr-300x199.jpg (16KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
ruger-lcr-300x199.jpg
16KB, 300x199px
>>28254226
Ruger LCR. Recoil is easy, price is low, and she can't limp-wrist or otherwise fail to manipulate it under stress.
>>
>>28254226
A K-frame or something similar would be perfect for her.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.