[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are japanese artists so much better than western ones? Average

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: 55812181_p0.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
55812181_p0.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
why are japanese artists so much better than western ones? Average jap artist at his worst is only slightly worse than top western artist at his best
>>
They aren't. You just prefer the style you weeboo
>>
>>17441700
I see a lot of sameface there.
>>
show me japanese artist on the level of giger or beksinski
>>
>>17441734
Giger just drew dicks, tubes and tubedicks.
>>
>>17441753
but he did it masterly.
>>
File: 12-lolaakinmade.com_.jpg (267KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
12-lolaakinmade.com_.jpg
267KB, 1000x665px
>>17441700

You are an embarrassing weeboo, and give all of us a bad name. Please disappear.
>>
>>17441700
They aren't, you're just a retarded weeaboo. >>17441703
>>
>>17441899

God I love when dickheads like >>17441700
come here expecting consensus, and instead get righteously trashed. It's like an orgasm.
>>
>>17441734
terada and kobayashi

beksinski is an /x/ meme artist and wasn't particularly good btw
>>
File: hr_giger_newyorkcity_XXVI.jpg (272KB, 1200x580px) Image search: [Google]
hr_giger_newyorkcity_XXVI.jpg
272KB, 1200x580px
>>17442014
>beksinski is an /x/ meme artist and wasn't particularly good btw

You're so aesthetically bankrupt I'm not sure there is any salvation left for you. Enjoy your inferior, shit tier art I guess...
>>
William-Adolphe Bouguereau should be revered by lolicons everywhere
>>
>>17441700
Don't talk about artist if you don't fucking know what an artist is
Artists are actors, musicians, etc not a fucking painter you ignorant pleb
>>
Guys, OP is clearly talking about amateur artists on Pixiv, DA, Tumblr, etc.

And yes, Japanese ones are usually much better than western ones. The good western ones are eve incorporating a huge amount of Japanese influence nowadays.

Westerners still suck at backgrounds though. Rarely ever see one on the level of >>17441700
>>
>>17442375
But the question is why are they better?
>>
>>17441908
If OP is referring to modern internet artists (which he most likely is) then he isn't wrong. Western low tier artists are infinitely worse than their Japanese counterparts, and there are few high tier Western artists besides.

>>17442045
Impeccable taste, anon.
>>
>>17442375
>Guys, OP is clearly talking about amateur artists on Pixiv, DA, Tumblr, etc.
Funny how all the crossboarders got triggered immediately by OP talking shit about western fanartists.

With that being said, I don't think it's fair to simply ignore all the bad artists from Japan that easily drag down the quality of the decent ones. The average Japanese artist is really not that big of a deal but it's, at least, better than your average Western artist.
>>
>>17442463
I think its just Japanese culture to try for perfection in everything you do.
>>
>>17442485
>>17442533
This isn't even true: pixiv art hits the same scribble on lined paper lows as dA does, actual paid western artists hit equal or greater highs than paid pixiv artists, and the bang average is down to style preference, which is disappearing due to global aping of the anime/game CG style.

Compare a no name ecchi artist on pivix and tumblr; not only will they most likely be of similar quality, they are more and more likely to work on the same platform. There's nothing special in being a Japanese artist anymore.
>>
>>17442463
Because the Western artistic tradition is dead and Western 'art' has been degenerating for the past 150 years.
>>
>>17441773
But did he draw cute anime girls?

I think not.
>>
I think it has something to do with western internet fanbases being filled with autistic 14 year olds, and everybody else being too embarassed to even try.
>>
File: 1493428306616.png (2MB, 953x1431px) Image search: [Google]
1493428306616.png
2MB, 953x1431px
The best Japanese art, or any art for that matter, will always be that which comes back to the Old Masters. While one can simply study on routine the fundamentals of art (values, construction, gesture, anatomy, etc.) I believe it is important to go beyond - to actually understand the inner mechanics of said principles. The "how's" and "why's," say, cast shadows will fade or sharpen or which muscles connect together and wrap around when striking a particular pose.
>>
>>17442747
You should write an art book.
>>
Art academies and drawing courses not taken over by retarded liberals who think that "HURR beauty is subjective, anything is art" like in the West.
>>
File: moebius_23.jpg (364KB, 1178x789px) Image search: [Google]
moebius_23.jpg
364KB, 1178x789px
>>17441700
First, talking about Japanese vs Western is completely stupid. Just compare a French comic with an American one to feel the difference.
Second, there are bad Japanese artists and excellent western ones. You are just
too weaboo to get into the western art, so you don't know shit about it.
Third, Japanese art and Western art inspired each other really hard. Just learn about Arzak and Nausicaa, which is a perfect example of the cross inspiration of two masters I don't have to name.

So now get out of /jp/ until you learn about art.

>>17442747
Words of wisdom.

>>17442375
Remember that there are more Japanese amateurs.
>>
File: sidebyside.png (880KB, 1224x720px) Image search: [Google]
sidebyside.png
880KB, 1224x720px
>>17442790
>>17442877
I'd like to write an art book, but preferably start a private art e-college instead. Here's a side-by-side of my interpretation of a character in an angle that I particularly fell in love with. Drawings like this typically take a lot of sculpting and defining, but even then one will notice things like the hair needing to be poof-ier or the eyes needed that little bit more detail to match the feel of the original - which is a very hard thing to do when manga itself is its own complicated subject.
>>
>>17441700
I just love and praise Japan's art
They have higher morals and ideals, so off ourse their works are going to reflect that society.
Open spirituality helps too

damm i just love them that much. A beautiful and gorgeous work doesn't surprise at all, because that's how I expect them to be, ever since I was kid thinking about the many wonderful themes andmessages presented on the many games, series, movies, etc
>>
>>17442747
I never did consciously appreciate the fine details of Murata's faces. Thanks for bringing my attention to it.
>>
>>17442747
Imagine being such a good artist that you look at the top image and think "man, that looks like shit, I gotta fix it for the tankoubon"
>>
>>17443206
I think anyone who cares about their drawing would redo it when given an oppurtunity like that. Especially if they're better than before

>>17443126
I'm not sure if this is a joke or not but the artist has already done all the conveying and explaining of his character so just what are you on, lad?
Not to mention your drawing isn't pretty or cute
>>
>>17443126
lower the nose, and increase the angle of it.
Otherwise the character will just kind of look old.
The crease above the upper lip doesn't actually have a shadow normally.
To show it's there use the noses shadow, or use highlights.
Also I don't understand why you darken the nose.
The iris-sizes aren't the same.
Apart from that there are some things I would probably change, but they aren't important.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.