[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a M305 (m14) thats norinco stronk. I bought a cheap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: stovepiping.jpg (61KB, 800x599px) Image search: [Google]
stovepiping.jpg
61KB, 800x599px
I have a M305 (m14) thats norinco stronk.

I bought a cheap millet mount for it awhile ago, but it always seems stovepipe with it.

Would changing the springs to GI springs have any effect?

Or should I just buy a decent scope mount?

Is there any decent scope mount that I can still use the iron sights with at 100 yards or less? Dont really want to replace the iron sights but if theres nothing else then I will.

Pic somewhat related (not my gun or mount but close enough)
>>
File: m14.jpg (135KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
m14.jpg
135KB, 1024x768px
>>27932654
meant to post this too
>>
>>27932173
>I bought a cheap millet mount for it awhile ago, but it always seems stovepipe with it.

In the action or like pic related? If it's in the action, I really doubt it's the mount but it COULD be.

>Would changing the springs to GI springs have any effect?

Not enough to fix this, but the gun will likely run a little better.

>Or should I just buy a decent scope mount?

Yes

>Is there any decent scope mount that I can still use the iron sights with at 100 yards or less?

The one from Springfield Armory, Smith Enterprises, and I think Larue makes a couple.
>>
>>27932717
Yeah the brass is almost like the picture in the op,

I'll look into the mount you mentioned, m14.ca has some to but they mostly seem to be recon or they replace the iron sights
>>
>>27932173

get a scout-type mount
>>
>>27934317

Yeah? why so?

I got a 6x-24 scope currently, its the only scope I have right now other than a shitty cheap reddot for my .22 lr pistol
>>
>>27932173
get a gun that doesn't fucking suck
>>
>>27932173
in this picture the brass is caught between the op rod and the screw on the RING not even the base. You said this wasn't your pick so idk if this helps but putting the rings on the scope so that the nut is on the others side of the rifle may prevent this. All the 305's ive come across have worked great with factory parts. On another note can anyone in the thread recommend a decent scout scope under 350 bucks?
>>
Is the brass hitting something then going forward like pic related? My Sadlak got a bunch of marks in the rear from brass hitting it. If it's ejecting forward, I'd look at why...
>>
>>27934347

Because it doesn't hover over the action like that.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.