[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Checked through the catalog and wanted to get your opinion on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: XDS93345B_31.jpg (1MB, 1749x1200px) Image search: [Google]
XDS93345B_31.jpg
1MB, 1749x1200px
Checked through the catalog and wanted to get your opinion on the Springfield XDs line.

Mostly new to /k/ world and all I've ever had was a 1911 converted .22 for plinking.

I had a friend who spoke highly of his XDs 45 but wanted to know what /k/ thinks.
>>
>>27904942
Girlfriend is in the process of buying one in 9mm. She loves it. It's a fun gun for the range, but not my thing. You're going to get a lot of comments about
>croatian trash
>grip zone
Don't let those comments deter you if you like it.
>>
>>27904961
coatian trash wouldn't deter me but what do you mean about the grip zone?
>>
>>27904942
>croaturd
>grip zone
>>
>>27904961
Also people talking shit about the grip safety.

I have an XDS in .45, just because it's kinda unique and I wanted it. I'll probably replace it with a 9mm Shield for daily carry sometime.
>>
>>27904979

That's because it's completely unnecessary and another possible mechanical failure. Bad design.

I'll keep my Shield, thanks.
>>
>>27904942
I have one and love it, it's what I'm carrying right now. 9 and 45 both good choices.
>>
>>27905002
Eh, to each their own.
>>
File: springfield_xdm_5_25_9mm.jpg (29KB, 640x444px) Image search: [Google]
springfield_xdm_5_25_9mm.jpg
29KB, 640x444px
>>27904961
This is what she's buying.
>>
>>27904942
Good, solid, reliable guns. Nothing outstanding that would distinguish them from other guns in their price range, but absolutely no issues with the XD I owned. Also extremely easy to disassemble. Just don't be a retard and make sure it's unloaded before you go to clean it.
>>
I guess now honestly my only choice then would be between the 45 or 9mm.

I'm leaning towards the 45 since I've fired plenty of 9mm in my youth and wouldn't mind exploring a bit more but the 9mm is cheaper. Opinions?

>>27905059
Definitely like the easy disassemble. I'm ok with admitting my lack of experience but definitely willing to learn.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/12520/Springfield+XDS+45acp+3.3%5C%22+Essential
>>
>>27905133
9mm = more firepower per magazine, cheaper, and better recoil for such a small firearm.

Some facts, my opinion is that 9mm is a better round for a small pistol.
>>
File: muh xds.jpg (271KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
muh xds.jpg
271KB, 1280x960px
>>27904972
'grip zone' is written on the grip of the XD2.0 line
people rag on it because it makes the gun look like it's intended for those with special needs

I've only fired mine a few times, but it's alright
it being a compact, there are grip extensions for your mags if you want to get all your fingers on it
so there's that as an issue if you're use to shooting full size

>>27905002
if you're worried about mechanical failure when using a firearm why don't you just stick with a knife, vamp?
>>
>>27905133
I own the .45. I'd recommend the 9mm.
>>
File: 20151109_193046-1.jpg (4MB, 2573x1943px) Image search: [Google]
20151109_193046-1.jpg
4MB, 2573x1943px
>>27904942
This is my XDs9mm in a Harwell Clip and go holster

I like my XDs, people who complain about the grip safety never shot one and only assume it would be a problem. I never once had a problem with it.

Trigger is ok but not the best but it gets the job done.

Croatian Trash? Atleast its not slav shit
>>
>>27904942
REVVIN' UP YOUR XD
LISTEN TO ITS HOWLIN' SLIDE
PLASTIC UNDER TENSION
BEGGIN' YOU TO TOUCH AND GO

HIGHWAY TO THE GRIP ZONE
GRAB ONTO THE GRIP ZONE

HEADIN' TO THE RANGE
TESTIN' OUT HER RELIABILITY TONIGHT
SHE GOT YOU TURNIN' OFF THE SAFETY
AND SHOVIN' INTO FIRING MODE

HIGHWAY TO THE GRIP ZONE
SHE'LL TAKE YOU RIGHT INTO THE GRIP ZONE
>>
File: 1440335280376.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1440335280376.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>27905259
>>
>>27905133
Yeah, the disassemble is about as easy as any gun could possibly be. That said, it came from glock lol. Also, should mention that while the stock sights are pretty nice on XD's, the trigger kind of sucks. But that goes for pretty much every polymer in that price range.
>>
Last question. Major difference between the 3.3" and 4"?
>>
>>27905427
about 0.7"
>>
>>27905427
Ease of carry and recoil (especially in .45).
>>
>>27905159
This.
Im die hard 45 guy.
But not through a short barrel.

Youll get better magazine capacity, and since the 9mm has a higher chamber pressure youll get better velocity through a short barrel.
>>
>>27904942
I like Springfield Armory so I have a bias. Honestly though if you're looking for a CC I'd recommend the XDM over the XDS. I've shot both and I just like the feel/recoil better on the XDM. I carry the 4.5 in one though so depending on what kind of holster you want and your own height/frame the XDS may be more your speed.

You'll get hate from some people over it being modeled after the Croatian HS 2000. I.e. Balkan trash, but I've put well over 1000 rounds through mine and it works like a champ.
>>
>>27904942

They're not bad. I got a new subcompact 9 the other day, and was looking at the XDs. I was turned off by the grip safety and the high bore axis. I wound up going with the SR9c but there's not much of a difference between those two, or the G26 and the M&P9c
>>
>>27904942

I fucking love the HAPPY PISTOL!
>>
>>27905518
You know I actually like a grip safety on my pistols. But maybe I'm just weird
>>
File: IMG_9386.jpg (233KB, 558x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9386.jpg
233KB, 558x600px
I carry my XDs everywhere I go. Love the gun. Trigger has a nasty little break to it compared to my Glock 26, but still enjoy the gun for CC.

I stippled my grips on mine, which is barely evident on the photos
>>
>>27905626

That's how I am with manual safeties. Whatever makes you more comfortable with it.
>>
>>27905188
Honestly the 45 is pretty sweet, and the recoil isn't that much of an issue. I have the 45 and my friend got the 9 (on my recommendation) they are both excellent guns and either caliber is a good choice.
>>
9mm for the cost of shooting
>>
>>27905030
I had an XDm.
Then I learned and got an M&P.
After that I wised up and got a Glock.
Skip to the top of the class and have her check into a G19.
>>
>>27906871
>Skip to the top of the class and have her check into a P320c.

Fixed.
>>
>>27906647
Its not just that though.

The pistol in question would perform better fireing a 9mm. Nuff said.

But the only saving grace for 9mm is how it handles, its a small round, small recoil, small space is large magazine.

BUT, large round is stronk. Force a dinner plate through a person at 40,000psi and a saucer through a person at 40,000psi, what hole do you think is gonna be bigger?

However, the recoil at that point us going to be a significant factor. Where follow up shots become relevant.
>>
>>27906919
Small barrel needs a higher velocity round.

Just so happens that the smaller round in question is capable of mimicking a certain larger round. With better penetration in a smaller package.
>>
>>27906955
But said larger round at higher velocities would break your wrist and cost you an arm and a leg.

Even though said round would cause substantially more damage.
>>
>>27906970
Its a wet dream, but not practical.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with 9mm. Especially through a short barrel.
>>
>>27905002
Because there's always this autist.

>That's because it's completely unnecessary and another possible mechanical failure. Bad design.

And the trigger safety on the Glock isn't? In order to not trigger the grip safety, you'd have to hold the grip so low that it's doubtful you could actuate the trigger.
>>
>>27906970
I own the 45 version and the recoil is way less than you all seem to think it is. You should probably try shooting the gun before you state your opinion on it's recoil.
>>
>>27907334
Im talking about somthing in .45 in a much higher velocity.

Not .45

If you break a wrist fireing.45acp then you have no business fireing guns.
>>
>>27907334
Substantialy more damage than 9mm.
>.45 acp
Stop, just stop, lol.
>>
I have an XDs .45. I love it. I've never had a problem with the grip safety, it goes bang every time I pull the trigger during draw drills. I picked .45 because I liked the way the recoil of that round felt through that system better than I liked 9mm. I'm not caliber loyal though, my next acquisition will be a p07 in 9mm. Overall I definitely recommend it as a carry piece, in your preferred cartridge.
>>
>>27904942
GRIP ZONE
R
I
P

Z
O
N
E
>>
Get a Glock or Steyr M9A1.

The Steyr is better and definitely cooler, but the Glock has more available parts.

That's all you need to know about polymer pistols in most calibers.
>>
>>27904942
funny you ask this i just raded my XDs for a walther pps... its far better IMO..and if you look at forums and shit alot of ppl feel the same..the XDs is good PPS is better...9mm tho.. just giving my 2 cents on my experience
>>
>>27905259
>>27905264

this just made me lmfao... well played bravo
>>
>>27905200
>>27905168
Grip zone vs. Squishy Squishy vs. Glocknade. Who loses?
>>
>>27905493
Any substantive difference between XDM and the XDS?
>>
>>27906871
>>27906890
No. I'll let her purchase what she likes and is comfortable with, especially given that she has fired the models you've suggested.
>>
>>27907078
I said "another", meaning a 2nd level of passive safety. Why 2 levels? That's silly. Even teh first is more than necessary, as the placement of my trigger finger is all the safety I require.

But that grip safety is a laiability. It has a record of malfunctioning. This isn't speculation, it happened.
>>
>>27907334

The XD line is known for having snappier recoil than it's alternatives. This isn't somebody's opinion, this is fact. Youtube it. There are PLENTY of videos where people shoot Glock, M&P, and Croaturds back to back and compare them. I've done it myself and had the same thoughts across the board.

Stop being autistic.
>>
>>27904942
My experience with xds 45 (3.3):
>limpwristers need not apply
>doesn't go back fully into battery if nudged
>trigger blade safety broke (sent back to SA)
>recall (sent back to SA again)
>short/tight throat -- requires shorter COAL than any other 45ACP i've had. Had to make special snowflake reloads since my usual reloads that work in any other 45acp I own won't chamber
>made in croatia
>no grip zone
>MASSIVE nubbies on the grip
>talon grips (rubberized) make it much nicer
>>
>>27908654
forgot to add
>chews up the recoil guide rod's head. SA considers it "normal"
>>
>>27904942
I own the 9mm XDs, I like it. it's got everything I wanted in a carry. The only thing is it's a bit too small so my aim isn't as good at longer ranges. Not worried though since for a carry I shouldn't need to be hitting shit at 100 meters anyways, that's what my larger XD is for.
The trigger is nice, just make sure if you decide to get one that you make sure it isn't one of the recalled ones, they had to get sent back (mine was one) to get the grip safety fixed because it would bump fire from time to time (not a good thing when you only have 7 rounds if you ask me)

also, not sure if you fucktards read but he/she said "XDs" the "grip zone" is an XD version 2 thing. they're two different animals.
>>
Heard you can't buy parts.have to send in to the factory for repairs.
>>
File: winning.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
winning.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>27904942
I owned one these but gave it away to a friend. I don't really have anything negative to say about it after I had it sent in from that recall. You can find info on the recall just researching the gun. It was a pretty bad issue that could cause the gun to fire when cycling. Really dangerous shit.
It shot pretty damn good for a 45 in that size and weight. If all you have shot is .22 though you may be in for an unpleasant surprise with this gun.
Honestly though, if you are looking for polymer funs. I would look at Glock or S&W. If not looking for strictly polymer why not try a 1911? You are familiar with it already.
Also for all new shooters I recommend rifles. They are easier to handle in terms of recoil and trigger control so you can get shooting with out getting discouraged by having a rough time of it with pistols.
>>
>>27911897
hey at least they gave me a free 9 round magazine and a new case for mine when i sent it in for their recall. but yeah I too wasn't gonna fuck around with it after hearing the reason for the recall.
>>
>>27905701
stippling looks good friend, I might have to do that to mine.
>>
>>27905701
the trigger on mine was awesome til I sent it in for the recall, now I guess I need to just put rounds through it to get it back to where it was at.
>>
>>27905427
longer barrel = smoother recoil but obviously harder to hide. (thats what she said)
>>
File: Z.jpg (56KB, 551x380px) Image search: [Google]
Z.jpg
56KB, 551x380px
>>27905259
>SHE GOT YOU TURNIN' OFF THE SAFETY
>>
I have the bigger one, and have shot an XDs

I enjoy using both of them, XD9 is my bedside gun
>>
>>27913758
>XD9 is my bedside gun
same here
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.