[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i have a Front Sight Post and a MBUS rear sight as my sights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Acog.jpg (161KB, 2048x1376px) Image search: [Google]
Acog.jpg
161KB, 2048x1376px
So i have a Front Sight Post and a MBUS rear sight as my sights on a home defense rifle.

This rifle is not used for anything else other than home defense.

I want to setup a fail-proof, no battery required sight for it that will allow me to use my MBUS through it in case of failure

what are you currently using for a "reflex" style sight?

Trijicon Acog is nice, but im not ready to drop $1200 on a $500 rifle that sits next to my bed most of it's life
>>
>>27937910
Fuck off back to /fa/ you insufferable faggot.
>>
I may be being daft but why do you need a reflex sight on a home defence setup?

Surely the range you may have to engage an intruder at would be good enough with the MBUS?
>>
>>27937910
An ACOG wouldn't allow you to use your irons. Their SRS would though.
>>
>>27937910
>Magnified optic
>Home defense
>used with MBUS

You are a moron
>>
I have a cheap Russian made reflex that is turned on when light enters the little sensor on the front. Less light makes it dim. It holds zero, so I think I'll just keep going with it. Really want an aimpoint or a trijicon MRO, though.
>>
>>27938038
>Doesn't want to spend 1200 dollars for an optic for a 500 rifle

Also, the SRS will be battery powered in a home defense role, as it is solar powered with AA backup.
>>
>>27937910

I have a TA01 Acog with added tridium sights on the top of it with an MBUS style rear sight back up.

I have a 20 inch AR so if I were to ever use it for home defense it would have to be a last ditch effort assuming I'm not already dead after trying to use my pistol or shotgun.

In terms of home defense though, if you're wanting to spend the money on a decent AR and an optic for it only to use it in the case of home defense, be ready for it to be taken away by the cops even if you are in the right.

You can also find an ACOG for way cheaper than even 750$ if you know where to look and know how to tell if it's a real one or a chinese knock off.
>>
>>27937910

Why not just get a battery operated sight that can run for 5 years? Even if you are dumb enough to not check the batteries in that time you can use the housing as a giant ghost ring.
>>
OP you realize aimpoints run from 5-8 years on a single battery right? unless you're afraid of an emp, a battery powered sight is superior.
1) you get to control the brightness. The solar powered/fiber optic sights like acog srs and ta(51? is it the 51?), mepro m21 fail to perform well in variable light conditions
2)its a five fucking year battery life.

also, at the distances inside of home of inside 15 meters, your front sight post is enough to point shoot.
>>
>>27937910
>Not just buying a dual illuminated RMR which will actually work with the BUIS for a fraction of the cost

With that said, how difficult is it for you to replace batteries on a schedule?
>>
>>27937910
Check out "see all sight" on Amazon. It runs around $100 takes no batteries and is a reflex. The reviews look good, Im thinking of gettng one....but I have already bought an Eotech.

The down sode os it works off of ambient light, but if you have a tac light you are gtg
>>
File: 831.jpg (67KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
831.jpg
67KB, 620x620px
>>
>>27937910
>fail-proof

Fucking Aimpoint.

>no battery required

Aimpoints need batteries. Doesn't matter because they last so fucking long it's almost like it runs on magic.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>27937910

Havingg backup irons is SOP for my agency. I run an Aimpoint T1 Micro on my personal gun and an Aimpoint Comp M4 on my SWAT gun. Aimpoint Comp M3 and Aimpoint PROs see use as well as EO Techs, Trijicon Reflexes, and Vortex Strikefire or Vortex SPARCs. If you run magnified and don't wanna have to ditch a QD optic, you'd need to try Surefire RTS or clones which would require FSP removal. Trijicon ACOGs are slow, magnified optic and are the oposite of what you want, which is a fast, non magnified optic.
>>
>>27938536

What a pretty build.
>>
File: New Note.jpg (130KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
New Note.jpg
130KB, 1024x768px
>>27938534
>Doesn't matter because they last so fucking long it's almost like it runs on magic.
meanwhile in the army
>>
>>27938574
I've deadlined a few of these.
>>
I'm a fan of the Israeli Meprolight M21 with a triangle reticle, which is a passively lit fiber optic reflex sight (no magnification), but I'm in the minority for sure on that because it's a special snowflake jew optic that costs many shekels ($500).
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.