[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spent 3+ years mastering japanese, just found out I can't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 300px-LoT2_Chara_Reimu_Stand.png (134KB, 300x452px) Image search: [Google]
300px-LoT2_Chara_Reimu_Stand.png
134KB, 300x452px
Spent 3+ years mastering japanese, just found out I can't even use 2chan and talk to the natives and wash myself in japanese culture. Why?
>>
>>17168417
3 years is only enough if you have lived in Japan or actively talked Japanese in some form of Japanese environment. 3 years is not enough even for most languages. For Japanese, it should be even longer.
>>
>>17168528
I'm a pretty quick learner and used websites to skype with Japanese people looking to learn English as well as talked to people who learned it and they are surpriced at my progress.
>>
>>17168417
If you'd spent those three years on 2chan using Japanese you wouldn't have this problem.
>>
>>17168553
You will not progress unless you are using it for regular purposes at almost constant rate. Just because those people are surprised at your progress within 3 years doesn't mean that you are even remotely near fluency.
I've studied English for 6 years yet I've learned far more within 6 months of living in an English speaking country. This applied to other languages as well.
>>
>>17168566
Well I plan to move to Japan once I've competed the language tests and can start teaching English
>>
I can't even understand how 2chan is laid out well enough to get to the threads themselves. What's your issue?
>>
>>17168590
Non-Jp IP
>>
>>17168417

2chan is big, but 4chan is bigger. Notice how their threads aren't huge imagedumps and it's much slower. Moot actually had to ban the Japanese from coming here in the early years because the bandwidth use was out of control.

But 2chan limited their posters to Japanese IPs mostly because of the amount of spambots and shitposters from other countries were overwhelming the board.

So most likely you'll have to get a VPN that allows you to select which country you're appearing from and hope that it hasn't been banned because some idiot that ruined the IP.
>>
I spent 15 years masturbating to japanese cartoons and I still can't even speak the language.
>>
>>17168553
When Japanese people tell you you're good at Japanese it's a lie, fool. You can just say ありがとう at a store and they will say how good you are. I've been living here and that's how you actually get better
>>
File: 1380686574889.jpg (79KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1380686574889.jpg
79KB, 400x400px
>2chan
It's Futaba, faggot.
>>
File: 1490056736588.png (779KB, 1000x757px) Image search: [Google]
1490056736588.png
779KB, 1000x757px
>>17168417
I spent 2 years living in Japan with my aunt as the biggest fucking NEET.
I could never grasp the fucking language so I almost never left the house ;_;
>>
>>17168417
It's the same when you start using 4chan. Eventualy, you will get to knowthe history.ulture, the memes, references, andh
>>
Just use a proxy
>>
>>17168417
I'm assuming you mean 3 years of classes. Doesn't really do anything without a lot of effort outside of the classroom as well.
>>
>>17168417
Sounds like you haven't mastered it then, fuckboy. Three years would be an incredibly fast time period to master a language though considering it doesn't sound like you were living in Japan and actually immersing yourself in the language.
Keep studying faggot.
>>
You can't use 2ch prob cuz all the super secret in-joke talk. Or maybe moon is that hard. Pls tell me because I'm just finishing up katakana and am going to start kanji within a couple weeks. My goal is to be able to read Manga Time Kirara in 3-4 years.
>>
>>17173705
He's obviously talking about not being able to post because they ban foreign IPs. You'd have to be pretty new to not know that before trying to post there though.

>>17173878
You can't learn Japanese.
>>
>>17173923
Yes I can. Eat a cock fuckboi
>>
>>17173978
日本語で言いなさい
>>
>>17173996
我が魔羅を食うがよい、ファックボイめ。
>>
>>17168417
If you want to learn a language without moving to a country where you can speak it; you need to READ. Go read eroge, LN and other stuff. Taking classes doesn't actually work. Here in Canada public school students take French for 6+ years and don't learn anything.
>>
>>17178335
>Here in Canada public school students take French for 6+ years and don't learn anything.
Hello Steve Kaufmann
>>
>>17178335
True post
>>
>>17168417
you can't circumvent the IP ban?
>>
>>17182820
What are you asking?
>>
you are all a bunch of losers. You can learn Japanese IF YOU ACTUALLY TRY and aren't a total dumbass. To the people trying to demotivate others: You should really think about suicide.
>>
>>17173923
>You can't learn Japanese.
hi, loser.
>>
>>17168643
>what's a proxy?
>>
>>17209898
They're pretty thorough with blacklisting those and they die after a couple days. The best choice would be to purchase a Japanese VPN or set up your own. But then you're basically paying to shitpost on a site that really doesn't want you there anyway.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.