[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>completely new rifle comes onto the market >CAN ACCEPT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 1438006368356.gif (912KB, 240x176px) Image search: [Google]
1438006368356.gif
912KB, 240x176px
>completely new rifle comes onto the market
>CAN ACCEPT X FROM THE AR15
>>
Do you want everything to use some kind of proprietary mags instead of a cheap and plentiful magazines?
>>
>>27935946
Enjoy your autism you fucking faggot
>>
>>27935946
>gold standard for modularity and ease of replacement/customization
HURR GUYS WHY ARE THEY ALL TRYING TO DO THIS
>>
File: fuckyou.gif (747KB, 300x264px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyou.gif
747KB, 300x264px
>>27935946
And what the fuck is wrong with that?
Do you have a problem with companies trying to come to market with more competitive pricing by using part that are already easy to get?
Would you rather have a special snowflake rifle that's a pain to keep spare parts around for?
Are you just some kind of hipster that hates everything AR-15 because reasons?

How are you old enough to own firearms yet don't even understand how supply effects cost?
Do you even own any guns? If so consider putting a barrel in your mouth for wasting precious 4chan data with your half baked ideas.

Yes I mad.
>>
>>27935988
>I should spend money on something that isn't an ar15
>it's basically an ar15

you're a fucking cook
>>
File: imthecook.png (345KB, 635x536px) Image search: [Google]
imthecook.png
345KB, 635x536px
>>27936003
>you're a fucking cook
>>
Handgun mags cost $35
AR mags $10

I'm fine with new rifles accepting pmags
>>
I don't mind most AR compatibility. I don't like when a company will shoehorn in AR parts just to make it compatible.

Trigger, grip, stock, all that is good. They don't really affect the inner working of the gun and there's lots of aftermarker

But the MCX took the forward assist and the dust cover, 2 of the stupidest parts of an AR. Most modern guns do not even have those two parts because they're unnecessary.
>>
>>27935976
>gold standard for modularity and ease of replacement/customization
it isn't though. just because there's a dozen different buffer tubes and a dozen different retaining plates which you can mix and match and then peen together doesn't make the rifle any more modular. those aren't modules, those are parts. in the AUG you can take out the trigger pack as a module, without having to drift out pins under spring tension. you can toollessly replace the barrel module on a whim without caring about barrel nut tension. that's modularity. the AR-15 has the most different parts, but it's not very modular.
>>
>>27936004
too many cooks in this thread
>>
>>27936033

^this t b h f a m

Saying the AR-15 is modular is like saying the 1911 is modular.
It's not modular, it just has a huge aftermarket.
>>
>>27936033
you don't know what the term "modular" means, do you?
>>
>>27936012
>the MCX took the forward assist and the dust cover
you know you don't have to use them, right?
>>
File: vickers.jpg (706KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
vickers.jpg
706KB, 2048x1536px
>>27936050
Hope it doesnt spoil the broth
>>
>>27936229
They could have excluded the pieces entirely to reduce cost and weight and shit sticking off the gun. Instead they left them for hurr durr AR compatibility.
>>
AR triggers, AR grips, AR barrels, and AR magazines are the only things I think are acceptable
Grips and barrels maybe not

But magazines and triggers are plentiful
>>
>>27936271
So basically you are complaining that you are too poor and they should remove shit to make it cheaper for you?
>>
>>27936033
>>27936051
It is somewhat modular.
The barrel nut / handguard is actually pretty good for modularity. It's easy to manufacture the fairly-simple threaded adapter that a lot of handguards use. Better than pinned, and replaceable unlike monolithic. And the old plain plastic handguards are quickly replaced
The upper/lower is modular compared to an AK, but not any more than any other upper/lower configured rifle.
A lot of newer guns are actually lacking replaceable grips. Pretty basic feature to not include.

and yeah the AUG's barrel swap is fucking sweet. That kind of swap is rarely seen outside of MGs.
>>
>>27936308
They should remove it because it's simpler, lighter, and cheaper. There's every reason NOT to have it and no reason to have it. They're useless.
>>
>>27935946
>YOU CAN CHANGE CALIBER!
>takes 30 minutes with special tools sold by us.
>>
>>27936211
you don't. a module is a self-contained subassembly which can be swapped out easily. in the AR that's the upper, lower and BCG. if you have to drift out a pin with a punch or loosen or screw that's disassembly.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.