[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long do we have until ZUN decides it's time to move

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

How long do we have until ZUN decides it's time to move onto other things? I really doubt he's just going to keep putting out 2hu material his entire life
>>
>>17435275
ZUN's been doing Touhou for 20 years, and I think he'll do it for 20 more years. He's said that even though he cares about the fanbase, he'd still make Touhou even if there was no fanbase, because he doesn't know how to do anything else. I can't see him stopping before retirement unless he dies before then (which seems unlikely).
>>
>>17435297
>which seems unlikely

He's a borderline-alcoholic, if not full-blown. Unless he has amazing genes I would be surprised if he didn't die before retirement.
>>
>>17435355
Do we really have any idea how much ZUN drinks? And he can apparently still work and take care of his family, so I doubt he's actually an alcoholic.
>>
>>17435355
I think ZUN being alcoholic is a meme. He probably likes drinking and can drink a lot, but he doesn't have the appearance of an alcoholic and he can do a lot of shit done by himself, so he probably isn't a full-blown alcoholic.
>>
>>17435391
>he can apparently still work and take care of his family
That's because his job is making alcohol and selling the leftovers he doesn't doesn't consume.
>>
>>17435275
Touhou is literally his life's work. He doesn't want to do anything else. He might eventually stop making STGs, but that's clearly not the same thing.

>>17435617
It's basically this. He embraces it a bit though; last Nikenme he had a quip that it's not that he's become resistant to alcohol, it's that alcohol has become integrated into him and it is no longer a foreign substance. Wine currently isn't well-integrated yet so he's drinking that now.
>>
>>17435275
I was thinking about this recently, actually. Does anyone feel that the amount of growth we have in Touhou characters cannot continue forever? Already the PC-98 characters have been pretty much forgotten to make room for newer characters in the fanbase' subconscious.
>>
>>17436574
Yeah but those girls are part of the PC-98 canon. According to ZUN they're not necessarily in the Gensokyo we know today. Most of the girls from TH6 on are still very relevant. Go ask the Mimafags what ZUN thinks of the PC98 games
>>
Hasn't he already stated Touhou is his life's work?

I can't see any reason he'd stop, other than for death.
>>
>>17435355
He's Japanese. Weaker alcohol and longer lives.
>>
>>17436574
That's not the smartest way of looking at it. PC-98 was, at a time, straight up cut from continuity. ZUN reversed a little tiny bit on it with the amount of questions he got about it, but you still see SDM and Hakugyokurou characters in the latest chapters of manga, Eientei and the moon can't stop being relevant, Komachi is a semi-important character in WaHH, Sanae is always around, Koishi is really goddamn popular, and next we get to 12/13 which I feel kinda starts a new story-focused direction for the series since many of the characters from 12 and beyond are quite relevant.

There's a lot of other bosses that don't really get anything at all, though, and funnily enough despite being very popular Alice hasn't been relevant in ages.
>>
>>17436574
>Already the PC-98 characters have been pretty much forgotten
The PC-98 line were games he churned out without any plan or thought in university just to make games and sold so relatively few copies that the remaining ones are worth their weight in gold. "Boohoo he forgot" is largely an overseas thought trap because emulating those games is commonplace and basically everyone getting into Touhou is introduced through piracy so you don't see how obviously clear the separation is.
>>
>>17435871
>He might eventually stop making STGs

That might be interesting. I would like to see more official Touhou games with different genres like RPGs, hack and slash, rhythm or VN. I'm kinda bored of STGs and fighting games.
>>
Stupid thread, lots of stupid replies.
>>
>>17436848
>lots of stupid replies
It's just yours though.
>>
>>17436965
Yeah, nope.
Anyone taking seriously the OP is a fool.
>>
>>17435275
ZUN will live until 105 like a proper Japanese man, and will keep making touhou long after you die or kill yourself.
>>
>>17436820
No, I mean more of only continuing the series through written works such as manga, artbooks, etc. And perhaps music. I don't see ZUN ever moving game genres.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.