[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much .22 is too much .22? Is it ideal to stockpile, for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Hoarding-22LR-Ammo.jpg (53KB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
Hoarding-22LR-Ammo.jpg
53KB, 600x453px
How much .22 is too much .22?

Is it ideal to stockpile, for future/shtf/scare scenarios?
>>
>>28063951
I have a 50cal and a 30cal can full of .22 like in OPs pic. I still buy it at a reasonable price when I see it. I don't see a "too much ammo" limit.
>>
File: 1443079379169.jpg (59KB, 609x636px) Image search: [Google]
1443079379169.jpg
59KB, 609x636px
>>28063951
is it safe to store rimfire cartridges like this?
>>
>>28063951
22lr is about the last thing I'd ever stockpile 10's of thousands of rounds with intentions of shooting it a decade or two later.
Keep ahead on the numbers enough to ride out an ammo panic, sure, but that's about it. I wouldn't go an inch beyond that with rimfire crap primers and poorly sealed cartridges.
Centerfire ammo on the other hand, I'd trust that a lot more. And plenty of that comes in spam cans or is sealed at the primer/bullet anyway vs any outside air.
>>
>>28063951
No such thing as "too much".

Better to have and not need than to need and not have.
>>
if i had the money i would buy me all the .22 i could find, would be funny to be able to shoot atleast 300 to 400 rounds a week.
you can never have to much .22s
you can never have to much of any kind of ammo.
but for shft/post apocalyftic shit?
store as much as possible, and make sure you can stockpile that shit where no one could ever find it, cus you aint gonna be able to carry 500 000 rounds with you when you are out doing shit.
>>
>>28064145
what is waxed bullets?
What is vacuum sealing?
what is storing ammo in a airtight can/box?
>>
>>28064212
I still wouldn't trust 22lr primers to be perfect after a decade or two.
>>
>>28064027
Why wouldn't it be safe?
>>
>>28064248
dont be like that man, in shtf youll be glad to have any ammo
>>
>>28064027

Yeah. Remington sells a pail of 1400 .22s packed loose in the pail. I even dropped one on accident and none of them went off.

>>28064248
I've shot a lot of old rimfire ammo and almost all of it was entirely fine. The only stuff I've shot that had gone bad was some probably 40 year old .22 WRF ammo. And it wasn't the primers that went bad, it was the powder charge. All the primers worked, but most of them went off with more a pop than a bang. None squibbed though.

Having said that, I don't know why more people aren't stocking up on shotgun shells for SHTF. Can take a larger variety of game, probably even less suspectible to going bad than rimfire, possibly more effective against human targets, etc.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.