[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't the Chinese just use AK-47s in Korea? They would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: T-34_knocked_out_September_1950.jpg (337KB, 1079x642px) Image search: [Google]
T-34_knocked_out_September_1950.jpg
337KB, 1079x642px
Why didn't the Chinese just use AK-47s in Korea? They would have easily steamrolled the UN forces
>>
Because they couldn't afford that shit.
>>
File: 1413672120742.jpg (10KB, 207x200px) Image search: [Google]
1413672120742.jpg
10KB, 207x200px
>>27931400
>Small arms win wars
>>
>>27931400

They did steamroll un forces. They just didn't want to force us into using the nukes by steamrolling all the way to the south, so they stalemated the war.
>>
>>27931447

No, they started to lose again after the initial push wore off.
>>
>>27931400
>Type 56 AK
>56 as in 1956
>Korean War 1950-53
PLA didn't have SKS aka Type 56 yet either
>>
>>27931447
That's not how it went. They steamrolled UN forces initially, but were slowed down and eventually turned back. Then the UN forces, unwilling to risk further escalation with China, let the lines stagnate on the parallel, the crossing of which is why China got involved in the first place.
>>
>>27931945
Not true. China drastically overwhelmed us, we didn't even have the numbers to resist them. There were just too many.
>>
>>27934329
You don't understand the conflict if you think that's why the UN forces were initially overwhelmed. Here, I'm going to recommend you a book by the name of "The Coldest Winter". Read it, and understand.

It wasn't the numbers that was the problem exactly. The problem was that they could get those numbers up really close and start hammering formation after formation at the weak portions of the line. When a unit is too spread out, they took them apart piecemeal, and when those units retreated, they were slaughtered by Chinese who had infiltrated behind them and were lying in wait. The Chinese were thus able to push the UN forces far back south, but were turned back and pushed back to the 38th parallel.
>>
>>27934396
UN is a communist organization, no surprise they wouldn't be willing to escalate a way against a communist country.
>>
>>27934396
And, I might add, the UN forces were so spread out they were incapable of mutual support when the Chinese launched their attack. The units were FAR too spread apart, and not being careful in their positioning, due to MacArthur's insistence that they push as fast as possible. There's more reasons than just this, but that's more detail than I can be bothered with at this point.
>>
>>27934410
Just shut up, you have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>27934410
>UN is a communist organization

They are now but not in the 1950s.
>>
>>27931400
Keep in mind AK production had basically just started and getting going, it's not like the soviets would hand them their best stuff hot off the presses.
>>
>>27934983
They didn't have a problem with migs though
>>
>>27934666
No they always were
>>
>>27936840
AK was a secret weapons at that time
kind of a super weapon compare to M1 and M1 carbine
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.