[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /jp/ I am making this thread because I've been watching

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: gamecenter_cx_takeshis_castle.jpg (33KB, 640x307px) Image search: [Google]
gamecenter_cx_takeshis_castle.jpg
33KB, 640x307px
Hello /jp/ I am making this thread because I've been watching a ton of Game Center CX episodes, mostly the ones where Arino plays games I played on my childhood, it's been a ride through memory lane really, I've enjoyed it a lot and it even made me download some roms to revisit old time gems, anyway I'm not here to talk about vidya, this show has such charm that I'm now interested in watching more Japanese variety tv, but other than this and Takeshi's Castle (which I watch as MXC) I have no clue. can you guys help me out an recommend me some stuff to check out?
Thanks!
>>
>>17502218
Probably you should mention if you watch it subbed or not, because that would limit the choices.
>>
>>17502760
Pretend he said he speaks Japanese.

I have been watching the stuff Abema puts on Youtube and it's not particularly entertaining.
There are a few accounts that upload interesting shit, but they are rare to come by and tend to disappear into thin air. Like もうやん東京 a few months ago.
I don't remember ever seeing variety TV on TT, so it's probably not shared through torrents. Perfect Dark?
>>
>>17504359
It's uploaded on foreign streaming websites so it doesn't get deleted.
>>
>>17502218
You have to understand that most of Japanese variety shows are centered around celebrities like 90% of Japanese TV is. Every damn commercial features a celebrity of some sort. Every music artist, actor, TV announcer, comedian is idolized. People watch shows depending on who is in it instead of what it's about. If you're not into that, you'll have to look for unusual gems like Game Center CX, but then again, Arino is part of a comedy duo and is pretty much a celebrity himself.

If you however embrace the way it works and even have a few celebrities you like yourself, then there'll be tons of shows you'll like. It's usually the guests who make or break the shows, be it a talk show or a quiz show. As soon as a new drama season begins or a new movie is coming out, the actors make all kinds of guest appearances and you'll get to learn a lot of shows by simply following them. Same thing with music artists. If you're into comedy celebrities like Arino, you've lucked out because they're pretty much everywhere. Japan loves their comedians. Almost every famous comedian hosts a couple of shows.
>>
Check out Tokyo Encounter for another comedy show based around games
>>
Try Yoiko playing Minecraft

https://youtu.be/Rs2ORs1lNqY

They also do real life Minecraft-ish survival challenges annually. Search "よゐこの無人島0円生活".
>>
>>17508704
Oh, hey, about that. I'm translating the first episode right now. Anyone care to help me with editing the video and shit? I might be better off asking /v/ or /vr/, but you just mentioned it, so might as well ask here.
>>
>>17508710
The GCCX threads would be a safe bet, isn't there some autist in them who would suck dick for some scripts? I doubt you'll find anyone here dumb enough to do that stuff.

It's a pretty dull series, honestly. See if you can get a hold of any of the old episodes of Ougon Densetsu where Arino and Hamaguchi went to actual uninhabited islands and tried to survive. Hamaguchi has a bunch of solo things but I think Arino went too once or twice.
>>
>>17508704
I saw those in the show guide. It says the last two Minecraft episodes are this week and next. It seems fun from what I've seen. The coaster was pretty cool.

https://pastebin.com/u/GCCXGeneral
>>
I'd recommend Gaki. Like you I started out with GCCX and Takeshi's Castle and moved on to that after and really enjoyed it. It's very funny.

I haven't encountered something that's as nice, nostalgic, and charming as GCCX yet if you're specifically looking for stuff like that, but I'm sure there are programs like that out there.
>>
>>17508978
>isn't there some autist in them who would suck dick for some scripts?
Avoid him, unless you want to deal with him throwing fits over every little thing and trying to steal your scripts if you try to back out of working with him. He's been harassing some translator for like four years straight because the translator stopped putting up with his bullshit.
>>
>>17508978
>The GCCX threads would be a safe bet
I hope you don't mean the thread at Something Awful because I can't find any GCCX threads on 4chan. And I'm not paying a cent to that shithole.

>It's a pretty dull series
I beg to disagree. It's extremely entertaining and I'm not even a fan of Minecraft or Yoiko. It even broke the 1 million views barrier on Niconico which is pretty impressive for a video on Niconico. People are loving it.
>>
>>17509742
/vr/, man. And obviously it's getting some traction, it's Arino playing the biggest game of the last decade. I just don't find it that interesting, I had more fun watching them get nostalgic over 80s onyanko club records on よゐこらぼ.

Minecraft as a Let's Play is as dull as dishwater, even when you cut out all the chaff.
>>
File: 1466793530962.jpg (46KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
1466793530962.jpg
46KB, 500x361px
>>17506229
>Tokyo Encounter
We will never get episode 44 translated right? Serves me right for being an EOP.
>>
>>17509742
>I can't find any GCCX threads on 4chan

Isn't there one on /v/ like every second day?
>>
>>17509742
Check >>>/vr/
>>
>>17509940
>>17510718
>>17510923
Okay, thanks, guys. There's no thread about GCCX on there right now, but I'll wait a few days and if there's still no thread, I'll start one by the time I've finished translating the first episode.
>>
>>17510946
I wouldn't ask /vr/. The encoder >>17509061 is talking about never leaves those threads. He'd use you just to get back at his imaginary enemies. He'll insist on calling your group "/vr/ is 4 fagz" or "(some random guy who once insulted him) sux ballz" or something. I'm being totally serious. You can dig up his tantrums in the archives.
>>
>>17511012
Thanks for the warning. I won't use a group name or demand any credits. I'll just sub the videos and upload them somewhere. The only thing I don't know yet is how to spread the videos so people actually get to watch them. Jewtube is probably not an option anymore.
>>
>>17511034
A year or two ago, we might have suggested you just upload the subtitle files and let people rip the videos off youtube and play them with the subs, but that crazy encoder would probably steal your subs and upload them with the ripped videos and take credit for them with a troll name.

That almost happened last year when someone released a badly translated sub file for one of the Pokemon episodes. I think the only thing that stopped the encoder was someone telling him how bad the translation was. The encoder knows zero Japanese even after years of handling videos and crowing about how smart and skilled he is.
>>
>>17502218
>mostly the ones where Arino plays games I played on my childhood
But OP, the best episode is the Tokimeki Memorial episode. Unless you've seen that one already.
>>
>>17511244
It really is.

Winning Shiori's heart on the first try is a miracle by itself. Arino's dating tips add even more flavors.
>>
>>17509940
It's more about interactions between Arino and Hamaguchi than the game itself.
>>
File: hamaguchi.jpg (31KB, 386x600px) Image search: [Google]
hamaguchi.jpg
31KB, 386x600px
>>17508978
>Hamaguchi has a bunch of solo things but I think Arino went too once or twice
Uninhabited islands thing is Yoiko's project. Hamaguchi though has more experience in survival projects since he can spearfish off the sea that he did in most of 1 month 10k yen challenges of Ougon Densetsu.
>>
>>17511034
>The only thing I don't know yet is how to spread the videos so people actually get to watch them

Your best bet would be uploading the finished sub on Nyaa, and getting in contact with both Gaming CX and GCCX General Pastebin guys, so that they could spread it around.
>>
>>17512090
>Hamaguchi though has more experience in survival projects since he can spearfish off the sea
Is that where とったど〜 came from?
>>
File: hamaguchi_tako.jpg (29KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
hamaguchi_tako.jpg
29KB, 450x253px
>>17513121
Yes.

While Arino has been busy doing GCCX, Hamaguchi made a name for himself catching fishes and octopuses.
>>
I'd recommend Tokyo Encounter (東京エンカウント) which is basically japanese game grumps. Also some of the older gaki stuff (ガキの使いやらへんで ごっつええ感じ)
Last I heard, the translation site for Tokyo Encounter went down, but you can find raws on Chinese streaming sites
>>
>>17518043
>Chinese streaming sites
...such as?

Most Anons probably know absolutely nothing about China, leave alone the Chinese web.
I think I got linked to one from /a/ a few years ago, but I don't remember the name.
>>
>>17518043
>>17519297
Or just google "tokyo encounter subbed" on google. First link work wonderfully.
Sometimes being in 4chan for years make me forgot to type simple words in google.
>>
>>17519297
I aimlessly went deep into the Net and found those a bunch of times. It's not that hard.
>>
>>17510718
>>17510923
>>17510946
The general has been dead foe months now since there's been no new subs. I think some people bitched that it belongs on /tv/, but I never saw the outcome of that.
>>
>>17519297
He's probably talking about Youku and Tudou.
>>
>>17518043
>>17520424
I think they reuploaded everything. The links had been down for a while.
>>
You can stream GCCX from the original files by doing a "Network Stream" in whatever media players support it, like Kodi DSplayer or VLC or anything else that does network streaming. Right click episode name and paste in player. Later episodes are up there, Season 14–19 era.

ftp://ftp.gftp.ga/GameCenter_CX/
>>
>>17508704
>>17508985
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXMX4oqyNBo

One more to go after this one.
>>
>>17525566
It's just ftp://gftp.ga/GameCenter_CX/
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.