[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone played touhou puppet play as of recently? I know

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: 5864.png (9KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
5864.png
9KB, 240x160px
Has anyone played touhou puppet play as of recently?

I know puppet dance performance has been out for 2 years now but puppet play is way more open to customization so there has to be someone who made some decent patches for it.

I did find videos about basically a continued version of gensokyo scenario which had been abandoned in back 2009, here's where i found them https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4BULtxXJBC1tAe5ghBTrUg
>>
File: Touhoumon #121.png (99KB, 743x507px) Image search: [Google]
Touhoumon #121.png
99KB, 743x507px
>>17075908
There's a lot of versions done by different people, probably the most extensive one is world link which is Emerald with Kanto in the postgame as well as a completely new region afterwards, it's done by an indonesian though so there's really bad English in the new content.
>>
>>17075968
I know about the English ones, but all of those are very old, more likely that new Japanese patches are released. Moreover, most of the Japanese ones are done better.
>>
File: Touhoumon #111.png (152KB, 677x484px) Image search: [Google]
Touhoumon #111.png
152KB, 677x484px
>>17075989
As far as I know the last japanese one (not counting pdp) was just 1.8, whose mechanics have been imported in english versions since.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-25-17-02-04.png (279KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-25-17-02-04.png
279KB, 854x480px
>>17076005
Seriously you've only seen that one? I had seen quite a few but very long ago, this is the only one i remember.
https://youtu.be/8r2My6N6UiU
>>
File: 436373845327826343.jpg (341KB, 708x1000px) Image search: [Google]
436373845327826343.jpg
341KB, 708x1000px
>>17075968
World Link may be the biggest but it's also one of the shittiest. http://lkaexe.supersanctuary.net/nitpickzone/
Sadly the number of decent or good Touhoumon hacks are fairly low. PDP is probably the best, but it does have its own engine and the full translation is vaporware.
>>
>>17076289
Holy autism.
>>
>>17076289
world link is the same shit as all the other romhacks more or less which are mostly reskins of existing pokemon games, except it has new areas.
>>
>>17076289
Kek, i find these video game critiques with screenshots absolutely hilarious.

Anyway, that patch on OP post is actually available to download.
http://ux.getuploader.com/ningyougekihikousiki/
Do ctrl+f and type in 008, the file you wanna get is that one. Just patch it to a japanese fire red rom and you can play.
>>
File: Touhoudex_SFlandre.png (1KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
Touhoudex_SFlandre.png
1KB, 128x128px
I played Lunatic version a lot, I remember that SFlandre was the most powerfull 2hu of game and very difficult to catch, I always want to play Sazanka version but I never find the rom.
>>
>>17076933
I remember seeing a link in one of zhen's videos on that game, might try looking for it later. Otherwise you could try and contact him, but i don't know if he'll respond.
>>
>>17076933
>>17076993
Couldn't find a link but i had the actual file on an email so here you go.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6U12qPjcT-NT1Y3bmRVUXZzRDA/view?usp=drivesdk
>>
>>17078104
Thanks a lot!
>>
File: IMG_20170526_071832.png (255KB, 687x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170526_071832.png
255KB, 687x480px
>>17078359
No problem, but beware you'll have to remap murasa's ship because the challenge there is bugged. Check zhen's video to see where you have to go to fight shou and give it a walkable floor behavior.
>>
>>17075908
>tfw I got into Touhou thanks to Touhoumon Another World

This little doujin franchise has a special spot in my hearth. I'm still waiting for a patched version of 1.8 or a new 2.X with the newer 2hus (I want to catch a Doremy).
>>
>>17080327
Oh, and REMOVE THOSE FUCKING SHARDS FROM 1.8 I WANT MY EDGY REISEN GOD DAMMIT.
>>
Fucking love Touhoumon. Played it back with /jp/ when it got popular here.

First hack I played was 1.8 enhanced, then Touhoumon emerald (now purple), and various others after that. The "unnamed" hack is pretty good as well.

Have there been any more developments? Or is the scene pretty much dead? Any news on the future for puppet play?
>>
>>17080370
An extended patch of gensokyo scenario (not AW) has been released at the end of last year, hoping someone translates it without screwing up the mechanics. >>17076880
>>
>>17080411
Do people even still translate Touhoumon games? Even the expansion for Pupped Dance Performance was never translated in the end and that game was quite popular.
>>
>>17081108
Wasn't it? Though i believe it can be a bit more enjoyable in case you don't know Japanese, despite with the new gensokyo scenario seeing kanji ideograms in the texts being kinda fascinating. Though i had played pokemon vega twice, second time around with the translated text and i liked it better.
>>
>>17075968
Read this in this fucker's voice and now every post I read or even write comes out with his voice.

The last time I played a Touhoumon was years ago using my PSP.
>>
>>17081108
Do people still make touhoumon games?
>>
>>17082022
See OP link.
>>
>>17081108
From my understanding the only reason it doesn't have a translation is because the translation team were a bunch of autists from Tumblr who were too busy inciting pointless melodrama or eating each other alive to do anything.

It's a shame, because from the sounds of things 99% of the work has already been done and they're squatting on the small amount remaining.
>>
>>17082087
It is getting released though, right?
>>
>>17083375
After 2 years I've given up hope. At least 1 member of the translation team is still actively doing things though, so possibly.
>>
>>17083451
Don't get your hopes for YnK.
Sooner or later TPDP will be updated to add some newhus.

So chances are that the game will receive a new expansion later this year. Making any progress of the YnK translation a complete waste of the translators time..
>>
>>17084615
Do they not have any native speakers helping with it? Though i guess the new patch would just delay the thing a bit, not make them start over.
>>
>>17085691
>Do they not have any native speakers helping with it?
Beats me. I really don't know who is and who isn't working in the translation anymore.

>Though i guess the new patch would just delay the thing a bit, not make them start over
About that, there was another big reason of why original team working on the original translation didn't bother with the expansion. Besides >>17082087

That was because no less than a month and a half after the team released the english patch of the main game, FocasLens released YnK, And the expansion ended up reworking most of the story script and npc's.

After so much melodrama and exhaustion most of the translation team pretty much decided to fuck off.

So, with a posible big expansion on the horizon. I really doubt anyone is going to bother with YnK's translation.
>>
>>17085691
last i remember hearing they had people who could actually translate from japanese to english on board but they're always busy

its not really "99% done" but i stopped following it after nobody wanted to make up their minds on the gyokuto/reisen debacle despite the text saying "gyokuto" and them saying "we're translating, not localizing"
>>
File: Nervous-Guy.jpg (41KB, 351x450px) Image search: [Google]
Nervous-Guy.jpg
41KB, 351x450px
>>17099618
Ha, I remember that.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.