[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /jp/ I've heard a lot about touhou around 4chan and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: cover.jpg (335KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
335KB, 700x700px
hey /jp/
I've heard a lot about touhou around 4chan and im interested in actually playing the games, where do you recommend i start and do you have any specific order for playing the games?
>>
start with eosd and download all the games https://nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/788435
(if there is anyone here that knows a better sources of downloading please tell me)
use shift but don't overuse it
rest comes from itself.
>>
>>17235300
alright thanks anon, are than any games that i should skip or do i just play through them all?
>>
>>17235346
You should start with the first Touhou game if you want to be hardcore like us
>>
>>17235248
Don't listen to that guy he's a faggot.
Play the first one on a PC-98 emulator. Go from 1-15 including fighting games.
You can skip 9.5, 12.5, and 14.3 they're bullshit.
Anyone who tells you not to start with one is just a faggot don't listen to them.
>>
>>17235346
Start with 6 or 7. 1 is a glorified breakout game that is nothing like the rest of the series.
>>
File: latest_guide.png (50KB, 832x1604px) Image search: [Google]
latest_guide.png
50KB, 832x1604px
Good beginner games: 4,5,6,7,10,13
To avoid as a new player: 1,2,3,9,9.5,12.5,12.8,14.3
Fighting games: 7.5,10.5,12.3,13.5,14.5

In my opinion 4 is the best beginner game but requires a proper emulator setup (too much work and confusion for some new players). After 4, I'd say 7,10,6 are among the best starter games. 8 is a bad beginner game because it will not teach you fundamentals and behaves different mechanically than other games. Do not use slowmode or change starting resources, unless you want to hit a brick wall later. Play with the default settings so you can learn how to manage your resources. You will not be able to change your settings in later games.

If you like the games after you play your first one, I suggest playing them in chronological order.
>>
>>17235300
I might put together a newer clean pack once th16 is out.
>>
>>17235506
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOUqOCRXOs
>>
>>17235822
That doesn't change anything he said. Also, that recording sounds nothing like the official master or arranged versions. It must have been recorded with one of the worst FM modules for an emulator around.
>>
File: Snip touhou.jpg (36KB, 436x295px) Image search: [Google]
Snip touhou.jpg
36KB, 436x295px
alright so im loading up touhou 6, i have the three vpatch files in my folder, no duplicates, running the game through applocale,i renamed the game's name to 東方紅魔郷 (although i think that was it's default name), and im running vpatch, yet the game gives me this when i load up
does anyone know what to do?
as far as i can read it says something about config data...
>>
>>17236510
Try using this dll:
https://www.thpatch.net/wiki/File:vpatch_th06_unicode.zip

vpatch tries to look for the game using shift_jis which I know can cause problems. That uses unicode instead as a workaround. Launch vpatch.exe with applocale and that dll and see if it works.
>>
>>17236510
Also I believe the translation for th06 that's included in that pack is Steven Mitchell's from 2005. It's extremely outdated and a very poor translation overall. I do not suggest using it. There are no other English patches for EoSD, so if you choose to use it, take everything with a grain of salt. The most recent translation that is available can be read online at the wiki.

https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Embodiment_of_Scarlet_Devil/Translation
>>
>>17236577
yeah i tried that but the same pop-up keeps appearing.
might just skip 6 and go straight to 7, thank you though
>>
>>17236770
Ask about the error here >>17169336 someone might have had the same problem.
>>
Also new to the series here. I only have a laptop. Could this game run on a toaster?
>>
>>17235370
>skipping some of the best games but playing the terrible fighters that aren't even canon

what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>17236831
Who said that?
>>
>>17236823
Yes
>>
>>17236770
Did you rename eosd.exe or th06e.exe? It should be the latter.
>>
alright so i found out that for some reason although the screen flashes white on and off constantly the japanese version is otherwise playable, guess i'll just use that one
>>
>>17239469
What operating system?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.