[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does anyone have knowledge about this history of drugs in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

does anyone have knowledge about this history of drugs in the millitary?

not soldiers getting high, the performance enhancers and medical doses given to troops

it's hushed up like nothing else, from what I understand it became widespread in nazi germany where tank crews were given amphetamines, and only became more widespread from there

have there been notable instances of soldiers being used as guinnea pigs, or where they were given substances without their knowledge?
>>
I heard that thousands of commonwealth troops suffered serious adverse reactions to a budget anti-malarial, that caused them “hallucinations, psychosis, suicide, suicidal thoughts and self-endangering behavior”
>>
>>28082884

I know that german tank crewmen had combination meth and painkiller tablets that they took in order to avoid getting knocked out by concussion and when they were wounded, cant remember what it was called
>>
>>28083012
Wasn't it pervitin or something like that?
>>
>>28082884

aircrew have been given dextromethamphetamine for a long time to keep them awake and alert during extended combat sorties (imagine spending 14 hours in a cramped fighter cockpit)
>>
LRRPs took Dexedrine in Nam, pilots have been taking go-pills for fucking ever.
>>
>>28083036

Oh yeah, Pervitin, that was it. It was also called Panzer-chocolate by the troops as well. I think the air force might have used it too.

I also remember hearing about how in USMC bootcamp you lose alot more weight and gain alot more muscle in a shorter time than normal. and that they give troops a pill every day without saying exactly what it is. Steriods perhaps?
>>
>>28083085
If confirmed where can I get this legally as a civilian
>>
>>28083122

Not a chance at you getting it legally, it is literially Meth. Meth was first created in 1919 so not alot was known about it by ww2.
>>
>>28083122

Although maybe if you fake adhd you could get extremely small doses in Desoxyn
>>
>>28083085
>I also remember hearing about how in USMC bootcamp you lose alot more weight and gain alot more muscle in a shorter time than normal. and that they give troops a pill every day without saying exactly what it is. Steriods perhaps?
EC stack has that exact effect. Good for morale and attention, as well.
>>
>>28083144

you can be prescribed it by your doctor. it's an ADHD drug. cocaine can be prescribed by doctors too.

that being said, it's unlikely you'll get either.
>>
>>28083169
>EC stack
Heart attack? No thanks, I'll stick with good food, water, and coffee.
>>
>>28083219

You get heart attacks if you dont actually exercise when you take them. I think they do plenty of exercising haha
>>
>>28083085

Are you talking ww2 USMC?

Because joined in 06 that doesn't take place. If the senior DI feels a recruit is under weight he will give them a tag you put on your sleeve and it means you're a double rat (double rations) and get more food at the chow hall.

I went in 160 and came out 135 (5 '11) and my senior asked me at one point if I wanted double rats. I told him no because the time we had to eat I could barely eat the entire regular ration. People who are way fat don't even get new cammies, they know they'll lose so much weight by graduation it would be to baggy on them, so they get issued used fatty cammies in the beginning.

I bet the pill, if it did take place, was a vitamin.
>>
>>28083271

Like I said earlier, I just heard something about it. I'm not sure when, and i'll take your word for it if you say it didn't happen after 06. Thanks for serving
>>
see the way I look at it, there are three issues

1. a serviceman could render himself unfit for service by misusing or taking dangerous supplements
(as is a huge issue in the US, where the health department doesn't require safety testing)
2. the military could force or coerce servicemen to take substances detrimental to their health, give them substances without their knowledge, or give them untested substances
3. that servicemen would sell or distribute substances to the general population, or that drugs available on the civilian market might result in adverse reactions in conjunction with military supplements
(as occurred after the second world war)
>>
>>28083012
It was the Panzerschokolade, tankchocolate
>>
>>28083052

Modafinil is currently replacing the old sympathomimetic drugs in the air force.
>>
File: drop the breeki.gif (487KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
drop the breeki.gif
487KB, 267x200px
>>28082884
>have there been notable instances of soldiers being used as guinnea pigs, or where they were given substances without their knowledge?
Several
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unethical_human_experimentation_in_the_United_States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_SHAD
>Although many of the roughly 5,500 veterans who took part were aware of the tests, some were involved without their knowledge

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Top_Hat
> The exercise involved the use of Chemical Corps personnel to test biological and chemical warfare decontamination methods. These personnel were deliberately exposed to these contaminants, so as to test decontamination.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_ARTICHOKE
>Project Bluebird researchers dosed over 7,000 U.S. military personnel with LSD, without their knowledge or consent, at the Edgewood Arsenal in Maryland. Years after these experiments, more than 1,000 of these soldiers suffered from several psychiatric illnesses, including depression and epilepsy. Many of them tried to commit suicide.

Those are just a few verified tests that are out in the open. Imagine the things that are still classified that we will never know of or the things we will know about in 10, 15, 20 etc years.

Also MKUltra is pretty interesting but those tests where mostly on civilians or agents that didn't know. Some of them flipped out and ran in to traffic chasing dragons and getting hit by cars.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.