[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hej /k/ i know this isnt /r/. but does any one here know were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: british-flag.png (35KB, 2594x1437px) Image search: [Google]
british-flag.png
35KB, 2594x1437px
Hej /k/
i know this isnt /r/.
but does any one here know were i can find a british infantry manual, which has formations and section layouts, for the modern day british army
>>
>>28029103
I'm not sure if it fits what you're looking for precisely, but The British Army Guide is a pretty good book on the UKs military.
>>
File: FIST Section.jpg (206KB, 824x1196px) Image search: [Google]
FIST Section.jpg
206KB, 824x1196px
The make-up of rifle sections within the 24-man platoon is pretty adaptable depending on their task.

You get blokes operating anywhere from 3x 8-man sections (2x 4-man fireteam), 2x 10-man rifle sections (2x 5-man fireteams) and a HQ team, or as 2x 12-man "multiples" (3x 4-man fireteams)
>>
Well, in the Danish army, we have a standart manual, that shows standart movement formations, and what the role is of each man, it also has a list of the commands used by the SL
>>
>>28029482
i was woundring if the brits had something like that, i need it because i am reforming a milsim unit in arma 3
>>
The British Army Tactical Aide Memoire, if you can find one
>>
>>28029813
turns out they're illegal to sell as they are covered by the official secrets act
so that's that
>>
that sucks, thanks for the help yo
>>
Depending on what you're looking for, ARRSE might have it on their E-nirex page.
>>
>>28029877
pretty sure that just has orders formats and the 4 pager
could be wrong
>>
>>28029877

well what im looking for atm, is stuff that can help me, find out how exactly a british inf platoon would work, and how a section would work. on papier, ive found alot of Aide memoire, now i just need formations and roles, and to some degree also loadouts, i do find it intressting that the brits dont have squad medics
>>
>>28029930
2 fireteams per section
Each fireteam has a 2 riflemen (one with UGL), an LMG gunner and a marksman.
3 sections to a platoon
A sgt. and Lt.
Plus supporting personnel such as a gun group, mortar fire controller, medic etc.

formations for attacks 2 up or 1 up, there will be an assaulting section, a suppressing section and a reserve section. The format can change at this point, you may opt to concentrate your LMGs as suppression and take more riflemen to assault for example. Platoon battle drills are:
Preparation (same as section attacks, so PAWPERSO)
Reaction to any section coming under effective enemy fire (return fire, take cover, return appropriate fire)
Assault (locate, suppress, await QBOs and attack the enemy)
Reorganise (again same as section attacks but called reorg instead of regroup)
>>
>>28030071
The Personnel support, would they be attached to the platoon leder ? or the a section
>>
>>28030106
wherever the platoon commander wants them/they can see (in the case of a mortar controller). Obviously you won't have a GPMG crew following the plt. commander around all the time either
>>
>>28030131
yea makes sense.
Thank m8, this helped a great deal.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.