[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm very Interested in CCW, currently looking at Kahr PM9's,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (93KB, 640x476px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 640x476px
I'm very Interested in CCW, currently looking at Kahr PM9's, Kimber Solo's, and Sig 938's.

Does anyone have tips/advice on these? Any recommendations?

Basically I want a quality deep concealment 9mm.

Must haves.
-9mm
-More than 6 rounds.
-Reliable

Would be very nice if,
-American made and designed
-Has night sights
-Is metal framed
-Generally regarded as high quality.

Under 1200 pls
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3888x2592px
Bonus Info

I live in South Florida, and never wear jeans/work pants. I'm always in shorts or when I'm working, a suit.

I'm already experienced with funz. This is just my first CC peice.
>>
Have you considered the Kahr MK9? I've never shot it, but if it's metal framed you want, it might be worth a look.

I and a bunch of other /k/ommandos have p938s, and if you're cool with carrying cocked and locked, it's not a bad choice. thing is tiny.
>>
>>27946863
My mom has a P938 and I like it, but my autism requires me to carry something different. And yeah the MK9 looks cool but I'm not sure about it due to the lack of reviews.
>>
I have a pm9.

Very light, easily concealed, very accurate for a compact pistol. I love the thing. Can hit card sized groupings at 50 yards with the little bastard (using the grip extension mag). Smooth trigger that has just a little play a clean break and a quick reset.

Carry everyday tucked iwb at appendix. Its just barely too large to fit in a pocket comfortably though.

Some folks seem to think the cw series is worth the reduced price

Mk series are nice too but they feel much heavier for an edc. Plus there's a price hike for all metal frame
>>
>>27947161
Thanks man, I'm loving the look of that thing.

How does it stack up to the Glock43/Shield?
>>
>>27946536
have you looked at the cz rami?
>>
>>27946536
I think I speak for everybody when I say avoid Kimber. P938 is the way to go for a baby 1911/ultimate CC piece. If your mom already has one, all the better. You can steal/swap her grips out for yours if you want, and she'll know exactly what mags to buy for your birthday

regarding Kahr? Always been curious, but they've always seemed a little overpriced considering Sig's/HK's offerings. Not even a brand queen, but I'm just not sure I'd get what I payed for.
>>
>>27947203
>>27947203
Well kahr came about as a direct competitor to glock so compared to the glock you are going to see many similarities. Trigger being the biggest difference physically with glock's safety. Kahrs triggers are heavier by a pound or two. The Glock is a bit more squared which might lead to more print but if you're carrying iwb it shouldn't matter much. Weight and operation are very similar. Kahr has a steep but highly polished feedramp, glocks is not nearly as steep. The kahrs tend to have pricey magazines but usually com with 2-3 depending in model (onle 1 if you get a cw series). Both would be good choices but I lean more toward the Kahr because the resale value tends to stay a but higher than the glock and the premium series Kahrs have an (arguably) better barrel made to match standard.

I can't make much of a fair comparison to the shield as I have had very little range time with one (~50rds). Good gun but it had a... looseness to it that I've only seen in Rugers, S&W and the like. Wasn't very accurate in my hands past 20 yards. Trigger and operation felt pretty good though and the size was right for concealment.

Just my experience though
>>
>>27947852
Holy buttfuck forgive my typos
>>
>>27946536
Kahr is one hell of a company, it may not be a gun where you can put all these lights on the bottom and other shit, but it is one of the nicest guns i have ever owned
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.