[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>leaked photo of new EOTech model that would have been released

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

File: Qf4Qei6l.jpg (24KB, 640x457px) Image search: [Google]
Qf4Qei6l.jpg
24KB, 640x457px
>leaked photo of new EOTech model that would have been released prior to getting BTFO

Kek my shit up senpai.
>>
Gross
>>
>quick detach on wrong side
fake
>>
>>28055676
Please let that be a Chinese/airshit knockoff...what the fuck would you even put on those rails? Another red dot in case this one goes down?
>>
>>28055729

Don't worry. Eotech still a shit though.
>>
>>28055676
Get ready for the fire sale on eotech shit.
>>
>>28055729
put matching eotech on left side of eotech.

VIOLA! stereo optics
>>
>>28055751

Apparently L3 is offering straight refunds if you ask.
>>
>>28055676
That's a Russian clone, right? I swear I've seen that optic on a AK...
>>
>>28055756

It's so you can mount a RMR or Aimpoint on top and actually have a chance of hitting your target.
>>
>>28055751

Probably never going to happen because it's so rare for someone to go from -30 to 110 degree temperatures without re-zeroing.
>>
>>28055780

Just some chinese airshit knockoff. They always slap rails everywhere.
>>
File: Abraham Lincoln.jpg (254KB, 1600x1270px) Image search: [Google]
Abraham Lincoln.jpg
254KB, 1600x1270px
>>28055676

Did I miss something? What is going on with Eotech? Quick Google search reveals nothing.
>>
>>28055798
Whether it gets used or not for that in those conditions is entirely irrelevant, the bad publicity is enough.
>>
>>28055809
Oh they found out that at extreme temperatures (-40 and 110) there can be a teeny tiny shift in the location of the sight. Not a huge difference, but enough to matter in certain firefights.
Also, they found out they aren't parallax free and have a pretty large variation in MOA in rapid temperature changes (cold morning to hot day was enough to kick it).
>>
>>28055809

You're not very good with Google.

L3 is getting BTFO and sued by the federal government for knowing and witholding information about EOTechs being shit. They settled and are paying back 25 million dollars.

On top of that, SOCOM is looking to replace them all and the FBI has dropped them in favor of Aimpoints.

Basically all the firearm instructors who have been shouting about the problems with EOshits were proven right and get to say "I told you so!"
>>
>>28055815

I'm curious if there has ever been a gun or optic or ammunition that can go through those temperature changes without a major shift. Why is this an issue for L3 exactly?
>>
>>28055858

[Eofag owner detected]
>>
>>28055858
>a pretty large variation in MOA in rapid temperature changes (cold morning to hot day was enough to kick it).
How large are we talking here? Also, that doesn't sound rapid at all.

>they found out they aren't parallax free
Don't all red dot sights still have a bit of parallax at closer ranges?
>>
>>28055729
>the fuck would you even put on those rails?
grips. bipods. iron sights. in that order. kek
>>
>>28055858
> be me
>buy EOTech
>read this.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUck. shoulda gone aimpoint huh? I just wanted Merican made
>>
>>28056238

Yes, EOTechs not being "parallax free" wasn't any big secret. All sights have parallax to some extent.
>>
>>28056238
>red dot sights
it's not red dot, it's holographic.
>>
>not buying one with rails to go on the rifle and three without rails to go on the one with rails
>not buying a shitload of them to make a Koch fractal on your Heckler and Koch
>>
>>28055868
They knew about it since 2006 and the CEO decided to not report it when he was supposed to as part of his contract
>>
File: 1443457775447.jpg (26KB, 457x480px) Image search: [Google]
1443457775447.jpg
26KB, 457x480px
>>28055745
in what world would you require a rail on your sight?

in what world would you then need THREE rails on your sight?
>>
>>28056898
PEQ, BUIS, and BURD on one module, duh
>>
File: nydar_shotgun_sight_640.jpg (23KB, 475x449px) Image search: [Google]
nydar_shotgun_sight_640.jpg
23KB, 475x449px
>>28056740
It still functions in the exact same way, only difference is how the reticle is formed.
>>
>>28055729
Kek more like another red dot in case it gets hot out
>>
>>28055858
>Oh they found out that at extreme temperatures (-40 and 110) there can be a teeny tiny shift in the location of the sight

http://soldiersystems.net/tag/eotech/

Small shifts in zero at low temperatures, such as 20" at 100 yards when the sight starts getting below 0 F.
>By early 2007, Defendants knew of a separate performance failure in cold temperature. Beginning around 32 degrees Fahrenheit, the sights’ aiming dot became significantly distorted, affecting the accuracy of the sight and worsening as the temperature approached -40 degrees. At sub-zero temperatures, the distortion of the aiming dot affected the accuracy of the sights by more than 20 inches for every 100 yards.

Small moisture problems, such as moisture from the air getting in the sight and making the reticle dim or disappear completely
>By 2008, Defendants also knew that their sights failed to perform as represented in humid environments. Defendants knew that the sights leaked, allowing moisture to enter and causing a degradation of the reticle (i.e., the circle and aiming dot in the sight necessary for acquiring a target). Although the sights were always sensitive to humidity, in 2008 EOTech inspected a large shipment of returns from DoD and noticed damage caused by moisture in nearly every sight. In the years that followed, moisture-related complaints (typically dimming or disappearing reticles) became the number one reason for EOTech’s customer returns, and EOTech’s own testing repeatedly confirmed that the sights were not properly sealed and quickly degraded when exposed to moisture.

That's on top of the zero wandering as the temperature changes and the 4-6 MOA parallax error as temperature changes.

Fuck, if that's what tier 1 operators get, I'm worried about my Primary Arms red dot sight.
>>
>>28056238
6 moa.

I have, and will continue to run eotechs in addition to other sights
>>
>>28058918
Ive been at the range in -10 shooting offhand at 100 yards less than 10 minutes after pulling one of my eotech equipped rifles out of my nice warm truck and havent noticed any shift.

I havent had any problems with water leakage or moisture, and Ive never gotten hazy reticles.

"can" happen doesnt mean "will" happen
>>
>>28055751
Where because I'll take two.

Also
>another terrible namefag
>>
>>28059128
But it does mean it can happen
>>
>all these alleged problems that could be caused by something as simple as leaving your gun in your car on a hot day
>literally one of the most popular brands on the market
>nobody ever verifying or documenting these zero shifts prior to this lawsuit

It really sounds like it was an edge case scenario they were contractually obligated to not be susceptible to, and they lied about it. It does not sound like "Every eotech is broken!!!!"

My EoTech has worked good for going on 6 years now, and hasn't lost zero yet despite it being subject to temperature variations.

>inb4 eotech apologist
>inb4 eotech shill
>>
>>28055745
>still less fragile than an actual Eotech
>>
>>28055858
>8 MOA
>16 fucking inches at 200 yards
>teeny tiny shift
AK owner detected

Also, u wot m8?

>>28055868
>ammuntion
Anything loaded with a ball powder invented after about 1965. Most of Hodgdon's stick powders. Alliant's post-2006 stick powders and double-base flake powders (especially Steel, which has a ~5% variance between -100F and 150F and was specifically made to work in extremely cold, wet weather).
>guns
Pretty much everything that isn't Bryco, Lorcin, Jennings, etc. tier. Steel doesn't really change much if at all in such a narrow temp. window. So assuming your action doesn't freeze shut at -30 the gun will shoot to the same spot it always shoots to assuming you're using modern ammo and a non-shit optic or irons.
>optics
I'm not really sure how you can avoid fogging up an optic at -30 unless it's also fairly windy. I gave up trying to shoot rifles with traditional scopes below -10F simply because no matter what they'd fog up (and I have several premium, $1500+ scopes that do it just as bad as my $50 Simmons on my 10/22). So, uh I assume so but have no personal experience to verify.
>>
>>28056731
True, but they ADVERTISED as being parallax-free. Not "parallax-free beyond X yards" but just...it didn't have parallax. Which was a lie, everyone (but the US gov) knew it, and someone finally called them on their marketing bullshit.
>>
File: 1448256169411.jpg (26KB, 731x565px) Image search: [Google]
1448256169411.jpg
26KB, 731x565px
>>28059571
>True, but they ADVERTISED as being parallax-free. Not "parallax-free beyond X yards" but just...it didn't have parallax. Which was a lie, everyone (but the US gov) knew it, and someone finally called them on their marketing bullshit.

I'm surprised it took so long, it was literally the second thing I noticed after picking up my first EoTech.

>Oh the projection onto the target plane is neat
>Wait there's quite a bit of horizontal parallax

I always just wrote it off as marketing hyperbole or something, didn't know they actually literally factually advertised it as parallax-free.
>>
>>28055676
I would mount that on a tri-rail ps90 in a heartbeat
>>
>>28056971
Idk if you appreciate the boner that these things provide. I just want 20" A5 with the full length forend, leather she'll carrier and nydar
>>
>>28056898

Three more eotechs
>>
>>28055756
I... I want to do this.
>>
>>28055676
what's next? Rails on rails?
>>
>>28055676
Clearly an NCstar sight
>>
>>28059556

>ammunition

You know velocity changes with temperature, right? Any precision shooter who has spent 5 seconds looking at ballistic charts knows you can get +- hundreds of yards because of the temperature.

>guns, optics

Metal expands and contracts with temperature.
>>
>>28055729
You can put an aimpoint, for when your battery dies
>>
>>28061744
>You know velocity changes with temperature, right? Any precision shooter who has spent 5 seconds looking at ballistic charts knows you can get +- hundreds of yards because of the temperature.
You know how I know you aren't one of those people? The changes on ballistics charts are more due to the change in drag on the bullet than the change in the velocity the bullet leaves the barrel at.
>>
>>28059637
Same exact thing happened to me. Sold it immediately and bought a T1 after that experience.
>>
>>28056898
Back up iron sights (In case of EMP), Laser pointer, flashlight, Optics, more space for useful attachments in the front
>Still prefer a plain and durable reflex sight
>>
>>28062080
>BUIS
>with that tiny ass sight radius
>thinking EOTechs are affected by EMP
>>
>>28055676
Now what fucking optic do I buy? I have a bad astigmatism. Aimpoints look like blurry dots to me.
>>
>>28062182
First you stop being a genetic defect
>>
>>28062182
Bushnell TRS 25 on a high riser mount.
>>
>>28061744
With some powders, yes.

But things like Varget, H322, 8208XBR, 10x, H1000, RL17/19/etc are specifically made to be extremely temperature insensitive.
>metal expands and contracts
Extremely minorly at any temperature a human can survive at. As far as firearms, it's literally a nonissue.
>>
>>28062182
C-More.

Been around 30+ years. Still THE preferred optic for competition pistol shooters, works perfectly fine on rifles.
>>
>muh EOTech is a shit now

You autists realize that literally none of you will be affected by the temperature extremes that might affect an EOTech's zero, right?
>>
>>28062340
>live north of Mason-Dixon Line
>it's winter
>drive to range
>pull gun out of nice climate-controlled vehicle
>it's 10F outside
>zero shifts 3MOA permanently as rifle cools to ambient in 10 minutes or less
uh huh. "no one". Right.
>>
>>28062340
Maybe U zuk muh dik, okay?
>>
>>28059128
>"can" happen doesnt mean "will" happen
>famous last words of retards everywhere
Hey, just 'cause you can die from shooting yourself in the face, doesn't mean you will.
>>
>>28055858

You realize of course the 110 degrees is achieved easily simply by setting your rifle down in the sun on a summer day, yes? Not really an "extreme temperature" asshat.
>>
>>28062351

I live north of said Mason-Dixon line. Have carried out exact scenario you just described many times over the years. EOTech's zero has never shifted a cunthair.
>>
>>28062340
>live in humid area
>moisture gets inside EOTech
>reticle disappears
>leave rifle in car on a hot day
>zero wanders a few MOA
>take rifle out of warm car when it's cold outside
>zero wanders a few MOA
>want to shoot when it's 0 F outside
>zero wanders 20 MOA due to the dot distorting
>>
>>28062080
>mw2
>>
>>28059637
Is it even possible for an optic to be completely without parallax?
>>
>>28055709
It's actually on the right side.
>>
>>28062408
Congo-fucking-ratulations.

BTW, do you have to tape/shim your batteries to keep it from turning off under recoil?
>>
>>28062857

No.

Haven't had to fuck with it since the day I mounted and zeroed it. That was four years ago. It's a 517 model, btw. It's been accurate and rock-solid reliable. I hope the prices do drop because of the recent sperg-out cause I'll gladly buy another one.
>>
>>28059556
>which has a ~5% variance between -100F and 150F
lol no, go play with QuickLOAD, there is more than a 5% pressure difference in that range.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.