[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.c-span.org/video/?328865 -1/hearing-f35-joint-str

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: 1.jpg (441KB, 2016x1134px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
441KB, 2016x1134px
http://www.c-span.org/video/?328865-1/hearing-f35-joint-strike-fighter

Because I know you faggots have never actually looked into the fucking plane you fight over all day.
>>
>>28047937
You guys really annoying. I'm starting to hate the F35 only because of the constant threads about it.
>>
>>28048718
Funny how you don't say that in the 9 out of 10 F-35 threads starting by someone trying to shit on it.
>>
>>28048777
No matter, hate threads or shill treads is equally annoying.
>>
Someone tl;dr this for me, I'm not listening to old men speak for an hour and a half
>>
Can they do the promised 50 degree AOA yet? And are they still flying with 4.6G limit?
>>
The f-35 is an overpriced lemon.
>>
>>28049093
First of all, AoA has nothing to do with G limits. And yes, they've done that for a very long time. Second, they've expanded the G limit up to where it's supposed to be, 9Gs.
>>
>>28049082

>Ejection seat
The helmet needs to be made lighter so pilots won't crack their necks, they have been developing that lighter helmet for half a year now and need at least one more to get the new helmet model in production. Also, every ejection seat will now be build with and already build ones retrofitted with a fat/skinny switch that the pilot needs to remember to switch as they board the plane or the seat could kill them
>3i software
Out in January
>3F software
Good news: it's not going to be delayed 4-6 months, Bad news: it's going to be delayed 3-4 months. (Out in ~August 2017)
>Canada
0.7-1% price increase per plane if Canada drops out, future modernization costs would also increase, they however plan on blackmailing Canada to stay in the project by threatening to take their jobs away
>Who ever "Ms McSally" is, her talking points were straight out of that bingo chart. BRRRRRRRT!
kek
>ALIS
(Few years back ALIS could only catch tiny fraction of faults with low false-negative rate. That was fixed and it indeed started catching more faults, it also jumped the false-negative rate to 80%.) Now they are telling that the false-negatives are no longer an issue and the newer planes only produce couple per flight (tactically however he failed to mention if it actually still catches the real faults)
>>
>>28050069
>>28050069
>Also, every ejection seat will now be build with and already build ones retrofitted with a fat/skinny switch that the pilot needs to remember to switch as they board the plane or the seat could kill them

Theres less than a half dozen the whole weight-limit thing even effected. Didn't it ground just one female F-35 pilot?
>>
>>28050105
Apparently only one manlet pilot was affected and they build him a custom lightweight helmet by hand so he could fly as well. Japan and/or Korea is however up in arms to get this fixed due to their whole population being smaller than average
>>
File: usa.jpg (74KB, 664x664px) Image search: [Google]
usa.jpg
74KB, 664x664px
>>28050129
>due to their whole population being smaller than average
You mean not obese like burgerland, right?
>>
>>28051608
Try a combination of a diet that results in stunted growth and extreme obsession with PE in school-age.
>>
>>28050129
eh
aren't modern young gooks/japs similar in size to europeans now?
Shouldn't really be an issue
>>
>>28052031
They're more likely to have a more western than traditional diet, which is higher in pretty much everything needed to be taller and beefier than the more traditional "rice and fish if you're lucky" diet.
>>
>>28050129
>>28050105
What exactly is the issue?
>>
>>28052794
It's a non-issue blown-up because it's the F-35. They announced an official minimum weight restriction similar to that on other fighters.
>>
>>28052875
what's the issue if someone doesn't follow said guideline?
>>
>>28052914
An underweight pilot could suffer severe neck injury while ejecting. Under 135lbs, which is similar to other fighters in service.
>>
>>28052924
Why is that? Genuinely curious.
>>
>>28052969
The ejefction system likely uses a high, standardized force.

F=ma. High a = bad.
>>
>>28052969
Because you're sitting on a fucking rocket that blasts you straight up at spine-damaging acceleration rates.
>>
>>28052969
because they are retarded and don't even know how to make a shitty program to measure the pilot's weight
>>
>>28052924
You could solve that by putting all training pilots on a strengthening routine tho
They spend a couple years learning how to fly, no excuse to be underweight at the end of that.
>>
>>28053063
>pulling negative Gs
>forced to eject
>sensor thinks you only weigh 10 pounds
>hit plane
>die

Great idea champ. Not to mention the fact they use rocket motors which, by design, can't provide variable force.
>>
File: 1371062764870.jpg (61KB, 395x513px)
1371062764870.jpg
61KB, 395x513px
>>28047937
>mfw USA unlike china and russia, being honest and open about the project
>mfw hearing all the problems discussed and wondering if the fucking powerhouse and forefront of innovation and technology, USA, is having problems, how will 3rd rate commie shithole dictatorships like china and Russia fix them
>mfw they won't
>>
Why does he say that there are defficiencies in the ejection seat, when in reality there aren't?
Isn't he just confusing all these lay-men into thinking there is something wrong with it?
>>
>>28047937
The thing that was most interesting in this was the fact they no longer require a minimum speed for maneuvering. That post stall stability is insane.
>>
>>28053129
I mean really, the ejection seat didn't technically reach specifications in the way it currently is, but that's what testing is for. Further, the specifications were beyond any other ejection seat so, at the very worst it's comparable.
>>
>>28053103
Or maybe, you know, they just don't have problems because they're actually trying to make a real fighter and jot some Jack of All Trades BS. Name one problem they've been having protip tou can't.
>>
>>28053936

engines
>>
>>28053936
Unit cost.
>>
>>28053955
Ebin maymay. The Chinese have been able to develop hyper sonic anri-carrier missiles, and you're telling me that they can't design a simple engine.
If only Amerilard delusion was a weapon, then you could actually stand a Chance against Russia and China.
>>
>>28053989
>and you're telling me that they can't design a simple engine

yes

>Ebin maymay.
>jack of all trades
>>
>>28054032
Yeah I know it's pretty retarded, how hard would a guy have to shit post around here to keep a thread going.
>>
>>28053989
Why do you think they put two in their JSF clone?
>>
>>28054247
Because its an F-22 clone with F-35 intakes.
>>
>>28049093
>Can they do the promised 50 degree AOA yet?
try 110
>>
>>28053966
Cheaper than all competitors
>>
>>28054522

The F-35 can Cobra?
>>
>>28054363
No, the J-20 is the F-22 attempt.
>>
>>28054629
They are not perfectly analogous, especially as J-20 is looking like it may end up as a multirole
>>
>>28054629
As hard as it is to believe, the J-20 is an indigineous Chinese aircraft.

Realize that it is the aircraft China's military is funding, while the J-31 (really the FC-31) is a private venture.
>>
>>28055124
indigenous*

>words you never write and no spellcheck
>>
>>28054650
>>28055124

I read that they think the J-20 is an attempt to create something like a stealthy F-111.
>>
>>28053063
lmao you fucking retard
>>
>>28055156
sure is reddit up in here
>>
>>28055124
Was the post worth 50 cents?
>>
>>28055190
>I cannot do 5 seconds of google

Congrats on telling everyone you are a retard.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.