[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Convince me not to buy this 5.11 bag /k/ >Yurofag /k/ommando

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: GHBUEE.jpg (106KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
GHBUEE.jpg
106KB, 800x600px
Convince me not to buy this 5.11 bag /k/

>Yurofag /k/ommando
>nogunz, obviously

Want to use it as a Get Home Bag/Urban Escape&Evasion Bag
Contents:
>Sawyer Mini Waterfilter
>Flashlight
>Chemlights
>Nitrile Gloves
>Mechanix gloves
>Lockpick set + jigglers
>4 point cabinet and watertap key
>Binoculars
>First Aid Kit, with bandages and quikclot
>Trauma shears
>Sunglasses
>Baofeng UV-5R
>Batteries
>Earplugs
>Earbuds
>Paracord
>>
>Convince me to not buy ANYTHING 5.11 related

Don't, buy a fucking vehicle instead
>>
A backpack is more useful that a purse
>>
>>27964591
Yeah I already got a nice 'n large backpack

The purse/shoulderbag kinda appeals to me.

>inb4 jack bauer manpurse

>>27964581
????
>>
>>27964550
>>Mechanix gloves
are shit that falls apart in 2-3 weeks if you actually use em
>>
>>27964619
Really....

Good to know. Do you know any other brand or type of glove that gives at least some warmth, but has still a good grip and protection of the hands?
I also never liked the large writing on the gloves.
>>
>>27964602

Overpriced manpurse equivalent to a 16 year olds first car
>>
>>27964648
You got anything of value to this thread or you going to continue acting like a salty mofo?

At least give some better arguments other than
>hurr durr manpurse

I already have a Bug Out Bag in a large 40 liter black backpack. Now I'm looking for a small bag to take with me or throw in the car when I go out of town. I want something less out of the ordinary. A lot of college students around here use messenger bags instead of backpacks.
>>
>>27964619
all gloves fall apart within 2-3 weeks you fucking fag. You do know gloves are perishables right?

You all know gloves are perishables RIGHT?
>>
>>27964703
Maybe they are
but they shouldn't be
>>
Pic of the cabinet key
A proper Bug Out Bag can't be without one
>>
>>27964619
Lol no

>>27964644
Mechanics gloves are fine I use them to shoot and to work on aircraft in the .mil
Skd pig gloves are good too but they're really just for shooting
>>
>>27964935
F
>>
File: 91VQdDdJyLL._SX522_.jpg (77KB, 522x665px) Image search: [Google]
91VQdDdJyLL._SX522_.jpg
77KB, 522x665px
>>27964550

You should look at the 5.11 push bag. Doesn't have those magazine holsters, has more pockets and won't get to much looks.
>>
Just get this, I have two for each job, use then every day, it's pretty much the same bag

http://www.lapolicegear.com/tabaoutbag.html
>>
>>27964550
The pouches do not seal enough for random items.
Its a great ar15 range carrier to hold your ear pro and Mags bit though pouches are only good for mags and it's not going to make you a good purse.
>>
>>27965088
That would be the preferred bag for me, I think.
>If only intl. shipping wasn't SIXTY fucking dollars

>>27965042
A bit too small for my liking

>>27965119
Good to know, I'll keep it in mind. I don't think it is going to be a big issue though. I'd store most of the loose items in different pouches in the bag.

A store a few towns over sells this bag. I'll check it out IRL before purchasing
>>
>>27965255

You can easily put all the stuff you listed into it. Plus your magazine pouches will draw a lot of attention to you. Stop being a faggot.
>>
>>27964703
I have a pair of mechanix that are 7 years old and still in good shape
>>
Are you actually going to use it or is it going to sit in a closet waiting for happening?

If you actually use it, it's a decent choice, messenger bags are in style and it looks decent

If it's going to sit in a closet you should just get a surplus ILBE for $30 off ebay or something
>>
>>27965279
>magazine pouches will draw a lot of attention to you
Seriously, I've thought about this and I've disregarded it as a problem. Nobody here owns guns or is around them enough to recognize those pockets as "Mag Pouches".
My only concern is theft of the items in them while I'm on the streets. pickpockets and whatnot.

I've thought about putting a /k/ patch on there for shits 'n giggles for a moment but I'm not stupid.

>You can easily put all the stuff you listed into it
Maybe I want to pack a tablet and some other stuff in there as well?

>Stop being a faggot
stoplikingwhatIdontlike.comment

>>27965296
The whole idea is that I do want to actually use it and take it with me.
I've got a BOB in the closet at home. It's a MOLLE covered Mil-tec chink bag. I did pay 30 bucks for it. It's gud.
>>
>>27965363
Problem is though I still wouldn't be able use it on a daily base, sadly.

>College fag
>Gotta take shittone of books and laptop to class in backpack
>Class is only a 10 minute bike ride from home

Still this bag would take over some of the functions of my BOB. I can make the BOB dedicated to food, shelter and water, and have the more special items in the Bail Out Bag.
>>
File: uv-82-1.jpg (315KB, 800x1272px) Image search: [Google]
uv-82-1.jpg
315KB, 800x1272px
>>27964550
A Baofeng UV82 is a bit better than the UV-5R
>>
>>27966780
nah men those ain't got replacement battery cases that take AA or AAA batteries
>>
File: 1372014493270.jpg (170KB, 750x574px) Image search: [Google]
1372014493270.jpg
170KB, 750x574px
>>27967599
>replacement battery cases that take AA or AAA batteries
checked
What radios have that shit?
>>
>>27965042
That is a bag for a fat middle aged American who wishes he was Jack Bauer
>>
File: G1080-Large.jpg (26KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
G1080-Large.jpg
26KB, 450x450px
>>27965042
Does this come with a mandatory "low profile" veteran ballcap or do you have to buy it seperately?
>>
>>27967710
Gotta Grey Man with those Merrel Moab shoes and 5.11 Tactical trousers too bro
>>
>>27967692
OK kiddie.
>>
>>27967710
Thank you for your service
>>
Get this instead.
http://www.skdtac.com/HawkePaks-Recon-Rifle-Bag-p/hkp.505.htm

Better stitching and better thought out.
>>
>>27964679
>A lot of college students around here use messenger bags instead of backpacks.
As long as some students use backpacks I'd stick with a backpack. It's significantly better for carrying stuff than a messenger bag. And you'll probably be able to find something a little less overt than that 5.11 bag that screams "I've got tactical shit in here"
>>
File: 0423_M1_detail.jpg (273KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
0423_M1_detail.jpg
273KB, 1200x1200px
Op, this post is correct, >>27969569

For one, if you have to run the backpack is far more stable than a heavy weight hung around and pulling at your neck.
You see OP, I have that bag you posted. What I keep in it:
>6 loaded mags in the pouches
>3M electronic hearing protection in the end pocket.
>Extra boxes of ammo in the other end pocket.
>Small spare ear plugs, the good kind, in the little web pouch at the base of the strap.

In the large pocket proper
>Any other mags, including pistol, that I want to take but usually at least 1 empty one for use at the range.
>A first aid kit with quick clot bandage and wrap.
>A spare cleaning kit in a little pouch.
>A knife
>A small flashlight
Occasionally if there is extra room, I might throw a Katadyn water filter and empty platypus bag in there because lol why not and it helps the bag hold it's shape.

So, I when the range bag is loaded with mags and a couple hundred rounds of ammo and a few metal bits like the knife, it's really got some weight to it. That weight is bore across the neck via that strap and even with the pad on it it isn't super comfy, it's okay.
However, it's obvious that if I had to run and move quickly with it, the weight would, well probably not be noticed under stress I guess. For long hauls or just walking around a lot with a bunch of shit, I would still get a backpack.
Consider pic related
This link is a retarded video that does a decent job explaining the pack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD76GBIyfJE
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.