[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This new fan game is out, finally. It's pretty fun, 7 p

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 12

File: thfff.png (493KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
thfff.png
493KB, 600x600px
This new fan game is out, finally. It's pretty fun, 7 playable characters and two gameplay modes.
http://www.bulletforge.org/u/gore/p/dong-fang-tian-hua-lou-touhou-tenkarou-frantically-forbidden-fruitfull-version
>>
>>17406763
Yeah, it's fun. Didn't expect to see Tenshi and Kasen.
By the way, can someone tell what tracks are mixed in the final boss theme? It's obviously Lunatic September and I can also hear some bits of Little Princess, but it feels like there's something else too.
>>
Where the fuck is Mima
>>
>>17406788
I can make out Kanako and Junko's themes, but I think that's it.
>>
>>17406825
Busy being The Shattered Sky's phantasm boss.
>>
File: 1482347673260.gif (14KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
1482347673260.gif
14KB, 416x416px
That was pretty fun, actually.
Haven't played any Bullet Hell in fucking ages so I went for the new mode hoping it'd be a crutch, managed to 1CC Normal on my first run.
Gonna have to try Legacy later once I get my shit together.
>>
2017/08/01 ver 1.00b BugFix Version
     ・ Stage 4C Fixed a bug that may fall when you use orange juice at the last spell.

- Fixed because there was a data embedding error in replay.
       In the replay of the previous version, the effect cut setting is made the same,
       There is no problem if you play from 1 side.

PatchFile(1.00a => 1.00b):https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsZNX0Vtc-HLgROn4WvsRGcFFNBA
>>
>>17406825
Next fan game for sure, I can feel it in my bones
>>
I have no idea what im doing with the jar but I enjoyed it, loads of playable character is neat
>>
File: gg gg.png (50KB, 477x336px) Image search: [Google]
gg gg.png
50KB, 477x336px
mg mg: the sequel
>>
>>17407390
I had a good fucking giggle at that bit, but overall I'm mildly disappointed that the Extra Stage is just Flandre with Clonwpiece thrown in there.
>>
>>17407438
I feel as though that was the game's main gimmick.
>>
Yuka feels really strong, her damage is just incredibly high and homing too when focused, it even will split half and half to cover multiple parts of the screen at once
>>
>>17407650
Her bomb is also very long. it has no problem taking care of both the mid-spell and spell card itself.
>>
File: no thank you.jpg (49KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
no thank you.jpg
49KB, 342x342px
I decided to give extra a shot, but then saw Clownpiece's first laser spell from LoLK.
>>
>>17407751
Lasers are cool
>>
>>17406763
So I'm enjoying this so far. Everything looks nice, and the patterns are generally alright.
Only real issue I'm having is that the game seems to be fairly poorly optimized. Running it at max settings, I noticed some slowdown when large quantities of fruit started to fill the screen. Turning off a chunk of the visual settings helped, but I still notice it from time to time, especially while graze's item slowdown is in effect. Still a fun game, and I must admit I don't have the best computer in the world, but it's still disappointing to see a game lag like that when I've never had any such issue with both ZUN games, and far better looking games in general.

Also, Yuuka is fucking busted. High damage spread while unfocused, Sakuya's homing attack from PCB while focused except it has no limit on how far it can be angled (meaning she can even hit foes behind her, which is not ok for a shot as powerful as hers), and Marisa B's Bomb from DDC in a game where autocollecting any item gives you resources. Hell, even playing as Marisa on legacy, I think I had like 5 lives by Rumia.
>>
>>17407438
Boss selection in general was pretty boring.
I actually do prefer seeing original characters over seeing the same popular characters over and over in these sorts of fan shmups.
>>
My only real complaints are the horrible optimization, and the weird inconsistency with the music styles. Yuuka's theme also sucked, really badly.
Great game otherwise.
>>
I'm not sure if the slowdown is unintentional, my computer is quite good and I got it too and the games reports no frame drops or anything of the sort on my replay and the FPS counter stayed at 60 through it

I agree it seems like its slowing down though, maybe just in some way the game cant notice or something or on purpose
>>
>>17411134
I think it could have something to do with the item drop speed slowdown from grazing confusing the game. Can't really think of any other reason for it to happen.
>>
Actually, after having done a full run of the game, my opinion of the thing dropped tremendously.
There's a serious lag issue with bullet heavy sections, which is a recurring problem in general with large projects that use danmakufu (which is to be expected, danmakufu is shit and only like two good games have ever been made using it.)
Shots are heavily imbalanced in general.
The Stage 5 and 6 bosses drag on far longer than necessary.
The difficulty curve is complete nonsense, with one pattern being intense, and the next being easy as shit.
Setting a cap at 5 lives is complete horseshit, and makes no sense considering how many lives you can rake up.
The music and bosses just feel so inconsistent in general, and Ringo being the final boss felt completely anti-climatic, especially as her patterns were easily the low point of the game. Maybe that's the joke?
And then there were several patterns that just sort of throw things at you that you really don't have any way of avoiding without prior knowledge, which is a recurring issue I've found with these types of danmakufu games
It just drops off so hard in the late game, it's crazy. I'm sure that if I hop into Extra, it'll probably be a tedious mess as well (as pretty much every Extra in every Touhou fangame is), so I'm not even sure if I'm really feeling it.
>>
>>17411776
And Extra managed to be literally just EoSD's extra but worse and also mixed with LoLK's extra for no reason.
At least it's better than TLC or MPP.
>>
>>17411134
You do get abilities that slows down bullets and enemies.
>>
File: Untitled.png (380KB, 442x429px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
380KB, 442x429px
I am really bothered by the slightly redone character images.
>>
>>17412214
Using ripped game data is verboten. The fact that they're similar is pretty whatever.
>>
Myon can graze in this game

can myon graze in IN, i dont remember it happening but i barely played ghost team
>>
>>17406763
Frantically Forbidden Fruit
What?
>>
>>17413297
its a fangame

the balance and pacing are a little weird not unlike the real thing kinda but its fun
>>
why they just dont draw normal
>>
>>17413306
Official Touhou games typically have very good pacing. Even the game that I would consider worst in that regard, UFO, generall has a sensical progression of difficulty over time.
>>
>>17413223
Myon can't graze in IN, no.
>>
>>17412593
>Using ripped game data is verboten.
Isn't that like literally everything in this game but the fruits and music?
>>
File: foil bowsers asshole plot.jpg (272KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
foil bowsers asshole plot.jpg
272KB, 1280x720px
>>17412214
Doo Doo Doo Doo Doot Doooooo Doot Doo Doo!
>Brooooiiiing HA!
> So, those new Injustice 2 character designs...
>>
>>17414532
No, actually. There's a list of attributions in 借用物一覧.txt.
>>
File: f5a.png (552KB, 850x786px) Image search: [Google]
f5a.png
552KB, 850x786px
>>17406763
Holy shit, i'm enjoying this one a lot!
Are there more fangames as good as this one?

The only game i have left is LoLK and i'm just not mentally prepared yet
>>
>>17411776
what a fag
>>
Huh, there are Last Words. Too bad the high bullet density slows it down to make it easier. Also the music doesn't sound all that great. And it doesn't unlock in the Music List?
>>
So what's the plot? Tenshi and Ringo collaborating to make the ultimate fruit dango? Ringo eating a bunch of celestial peaches and getting super fruit powers? I need to know.
>>
>EX Boss is Flandre
Ok. I'm done with Flandrefags, please let the vampire loli rest in peace.
PLEASE!
>>
>>17416225
If it makes you feel any better, I also decided to play on the new mode.
And it's pretty clear that this game was not at all designed to be played in Legacy. Not in the "oh it's too hard I'm going to shitpost about it" kind of way, but in the "it isn't actually designed properly" sort of way. Frankly, it would have been more honest just to cut Legacy all together, there's really no reason for it to be in the game.

Don't let my negativity fool you, though, this is still probably the third best Danmakufu game I've played, and there's a lot of cool stuff in it. It's just that it feels so constrained by the awful engine, and there are so many questionable design choices sprinkled throughout the game. It almost, at times, feels like it was designed by someone who doesn't really play shmups.
>>
>>17417107
Flandre is one of the most underused characters
>>
>>17417115
In canon.
She's sure as hell not underused in fangames, though. She seems to appear in every other fangame for some reason.
>>
>>17417115
>>17417126
Everything about Flandre is overrated. Her music, her game, I'm afraid Touhou became popular because of her.
Fuck you, Flandre!
>>
>>17417176
I'm sorry anon. Maybe try making your own danmaku game with what you want instead.
>>
>>17417182
Hopefully he won't make it in a shitty engine that barely works half the time, if he does decide to do so.
>>
>>17417176
Play Len'en then. It has no Flandre.
>>
>>17417182
>>17417186
FFF isn't a bad fangame. Only the EX boss.
>>
File: 1372662184746.gif (494KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1372662184746.gif
494KB, 200x200px
>>17417126
>for some reason
I don't know. Maybe because she doesn't appear in canon so people are using her in fangames. That might be the reason.
>>
>>17417256
But Mima doesn't appear often in fangames. Your theory is wrong!
>>
>>17417272
Yeah but Mima is...
>88
Oh my.
>>
>>17416091
Riverbed Soul Saver is pretty good. It's got nine shot types, nice looking original characters, amazing music, a phantasm stage that's challenging and not bullshit, and a story that isn't garbage.
>>
>>17416091
For non-STGs try the Labyrinth of Touhou series and for STGs try Book of Star Mythology.
>>
>>17417544
Shining Shooting Star is more fun.
>>
>>17417332
Mystic Power Plant was really bad, and while I enjoyed Book of Star Mythology greatly, I'm pretty sure RSS is going to fall into the MPP side because of raichu wasn't involved and wouldn't be able to save the game from ido's god awful coding and ideas in general. I mean maybe len saves it, I've never played any of his games so I don't know how good he is.
>>
>>17418599
RSS is miles ahead of MPP in everything except character design and instrument variety.
>>
>>17419414
Well, I'll give it a try then.
>>
File: ( 'ヮ' ).jpg (86KB, 777x733px) Image search: [Google]
( 'ヮ' ).jpg
86KB, 777x733px
>>17419512
Have fun!
>>
>>17417115
You don't get into Touhou much, don't you? She's only underused in official games, but fan games is the complete opposite.
>>
>>17406763
I think that link just died
>>
>>17429642
Wait nevermind I'm retarded.
http://www.bulletforge.org/u/gore/p/dong-fang-tian-hua-lou-frantically-forbidden-fruit
Download is gone because some guy shared a full scorefile I guess?
>>
But is it as good as Shinning Shooting Star?
>>
>>17430317
No
>>
>>17419512
It's really easy.
>>
>>17429659
Shrinemaiden ruins everything, as usual
>>
>>17433273
I think that guys is from /r/Touhou, the one that sared the file.
>>
>>17430317
It's not even as good as BoSM or FDF
>>
File: 1499606435591.jpg (28KB, 324x180px) Image search: [Google]
1499606435591.jpg
28KB, 324x180px
>>17406763
Can anyone here reupload it?
Pretty pls
>>
1.00e link is on the wiki unless this isn't right?
>>
>>17436275
https://mega.nz/#!s190GIDa!jNY7dnixy6SBKlk4RDvNk-m971YoSF_cCEQ3Gs1SDQk
All yours buddy. I haven't played it yet so it should be a clean copy.
>>
>>17419414
>music variety
I agree, and WanWan's composing style is too formulated. I fucking love the remix of Sariel's themes from MPP though.
>>
File: 1502101218103.png (22KB, 726x473px) Image search: [Google]
1502101218103.png
22KB, 726x473px
>>17445621
Thanks a lot anon!
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.