[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you still watch anime? I managed about 46 days watched before

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 13

File: 54252452.jpg (235KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
54252452.jpg
235KB, 800x600px
Do you still watch anime? I managed about 46 days watched before I transitioned to eroge and books. I feel I can't enjoy anything without text or gameplay anymore.
>>
I can't enjoy anything without audio or image variety anymore.

Together we make a complete individual.
>>
Anime sucks. VN or go home.
>>
There isn't much anime that I like, but if I run across something that seems interesting I'll watch it. Currently looking forward to Dies Irae adaptation.
>>
>>17287097
>Do you still watch anime?
Not really, no. I try to, but I haven't been able to watch full episodes for about 3 years. I've only finished a handful of series with 15 minute episodes at most since and I don't think I've even looked at an anime from the past 2 seasons at least.

It's really weird too, I'm able to get into episodes of older anime I happen across randomly on youtube or something, but I can't bring myself to keep up with a modern series anymore. I'm currently using nyaa's death as an excuse to not download anymore anime to fill up my hard drives, though I know there's alternatives.
>>
Yes. I don't see much difference between a mediocre visual novel and a mediocre anime in terms of writing; they are riddled with all the same problems. No amount of depth can compensate for bad writing. Though a great visual novel is generally better than a great anime. Anime is also easier to consume, and there is more choice for someone who can't into moon runes.

Both are largely inferior forms of art so any sort of visual/light novel elitism is laughable.
>>
File: 1375191988746.png (340KB, 549x724px) Image search: [Google]
1375191988746.png
340KB, 549x724px
>>17287097
>I managed about 46 days watched
How did you calculate something like this? Are OP/EDs included? What about rewatches?

I only keep up with two or three seasonal shows anymore, but I do watch and rewatch older stuff fairly often. Going through the troves of old garbage shows I have archived it's obvious that anime hasn't really gotten worse than it used to be. Most eroge and LNs are just as bad or worse but require more effort on the part of the consumer to enjoy so it feels like a hassle most of the time.

Actually everything feels like a hassle most of the time.
>>
>>17287266
>Going through the troves of old garbage shows I have archived it's obvious that anime hasn't really gotten worse than it used to be
How old is the stuff? I'm >>17287171 and the older stuff I mentioned getting drawn into makes me think anime nowadays has some serious pacing or story content issues. To the point that I've started questioning how an average 12-13 ep series, which is the length of a full trilogy of movies, can't even tell one complete and interesting story. It tends to be stuff from 90s-80s era. Also I'm not saying they aren't trash sometimes, but they're usually more interesting trash compared to that of today.
>>
tl;dr most media is trash and so are you
>>
File: mpv-shot0032.jpg (62KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0032.jpg
62KB, 720x480px
>>17287326
Most of my archived stuff is from around 2006-2012 but I also have a lot of shows from the early-mid 00s and plenty from the 80s and 90s before I got into anime. Archiving such things is a hobby of mine so I haven't watched some of it but I have definitely spent a good portion of my time idly watching vapid trash from around the turn of the millennium.

"Anime nowadays" that we have access to is almost every show that airs in Japan so you're going to get a lot more garbage than you did ten or fifteen years ago when you only even got raws of shows that were already in some demand. It's alarming to go and watch a lot of that stuff and realize how bad it really is. High-budget anime often age quite well but as today most shows didn't have that luxury back then so when you get used to the volume of decent animation that gets shat out by the industry today it gets kind of difficult to even sit through a single episode of badly-drawn characters who rarely move and constantly gesticulate like gelatin when they do. The art aside though, even when just the stuff that was popular enough to get on the internet is considered the writing isn't any better than what we have now and the dialogue and voice acting are generally worse.

Rewatching stuff I used to be interested in is disheartening when I realize how it's really not any better than similar anime airing today, and in many cases much worse. I guess when I was younger I had lower standards and less experience. I do mourn the death of the OVA as a viable medium though. A lot of the really good stuff from that period and before it were OVAs. Luckily the past twenty years has given us a huge volume of anime, so there's enough mediocre trash that looks and sounds decent for me to waste my life on.

Basically >>17287332
>>
If only there was a board to discuss anime...
>>
>>17288168
Imagine going on /a/ and creating a thread that has as its first sentence "do you still watch anime?"
Sounds stupid right...
>>
>>17288368
Imagine going on the anime board to discuss anime. It's the manga board too, so there's bound to be people who don't watch anime.
>>
File: C35XPEgVUAEUkCm.jpg (125KB, 700x933px) Image search: [Google]
C35XPEgVUAEUkCm.jpg
125KB, 700x933px
>>17288597
I don't read the manga, I only look at the funny faces the characters make.
>>
I haven't watched anime in so long.
>>
>>17287097
I have become anime.
>>
>>17289954
Destroyer of lives.
>>
As somebody has already posted, most media is trash, including of course manga. However, with manga at least you (usually) have more chapters to read than with anime.
I've tried light novels, but those need to be better than average, otherwise I feel I'm wasting my time.
It's a shame even modern books are diluting in quality. It's a phenomenom currently happening everywhere, not just in media or entertainment. But returning to the topic, it's really hard for me to find books than won't be dropped before reaching one third.
So basically, it boils down to find something than will not make me feel to kill myself for wasting my time instead of doing something productive or make me ignore that by having narration quality.
Even then, I have the stupid concept of "draining the well" and reach the point where the only sources of entertainment left are bad, so I just hoard things to read and watch, never consuming them.

Answering OP's question, a year or two.
>>
File: fun-works2.png (825KB, 694x1069px) Image search: [Google]
fun-works2.png
825KB, 694x1069px
Could there be a general on /jp/ where the users produce amateur manga, or would it just get deleted by the mods? I think indie is the way to go because corporatism has obviously stifled creativity.
>>
File: berno.png (36KB, 221x212px) Image search: [Google]
berno.png
36KB, 221x212px
I haven't watched anime in a year. I have mostly transitioned to VNs/manga. Nearly all anime nowadays are inferior adaptations of their source material. Nothing original or interesting have caught my eye.
>>
>>17291041
The last thing /jp/ needs is another general
>>
>>17291041
That's the OC thread, which is not a general.
>>
How much of a manchild do you have to be to think yourself to be "over anime" and focus on light novels, visual novels and manga instead?
>>
>>17291446
Anime is probably the lowest quality in general out of all those things but I still find it enjoyable sometimes.
>>
>>17288368
I'm a crossboarder and I didn't even notice I was on /jp/ until maybe the 5th post in this thread. No, it would be received well enough.
>>
>>17291041
If you want to make a manga, then make a manga. There's nothing worse than someone just trying to get other people to make stuff for his own amusement. Well, except more generals.
>>
miss traditional anime sometimes but its going away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAExa9P7hME
>>
>>17291446
Why don't you go back to the anime board?

No, I don't know why this thread is on /jp/
>>
I watch whatever is airing that has big titties or robots. I miss that one tripfag who would post screenshots of anime girls only to get deleted by janny and then there would be a poll at the end of the year for the best one.
>>
File: 1497630652033.jpg (973KB, 1600x1652px) Image search: [Google]
1497630652033.jpg
973KB, 1600x1652px
Where do you guys get information about new or interesting manga and VN to read?
Most websites and lists dedicated to recommending stuff are trash/for kids and teenagers.
I dont even like VNs though I read Fate and Tsukihime seeing all the fuss on 4chan long ago but felt disgusted at the quality of writing.
>>
The last anime I remember enjoying were Active Raid and Ange Vierge.
I really dislike the haremshit and self inserting aspect of otaku culture prevalent in VNs, manga, anime since for ever but what can you do, I guess Im just not that interested in japanese entertainment besides toehoe and cute girls shows.
>>
>>17293922
You shouldn't judge all VNs off a couple translated babby's first eroge.
>>
>>17291452
Most LNs and VNs are not nearly as decent as the average anime these days. You just don't ever notice the trash in those mediums whereas you can watch almost every anime that's coming out this season if you want to.
>>
I can only enjoy VNs now, but I cant stand moeges and the like so life is sort of painful
>>
I feel like the quality of shows has plummeted massively since 2006, but I can usually a few things to watch. Idol Time Pripara has been very good so far this year.

I mostly miss long anime (and cel animation, but I've accepted the death of that). Getting into a long show and following it over 50+ episodes feels really good, in comparison to watching an unfinished 13 episode LN advertisement. Moving "mature" shows into the late-night block created a pandering spiral that slowly killed them.
>>
I acquired a 11 year old TV that I can connect to my PC, so lately I have been watching 10-20 episodes a day. Before that, there was a pretty long break of only watching something every now and then. I think I have watched like 105 days.

I like anime, it is so relaxing to just sit back and watch.
>>
>>17293922
Learn JP and follow @moogy0 and his friends.
>>
>>17292067
I'm not asking "Will other people entertain me?", I'm asking "Is it allowed?"
>>
>>17296277
Because I'm considering making a series but I would like to have some kind of audience
>>
>>17294098
I often find that many of the 12 or 14 episode shows I like feel too short. I would like more episodes of them even if they were mostly filler.
>>
>>17294098
>I mostly miss long anime
I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Death Note long? Code Geass long? Cowboy Bebop long? Shin Chan long? Do you want a cohesive story and plot or just a longer run, even if the episodes can stand alone? And would this be remedied by having multiple series within the same universe, like Full Metal Panic or Dragon Ball?
>>
I only watch anime that I know will be good, or is at least well reviewed by not-dipshits. Then again, the last one I just watched on a whim turned out to be really good, so maybe that's a bad idea? Then AGAIN, there's just so much garbage nowadays...
I dunno. Sometimes.
>>
>>17291452
LN's are infinitely worse,
>>
>>17296332

Anywhere from 26 to a few hundred episodes is okay. As long as the creators have time to flesh out the world and characters without running out of ideas, depending on the kind of story it's really variable how long they need.

Short shows work for very cohesive plots with a clear purpose. Following a 50 episode show every week for a year is a difference kind of experience, where you really get invested in what you're watching. Modern stuff falls somewhere in the middle usually, and just feels like a waste.
>>
>>17296498
I see what you mean. The difference between Inuyasha, and Paranoia Agent / FLCL
>>
File: 1470114937680.jpg (2MB, 1870x2794px) Image search: [Google]
1470114937680.jpg
2MB, 1870x2794px
>>17287097
No, and I don't even want to play anime games like Nier or the countless JRPGs. I prefer video games as entertainment because it's not mere consumption, I'm actually getting an experience out of it, and what Japanese games fail to provide is an experience that deviates from the combat-focus video games worldwide are stuck on and refuse to think beyond, in addition to my needing to experience their world through some jackass main character I have no part in creating myself. Character creation is so easy to do these days and so advanced that it feels cheap not to be offered it; but then again, I might not feel that way if the industry's creativity weren't so lacking these days in making characters that I can care about, identify with, and take pride in and enjoy playing with.

All of this plus what others have said in this thread about the quality of contemporary shows seeming less than what they used to be.
>>
>>17287332
this 2bh
>>
>>17300282
Those out of place anime bother me so much
>>
>>17291399
>the OC thread, which is not a general
Guess you weren't around to remember when the "general original content/drawthread" gave up the charade and started backlinking dead threads.
>>
File: 1232.jpg (40KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1232.jpg
40KB, 512x384px
>>17287416

Taruto is still one of my favorites
>>
Unlike anime where the massive majority is translated, most VNs/Light Novels/Manga are scarcely translated, many people here learned or are learning japanese in order to read/play those obscure stuff, my point is that most people here (not all of them though) look down upon anime because they want to feel elitist about reading moonrunes, like if they were one step above everything else.

But yes, I still enjoy Anime/VNs/Manga/Games alike.
>>
>>17309982
>most people here (not all of them though) look down upon anime because they want to feel elitist about reading moonrunes

Can't they just dislike it because it's shit? At it's base, most anime are just adaptations anyway and adaptations usually lose something.
>>
>>17309982
Well you should feel elitist about reading moonrunes. You're able to experience your hobby to the utmost fullest. Even good translations still leave a lot to be desired, but that's just the nature of translating. You can play Japanese only playstation games and VNs in their unfucked uncensored forms whereas the few Japanese games that do get ported usually get fucked over in some way or even have large chunks removed like nekopara. Being an english only speaker and being interested in Japanese media is pretty shit.
>>
>>17310324
All it does it put you on a similar level as any Japanese person. It's not like you're learning ancient Greek or something.
>>
>>17310366
What would you do with ancient greek?
>>
>>17310452
Study classical literature.
>>
>>17310493
What's so good about that? I'd rather read contemporary literature.
>>
>>17310555
People like different things.
>>
>>17310592
Yeah but why would people be elitist about learning ancient greek over learning Japanese?
>>
>>17310601
The difference is that Japanese is a language currently spoken by millions of people. There's nothing "elite" about having the same language skill as any person you could pull off the street in Japan. Dead languages such as ancient Greek are no longer spoken and only understood by the comparatively few people that have studied them seriously.
>>
>>17310629
They're elite because they can experience their interests firsthand as opposed to second or third hand and in a dumbed down manner. Learning a dead language isn't elite, it's a waste of time.
>>
>>17310666
>They're elite because they can experience their interests firsthand as opposed to second or third hand and in a dumbed down manner.
And so can the millions of people that speak Japanese natively. You're not special.
>Learning a dead language isn't elite, it's a waste of time.
No point responding to this stupidity.
>>
File: 1473264193845.jpg (122KB, 581x640px) Image search: [Google]
1473264193845.jpg
122KB, 581x640px
>>17310676
Not the same guy. You're the stupid one. He's said all that needs to be said and you repeatedly ignore the point.
>>
>>17287151
but there are barely any VN in english
>>
>>17314777
learn japanese
>>
>>17314734
If you think being the wealthiest man in a ghetto makes you elite, go ahead.
>>
>>17318414
That ghetto is a self-contained community, so yes, retard, you are an elite within that community.
>>
>>17316587
dude its fucking hard. ive been studying for 2 years and I can barely read the first page of a manga... I just gave up once we had to learn stuff like making RU from MASU
>>
>>17288368
It is less stupid than you might think.
>>
>>17319585
What are you even talking about? It sounds like you "studied" in a classroom setting. Just read while looking up every word you don't know and you will passively come to understand.
>>
>>17296371
I only watch anime that I know will be bad. And I'm too patrician to read reviews.
>>
>>17287097
Yea I do, though pretty randomly. Mostly play stuff or read VN/LNs
Following Bahamut currently as I'm trying to sludge through Amayui at the same time. Though when the Eushully logic kicked in and the main heroine after our first intercourse immediately proposed that I can go fuck and satisfy random women without any worries to give her more power I'm kinda getting more incentive to blitz and finish it because god she is boring.

Mostly read なろう系 stuff as well because I have no standards or dignity and occasionally shitpost in /a/ tier 2ch threads like 'why did konosuba become so popular' and so on.

I also want to stop delaying Silverio Vendetta and read it already but I can't stop myself from shitposting And I'm pretty burned out in general.
>>
>>17287097
>I can't manage anything without gameplay
>plays vns
Eh
>>
I usually don't like watching 24 minute advertisements.
>>
>>17321324
What do they advertise? the DVDs of the advertisements?
>>
>>17326660
The whole thing is an ad for a ln/wn/manga/etc and some music. Anime is just an ad.
>>
>>17327254
Not all anime is based on something though
>>
>>17327254
Awfully expensive ad
>>
>>17327254
There's occasionally one that makes improvements on its source material.
>>
I wonder if the olympics will make anime interesting with olympic inspired anime or if it'll just be a girl targeted sports anime boom
>>
I've been filling my time with more manga and VNs than before, but I still manage to pick up at least a few seasonal series and some older ones concurrently.
>>
>>17321324
The mcdonalds advertisements are my favourite part though....
>>
File: nitori.png (53KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
nitori.png
53KB, 184x184px
>>17340194
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQx1lp46jvo

MAKKUDONARUDO
SUPONJIBOPPU
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.