[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, what's your take on using a mare's leg as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: Ranch_Hand_2.jpg (80KB, 850x297px) Image search: [Google]
Ranch_Hand_2.jpg
80KB, 850x297px
Hey /k/, what's your take on using a mare's leg as a canadian wilderness carry option? Which calibur should I go for?
>>
>>28046934
wouldn't it require a bullshit stamp?
Why not just use a 44 magnum or a heavy 45 long colt like a normal person?
>>
>>28046960
>being normal
>>
>>28046960
ahem, I said Canadian wilderness carry, as in no handguns because getting a permit for it is stupid hard. Plus in Canada we see a mare's leg as a rifle.
>>
>>28046934
The sole reason I want one of these is to spin load it.
>>
>>28046934
I see no downside to this. I kinda want one just for fun.
>>
>>28046960
Luckily in Canada it is just barely long enough to count as a rifle. Rifles only need a basic firearms license, while handguns require a gay, difficult to obtain advanced license.
>>
File: outlaw.jpg (13KB, 763x355px) Image search: [Google]
outlaw.jpg
13KB, 763x355px
>>28046934
You could get the Outlaw. Shoot slugs inaccurately and double as a flare gun.
>>
>>28046960
ATF classed it as a pistol, don't know if you Canuckle heads are so lucky
>>
>>28047229
The canadian models are all at least 26 inches long.

26 inches in canada = unrestricted long arm, with retarded exceptions.

Canadian Firearm law is a collection of retarded exceptions that work for and against gun owners.
>>
>>28047255
But apparently, I am mistaken, because you can buy the 24" model as unrestricted in Canada.

....I am confused.
>>
File: image.jpg (572KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
572KB, 1600x1200px
>>28046934
Get a .44 OP.
Load her up with some hot hollows, and go hunt Mr. bear and shit.
>>
>>28047042
if thats the case put a real stock on it then
>>
>>28047279
Yes because it's not semi auto, look at the dominion arms grizzly.
>>
>>28047347
I still thought that the 660mm/26 inch rule applied on non semis too.

What is the minimum length of a non semi long gun in Canada then?
>>
>>28047347
I just googled those, each one is greater than 26 inches.

What are you trying to tell me?
>>
HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THAT THING I WANT ONE

I would want .357/ .38 special. But for your case, the bigger the better I guess.
>>
>>28047397
That there some leeway by about an inch or so because some people don't know how to measure.
>>
>>28046934
Buy a full length stock for it. You can order one from Boyds, and there are a few stores in Canada who have them:

https://www.reliablegun.com/en/chiappa-armi-sport-1892-parts-stocks-full-stock-carbine-style
>>
>>28047443
I thought it just fell under that weird rule that the manufacturer made it like that.

But that doesn't make sense either, because that means I could home make my own non semi action rifle that is the size of a pistol and call it a rifle.
>>
>>28047403
A mare's leg. They've been around for a long time, but only been a factory option since the whole cowboy action shooting thing took off.
>>
>>28047443

RCMP
>Restricted firearms include:
>rifles and shotguns that can be fired when their overall length has been reduced by folding, telescoping or other means to less than 660 mm;

...your explaination is the only one that makes sense. Which means those RCMP firearm inspectors are fucking retarded mongoloids.

Like, objectively.
>>
>>28047463
Sorry that's what I meant, as long as it came from the factory, it's okay. My bad.
>>
>>28047503
Hey, they're the same guys who said my CZ858 to be prohibited while the CSA VZ58 to be ok.
>>
Canadian here who's used on in the bush extensively

They're great, but get better sights for it. Don't use a holster because they're garbage, just use a single point sling on the saddle ring. My saddle ring got torn out at the threads because they're not that strong, so I'm back on the holster now. I might cut new threads for it, but I'll probably just use an eye bolt and a nut.
>>
>>28047572
Forgot to mention, I have the Henry .22lr version, which I would NOT recommend because the magazine is fed like other henry .22s. Go for a sideloader if at all possible.
>>
>>28046960
The Mare's Leg clones are officially considered pistols and do not require a tax stamp. Most are available in .357 Magnum, .44 Magnum and .45 Colt.
>>
>>28047881
Sorry, need to read the whole thread before I post. It's considered a pistol in the U.S.
>>
>>28047089
>handguns
>canada
>difficult to obtain

More like "difficult to own," getting your restricted license is easy.
>>
>>28046934

Canadian forester fag here,

I carry the Rossi Ranch hand in .45 colt because it's lighter than a 500 with pistol grip and slugs.

it packs one fuck of a punch, especially when you load with the Hornany critical defence

http://www.hornady.com/store/45-Colt-185-GR-FTX-Critical-Defense/

I fucking love it. It's super easy to carry in a leg holster

https://www.grassburr.com/catalog/western-holsters/mares-leg-ranch-hand-holster

never had a problem with a black bear and feel safe knowing it would probably knock the shit out of a griz at close range.

>>28047572

Get a proper leg holster. Slings are bullshit and require more time for quick draw.

You're right about the sights though, mine shoots 6 inches high at 10 yards
>>
>>28048094
The sling works great for me - the gun sits a bit below my armpit, and if I pull forward on it when I'm shooting I get a pretty good cheek weld.
>>
>>28046934
For those who own the Rossi ranch hand, is flip cocking possible/easy?
>>
>>28049002

No, not loaded anyways. Save that Hollywood horseshit for the movies
>>
>>28047106
Is there any US version of this? Better yet does anyone make something like this in the US but in 10 guage? I know it is dumb and pointless but I want it for giggles.
>>
>>28049002
its possible, kinda dangerous and takes skill.
>>28051203
>no skill detected.
>>
>>28047290
Who the fuck using HP on bear instead of hard cast or solids
>>
>>28053248
>using solids on a bear
Not going to say that I like HP for it, but solids would be improper.

Only reason people use solids in africa is for brain shots on animals much larger than a bear or for breaking through the shoulder on others. Animals in africa have almost 100% of vitals behind their shoulders. A bear does not, nor is it skull as thick as a hippo or elephant.

Using a solid would just get you clean pass-throughs and you'd end up dead on anything other than a direct shot to the brain. You want the expansion.
>>
>>28049002
It has the enlarged lever loop, which on paper is to allow use when wearing gloves but we all know it's to look like the flip-cock levers of Hollywood. Despite that fact, I am to understand that the lever isn't resilient enough to actually do this safely. Apparently the ones used in the movies have specially reinforced levers.

I have one in .357/.38 and I fucking love it, and I have to say that I agree. Over and above the fact that you are pointing the gun at yourself while reducing your control over it, the lever - while not actually FLIMSY - doesn't feel like it'd take a whole lot of repeated torque that way.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.