[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't normally lurk /k/, (mostly /fit/ and /p/) but I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I don't normally lurk /k/, (mostly /fit/ and /p/) but I had an easy question that Google isn't helping me with.

I really want either a 1903 or m1 garand.

Doesn't matter the brand as long as its new (assuming somebody still makes them)

Also, which is better and what brand is best...?

>Pic related is my baby
>>
Hit up the CMP while they still have garands. Hell I don't even know if they do anymore desu.

I got a 1943 Springfield a few years back.

Do you want a bolt action or semi auto? That should make your decision easier.

Be aware of low serial numbered 1903 rifles. I got a rifle manufactured around 1912 or so, I never took it shooting due to fear of the receiver exploding so I ended up selling it. Probably would have been fine but I figured not to risky my pretty face. Still looking for a good deal on a 1903a3
>>
File: muh raifu.jpg (1MB, 1920x1078px) Image search: [Google]
muh raifu.jpg
1MB, 1920x1078px
>>27933519
I'd go with the garand. They're pretty cheap from the CMP and a ton of fun to shoot. You can get a field grade for $640 or a service grade for $740.

Pic related, best $740 I've ever spent in my life.
>>
>>27933519
CMP
you have to go through a song and dance to be able to order from them, but when you can, get 10 of the 1911 mags, and an m1 garand. the garand collector's association is one of the cheapest clubs you can join to satisfy their club requirement.
>>
>>27933519
Best you can hope for is refinishing. The machinery to make new ones is long gone.

http://www.buffaloarms.com/1903A3_Springfield_Rifles_it-1085989.aspx?CAT=9126

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/

>CMP Special (.30-06) M1 Garand. This is a completely refurbished rifle consisting of an original M1 Garand Springfield or HRA receiver, new production Criterion barrel, new production American Walnut stock and handguards, and new web sling. Receiver and most other parts are refinished USGI, but some parts may be new manufacture.
>>
>>27933675
>tfw you get a ww2 rifle mailed your door for $550

Prices have gone up it seems but the CMP is based as fuck. Hope they get those 1911s soon
>>
>>27933791
>tfw you live in california and can't have one mailed to your door
I'm going to just have it sent to a relative's house in nevada and pick it up
>>
>>27933791
I doubt it, but fuck I also hope those 1911's come.
>>
File: garandrefin1.jpg (302KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
garandrefin1.jpg
302KB, 960x540px
>>27933802
I had a miserable time getting mine shipped. Fucking FedEx sucks ass where I live because they're almost 2 hours away in a different state. I missed them twice because of work and they wouldn't take an absentee signature. Had to drive out to Maryland to pick it up. It was all worth it in the end though.
>>
>>27933519
You can buy a newish Garand from Fulton armory and some other smiths who rebuild them, but CMP is the way to go.

No new 1903s.

Go CMP as discussed.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
CMP for sure OP

Pic related is my 1943 Springfield M1 Garand I got from them
>>
>>27933519
I recommend the garand, but SimpsonLTD gets some decent 1903 deals in once in a while.

http://www.simpsonltd.com/index.php?cPath=350_351_352
>>
g-guys, stop recommending cmp, I need there to still be some garands in stock when I go to buy mine, which won't be for another month
>>
>>27933791
$740 for me but I don't care. There is nothing like coming home from work to find something like that on your doorstep.
>>
>>27933874

>CMP out of stock

No they're not. They have Field and Service grades in stock

https://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/
>>
>>27933920
reading isn't your strong suit, is it?
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 640x642px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 640x642px
>>27934486

What are you talking about
>>
Is that GI M1911A1? Or a reproduction?
>>
>>27934509
no one ever said they were out of stock.
>>
>>27934509
I think he was making a joke about them selling out if we keep recommending anons get CMP garands because he can't get one at the moment.
>>
>>27933519
>tfw when a company in the UK makes new straight pull garands in 30-06 and .308 but they're £2000
>>
>>27936039
modifying a garand to make it straight pull (so C1 cat) in france is 200€ pplus the price of a garand (700 to 1200€) but you will be shitcanned by sportshooters for neutering an history piece (and I assume you can't import a french gun inna uk because bongland wants to keep insane prices prof what it's lefto of hit's shooting community.
> sorry bong, I have exploding/niggerish thugs mudslimes in my country but I still can into centerfire rifles/handguns/silencers how the emirate's going lately?
>>
>>27933791
Does that not require an FFL?
>>
>>27937403
nope. not at all
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.