[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Junko's ability is to "purify" things. But purity

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Junko.(Touhou).full.1912629.jpg (735KB, 900x1271px) Image search: [Google]
Junko.(Touhou).full.1912629.jpg
735KB, 900x1271px
Junko's ability is to "purify" things.

But purity in this sense doesn't mean any moral or divine superiority, but rather the distillation of things into their most essential nature.

I'm not sure I understand this.

Is she able to purify things into their most ideal and fullest state, like the Platonic theory of forms?
>>
>>17520834
Think of it as refining.
Raw diamond > refining > The diamond you see in [those shitty] stores.

Or like this.
You take something, take what it's good at, and make it better, removing its flaws, making it perfect, or "pure".
>>
I see it as her being able to remove all "wabi-sabi", imperfections from an object. So for instance, she could return old or broken items into the perfect form in which they were intended to be made, or return a collector's item. In regards to people, we know she can turn an imperfect, unsure and complicated human, youkai or fairy into a spirit that perfectly embodies their "reason for existence"
>>
>>17520834
>>17520862
Is "purity" and "perfection" not subjective?

Gods are usually depicted as having personalities in pretty much every culture, so it stands to reason that she merely changes the state of a thing into her personal ideal and even that may be subjective.

She is a god, not an act of nature.
>>
>>17520998
>Gods are usually depicted as having personalities in pretty much every culture, so it stands to reason that she merely changes the state of a thing into her personal ideal and even that may be subjective.

I doubt it has to be her ideal. She can probably make someone who's angry into a being of pure anger, someone who is sad into a being of pure sadness.

>Is "purity" and "perfection" not subjective?
I don't think so in this sense. "Pure energy", "pure water", "perfectly spherical" aren't really subjective.
>>
>>17520998
>subjective
No. Not to me atleast.
Nothing else really matters. Junko may as well be able to purify anything she chooses.
>>
Junko is my girlfriend.
>>
>>17521028
>I don't think so in this sense. "Pure energy", "pure water", "perfectly spherical" aren't really subjective.

Even those are arguably subjective. What difference does it make if in the scope of the universe if some water is -pure- H2O? Purity is a human measurement. Without humans, there's no purity.

>I doubt it has to be her ideal. She can probably make someone who's angry into a being of pure anger, someone who is sad into a being of pure sadness.

Even there you're citing human emotion. Most of which is subjective beyond primal, human emotion.

The qualia of your sadness may not be the qualia of mine, because in the end sadness is just your body's way of internal management.

Junko is my mom!
>>
>>17521063
Emotion is not subjective.
>>
>>17521102
Most of the emotions people experience are personally and culturally subjective.
>>
>>17521138
>Emotions are culturally subjective
That is the actual current dumbest thing I have ever heard.
>>
>>17521442
There are multiple anthropological accounts and psychological studies of cultures describing emotions that have to context in other cultures. As well as cultures who don't experience certain emotions.

A lot of it stems from how individualistic or collectivist a culture is.

Welcome to modern psychology, anon.
>>
>>17521476
Emotions not exiting in certain cultures/people =/= emotions being subjective. Some autist's inability to inexperience anger doesn't mean that what being angry means is subjective.

>psychology
No wonder it's such bullshit.
>>
>>17521532
*inability to experience
>>
>>17521532
>Emotions not exiting in certain cultures/people =/= emotions being subjective. Some autist's inability to inexperience anger doesn't mean that what being angry means is subjective.

That's exactly what it means. Word for word. You just described subjectivity.

>No wonder it's such bullshit.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>17521548
Take your psuedoscience back to >>>/sci/
>>
>>17521565
It's not my fault that your own logic defended my point and you attempted to discredit an entire science because it doesn't fit your world view.

Junko must have turned you into the pure form of a man of logic and reason!
>>
"I touched on it a little in Curiosities of Lotus Asia, but if I have to say it then it would be the power of the gods. A pure power from before things had names. When you give a name to something, its godly nature disappears. But she held onto that pure aspect all this time, and she can bestow it upon other things. It's a power that's almost like giving birth to a god. "
>>
>>17520834
Think of chocolate. The chocolate most people eat is chocolate PLUS. It's made to be sweet and delicious. Junko could make it pure chocolate, which is bitter and awful.
>>
so pure
>>
http://dec.2chan.net/55/res/9268010.htm

You're famous anon!
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.