[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any westaboo Japanese websites or boards that I can

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: 67856786.jpg (55KB, 429x551px) Image search: [Google]
67856786.jpg
55KB, 429x551px
Are there any westaboo Japanese websites or boards that I can go to to feel special?
>>
>westaboo
Too broad. Try specific countries like England. But even then, you will never live up to their expectations because their idea of England is undoubtedly romanticised. In truth this country is shit. But maybe Japs also feel that Japan is shit, or at least those that are obsessed with another country. One look at London, and their dreams should be crushed. I look at Tokyo, and it further validates my positive opinion on Japan. The angloboo's idea of England would be based off something non-existent, the weeaboo's idea of Japan is at least somewhat realistic. Maybe that's why there are less [western country]boos, because to be one would require some serious self-deception.
>>
>>17168534
Nope, I'm American. Surely there are Ameriboos, right?

You're too hard on yourself though, England can't be that bad, right? I mean besides the authoritarian anti-loli laws, it's probably a nice place. I've never been there though. But if a Japanese Engliboo went to the countryside in England and stayed in a beautiful area and sipped tea with crumpets or some shit, I'm inclined to believe that would satisfy their Angloboo tendencies.
>>
>>17168534
Yeah, I feel like despite what negatives Japan has or the fact that it's "hurrdurr not like your anime", the idealised image of it still has some basis in reality.
Most western countries don't come close to their idealised image, if there really is one, or at least the real life negatives outweigh whatever positives there are.
Whatever __boo you are, it's completely fine to have a fascination with foreign countries, just as it is to be content with your own. Just live your life the way you want to.

>>17168562
>Ameriboos
I'm sure there are some in Japan, and they definitely exist in other Western countries.
But I think it's less common because, despite the fact that there might be some places where the "ideal" comes close to being realised, the fact is that both the UK and US have incredibly high levels of violent and street crime compared to Japan and some other European countries, which is off putting.
If they're lucky enough to have a good experience while they're there, and just so happen to find a place that completely matches what they expect, then yeah good on them, they'd probably stay whatever __boo they are. Same with weeaboos -- some people who go to Japan expecting one thing might find exactly what they were expecting and more, but others will have a bad experience for whatever reason and end up losing their obsession.
>>
>>17168534
>everyone obsessed with foreign cultures is delusional and said cultures are all shit in reality
>except the one i'm obsessed with, its saikyo!
>>
There used to be some Japanese websites that would translate 4chan threads.
>>
>>17168534
>>17168562
>>17168579
>>17168637
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome
>>
>>17168765
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome
touché
there are a lot of nice places in France, outside of Paris
>>
>>17168765
Did you even read the article? It says its severe acute anxiety caused by a huge culture shock. You can experience a huge culture shock anywhere, like when a british person goes to chile, or when a portugese person goes to japan, and so on.
It's only named after paris because it is especially common with japanese people who go to paris, but then:
>From the estimated six million yearly visitors, the number of reported cases is not significant: according to an administrator at the Japanese embassy in France, around twenty Japanese tourists a year are affected by the syndrome.[7]
It's a extreme case and happens rarely.

>>17168579
>>17168534
If you serously think that everything westaboos love about the country is completely based on fiction and falsehood and that weaboos are the only ones who rightfully go crazy because reasons to love japan are the only valid ones then you are a huge fool. That is a big double standard the view you have of this topic is very flat.
>>
>>17168808
>That is a big double standard the view you have of this topic is very flat

Prove it. Name one bad thing about Japan besides "muh no workers rights."
>>
>>17168808
It's not even a registered syndrome.
I hope you have realized that.

That was just an example of Japs reacting to idealized West.
>>
>>17168808
>If you serously think that everything westaboos love about the country is completely based on fiction and falsehood

I repeatedly never said that.
Learn to read before you get fucking asshurt.
>>
>>17168833
Every country has flaws. Are you really saying Japan is flawless? You are a weeb in the most literal sense.

Unemployment rate, too old population which causes the fall of the inter-generational contract that garuantees pensions and social security, workers have too little free time and the wages are too low, greater class devision when compared to countries such as norway, waaay more gender dicrimination, shitty old people in shitty job ranks that force you to use motherfucking fax instead ofsimple email, harsher climate and noise pollution, lots of corruption in the workplace and politics and the fact that the same political party has been in charge sine the second world war.

Japan is 25 on the where-to-life-index. Itqs not the best country in the world.
>>
>>17168881
You might not be the same person who wrote this, this goes out to them: >>17168534
>One look at London, and their dreams should be crushed. I look at Tokyo, and it further validates my positive opinion on Japan.

>their idea of England is undoubtedly romanticised.
>The angloboo's idea of England would be based off something non-existent
>>
File: Untitled.png (24KB, 449x617px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
24KB, 449x617px
>>17168882
>fall of the inter-generational contract that garuantees pensions and social security
Problem in USA too
>greater class devision when compared to countries such as norway
Still not as bad as USA
>waaay more gender dicrimination
I'm a male who gives a shit
>shitty old people in shitty job ranks
I would think this is universal
>harsher climate and noise pollution
Can't be any worse then US metropolitan areas such as New York or LA
>lots of corruption in the workplace and politics
Too vague of an argument, America is very corrupt as well, as are most other countries.

The long hours seem to be a good argument but a simple Wikipedia search says otherwise.
>>
>>17168910
This is not a comparison between the USA and Japan, this is a comparison between a perfect world and Japan. Don't go and attempt to claim these are not issues at all just by citing simliliar issues in other countries. Thats whataboutism.

Here you say: >>17168833
>Name one bad thing about Japan
And I did. This sentence of yours implies that japan is flawless, as though there is nothing bad about it. I think you are mistaken about this. I think you are now aware Japan is not perfect.
>>
>>17168882
>Unemployment rate
They've got a labour shortage, not a job shortage.

>>17168897
That's why I wrote
>If they're (Ameriboos, Britaboos, Germaboos, Westaboos in general) lucky enough to have a good experience while they're there, and just so happen to find a place that completely matches what they expect, then yeah good on them, they'd probably stay whatever __boo they are.

and

>some people who go to Japan [...] might find exactly what they were expecting [...]but others will have a bad experience

But the fact of the matter is, whatever-boo you are, you're most likely not going to settle down and live in the country you admire. Go there for extended vists or repeatedly as a tourism, yeah, but most __boos don't move to the country the idealise. And in that case, if you're a Western tourist weeaboo going to Japan you're much less likely to be disappointed than a Japanese westaboo going to Paris or London. Reasons being various QOL issues, such as visible minority groups that commit crime, filth and pollution, or just general other inconveniences.
>>
>>17168935
I think you're misunderstanding me or maybe I worded myself wrong. As an American, what I look for in a country is whether or not it's better than the place I live in. Obviously Japan's not a perfect place, few people on this board are that stupid as to think that, or so I would like to believe. The thing is, when you say something like "Japan's class division is a problem, and therefore Japan's not a great place to live," I mean sure, if you're Norwegian, then that statement holds true. As an American though, that's not a problem for me since the class division in Japan is actually smaller. And so most of these problems that you cite are non-issues for me since most of them are actually IMPROVEMENTS as far as I'm concerned.

Now, I don't even really want to fucking live in Japan even if it's an objectively better place than my current home. Problems for me include the more simple things:
1. My Japanese is garbage
2. I'll always be a stupid gaijin to them
3. you need a fucking permit to ride a god damn bicyle
4. you have to take the fucking train everywhere
5. etc.

Now you could have talked about the simple things and the obvious problems with a foreigner going to live in Japan that would crush your strawman weeb's "fantasy," that I just mentioned, but instead, you mentioned a bunch of vague universal political problems that 90% of the average joes on this planet couldn't give less of a shit about.

Yes, Japan's not perfect, but that wasn't why I was arguing with you.
>>
>>17168958
I generally agree. I'm sorry if I've confused you with another person.

>>17168910
Basically you got it, there are a lot of flaws in Japan that you also get in your home country, so Japan is not perfect.
>>
File: c07.png (504KB, 680x273px) Image search: [Google]
c07.png
504KB, 680x273px
Ameriboos exist but like Anglophiles they always have a. a romanticized ideal of the US, or at least of California, New York or Texas, and b. think most if not all of the US is like that.

They think California is all southern Californian climate and movie studios, or that Texas is all cowboys, and that this extends to a lot of the country.

It's not too uncommon to hear stories of foreigners flying into some city on the East coast and wanting to drive out to the Grand Canyon and back in a ridiculously short amount of time. They have no idea of the miles and vast emptiness that lies in the middle.

And, yeah, they hear of gun violence, but the flipside is that I think they think everyone is packing and it's like Die Hard or Dirty Harry on the streets.

American culture is also so ubiquitous that it's not hard to get your hands on American export whether it's music, movies or food. At some point the line becomes blurred.
>>
>>17168968
I disagree immensly in the statement that these universal issues don't affect the average joe. If that were the case then the really wouldn't be problems in the first place.
Anyways I think that if you want to live in Japan you should attempt it. Get into consuming a lot of Japanese and the language will then cease being foreign to you after a while. You will not be a stupid gaijin if you learn the language and integrate, you can do it.
>>
>>17168986
Nah, I mean I'm sure I could learn Japanese eventually. I've been practicing every day for the past few years and if I lived there for a little bit I could improve, but I'm still always gonna be a foreigner to them, no matter how "Japanese" I become. At least that's the impression I have. I just want to get an internship there or be a transfer student for a bit and see how it is.

And those issues, I do agree that they affect everyone, but their affects are usually so indirect in first-world countries that most people are inclined to not care about them since getting up in arms about every little corruption case in the government would be kind of a waste of time. The problem is that every little corruption issue is relatively insignificant, but when added up they become a huge issue. However, launching an attack on the sum of many small and usually unrelated problems is difficult enough that laymen (non-politicians and non-scholars) usually don't care. And if they do, it's the idiotic cock-sucking of their favorite radio host or whatever.

I could pull another four paragraphs directly out of my ass but I don't really feel like it. As long as my country is not complete garbage like Mexico or something, my immediate issues will always be larger than the larger governmental issues.

Thank you for the encouragement though, I will ganbaru
>>
>>17168562
>Surely there are Ameriboos, right?
The "people" who name their children Kevin or Justin or whatever. They are universally scum (often shiptars).
>>
>>17168786
Like Marseilles?
>>
>>17168968
>you have to take the fucking train everywhere
Man I wish we had this in the US. As much as I enjoy driving long distances and respect our DIY culture there are a lot of times where driving is just a huge hassle, especially in congested regions of urban sprawl. It would be a boon to business and tourism if we had a standardized public railway system like Japan's. Don't know if it would be worth the massive investment at this point though, with our already-extensive interstate system.
>>
>>17169108
No but here's the thing. I live in LA and I have to drive for about two hours every day, but I still am happier driving than taking public transportation and this is why: large masses of people are dangerous. I do not fucking trust the good citizens of LA to play nice all the time when forced together in a small room. Being stuck in a small room with forty angry niggers for an hour is just not worth it. It's better in Japan since the people there are more reserved, although the trains still probably blow. I like blasting anime music and taking my dick out in the car every now and then, can't do that shit in a train.
>>
File: 1494061519865.jpg (150KB, 459x700px)
1494061519865.jpg
150KB, 459x700px
>>
>>17169130
You should have your car taken away and be forced to ride the train, you dumbass.
>>
>>17168562
>Go to London
>Get stabbed by one of these great civilians
Yeah, could be worst
>>
>>17169184
You're not stabbing me any time soon, Tyrone!
>>
>>17168420
Nippon as a whole is a westaboo. Just read up on their recent history.
>>
Nobody in this thread has answered the OP's question at all.
>>
>>17169465
and neither have you!
>>
File: 1435388567999.jpg (14KB, 310x464px) Image search: [Google]
1435388567999.jpg
14KB, 310x464px
>>17169465
>ttw I will never find a website for a bunch of japanese nerds obsessed with Disney who jack it to princesses and feel superior to normal otaku
>>
>>17168882
i.e. Japan is a good country so long as you're not a european/marxist

Great!
>>
>>17169971
>Japan is a good country so long as you're japanese or white
*ftfy
>>
>>17169995
That's still great
>>
>>17168420

http://www.japan-guide.com/local/jp/?aCAT=2
>>
>>17169822
I'm almost certain those exist in blogs and old geocities, westerners not in the know would probably have a hard time finding them though.

Also, if it's Disney, the blogs would probably be female run. Japanese girls like that stuff.
>>
>>17170463
That website is actually really cute. I'd be way too fucking scared to ever use it though, talking to new people for non-business related reasons is way too hard.
>>17170483
Are you one of the Westerners who are in the know?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.