[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

エロゲスレ/Untranslated VN General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 391
Thread images: 79

File: a.jpg (250KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
250KB, 800x600px
Previous thread: >>17039845

This thread is for the discussion of untranslated Japanese visual novels.

What are you playing? What are you looking forward to? What have you finished? You know the drill.
>>
>>17067668
What VN is this?
She looks pretty cute.
>>
>>17068667
you can't fuck her.
>>
File: parfait.jpg (45KB, 256x353px) Image search: [Google]
parfait.jpg
45KB, 256x353px
What is the recommended route order for Parfait?
>>
>>17068896
uninstaller -> actually good game
>>
>>17068896
The last two should be Ema then Rikako. But those are also the only good routes and you won't miss out on anything if you skip the others.
>>
>>17068946
My autism won't let me play only some of the routes. How about this?

Rea->Yui->Asuka->Kasuri->Ema->Rikako

Or would Yui first be better?
>>
>>17068980
Like I said, the order of the other routes doesn't matter. I suppose there's some value to playing Rea and Yui back to back, but which you play first doesn't matter.
>>
Can you guys help me settle an argument.

Is watching a commentary-less auto-playthrough of a VN any different than playing it myself or am I essentially getting the same exact experience?
>>
>>17069763
In my opinion it's different. You can't pace the speed to suit your personal taste so it's not as optimal an experience. The pacing will be worse.
>>
>>17069763
>watching a commentary-less auto-playthrough
Only plebians do that.
>>
>>17069073
>but which you play first doesn't matter.
Yui's route is, by a really wide margin, better than Rea's, playeing hers before just make it look even worse than it already is.
>>
>>17069763
You're going to have to live through some faggot's choices instead of your own. Are you prepared for that experience?
>>
>>17069818

Does that really matter if you watch all routes played? You're going to get to one of those decisions eventually.
>>
What are some plotge not focused on love/relationships that still have some cute-ass romances? I don't feel like giving up one for the other, but I also don't feel like playing a pure romance/moege.
>>
>>17069815
They're both really mediocre imo
>>
>>17069855
Not necessarily. Some games have more complex choices than "pick your girl" so even in cases where you might see all the routes you could miss out on some scenes and bad ends. And just the experience itself would be different.
>>
>>17070021
Nah, Yui's is great, not as good as Rikako's but probably the second best in the game.
>>
>>17069954
あしたの雪之丞
コンチェルトノート
もしも明日が晴れならば
>>
File: SSF 2017-05-24 00-21-03-266.jpg (846KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SSF 2017-05-24 00-21-03-266.jpg
846KB, 1920x1080px
Man thank god I went with the saturn version of yu-no.

I watched the prologue of the remake after beating it and both voices and character designs were absolutely horrendous.
>>
>>17070095
>あしたの雪之丞
>cute romances
I sure love having the exact same horrible drama shit on every single route of the game, fucking Shouko.
>>
>>17069954
>plotge
Can you fags stop doing this?
I see retards typing this kind of shit in the most retarded combinations of english + romanized japanese
>sosshage
>cuckge
>incestge

Fucking hell niggers. I go to /vr/ and whenever I see retards typing this shit it's obvious he's a lurker of these threads.
>>
>>17070115
I think you need to lighten up dude. Certainly there's a point where it gets ridiculous, but a lot of the time its a pretty convenient shorthand to use for "a game which contains or focuses on X." In the instance of the guy you're replying to, everyone knew exactly what he was talking about.
>>
>>17070115
Except Japanese people use those shorthands too. Well not "cuckge" but ソーシャルゲー etc is extremely widespread. Maybe you should lurk and familiarize yourself with the culture first before going on sperg rants.
>>
>>17070115
Honestly I've always thought that it sounded/looked retarded too but I used it because I've started seeing a lot of people using it. Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue but oh well.
>>
File: 1493053269083.jpg (17KB, 542x540px) Image search: [Google]
1493053269083.jpg
17KB, 542x540px
>vndb voter gives 6 to VN you like
>his forum posts are ridden with questions regarding machine translation

can't make this shit up
where is the rope when we need it
>>
>>17070104
Why not the patched PC version?

TLWiki released a patch for the PC version that keeps the Japanese language and adds goodness from all the other versions. You can use voice patch with it too.
>>
>>17070131
"sosshage" is passable, but still cringy as fuck to read romanized, and you're a weeb piece of shit for typing shit like that.

Go full yamato or fuck off. Also the mix of Japanese and English is also retarded as shit to read, specially outside of this board and it reeks of /jp/ lurker whenever I see it.

I can see the point of "convenience" but when you niggers are going haywire with mixing eigo with nippongo that's when I have to call you out and maybe re-evaluate what the fuck you're doing.
>>
>>17070134
Something else that bothers me (unfortunately not exclusive to vndb) is people that seem to think 7-10 are the only numbers in existence. What's the point of having 10 numbers if 7 is going to be used to mean average?
>>
File: SSF 2017-05-23 22-41-28-399.jpg (544KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SSF 2017-05-23 22-41-28-399.jpg
544KB, 1920x1080px
>>17070146
No controller support and no ero so I emulated, plus I have the physical version of the game so I just went with it.

Changing discs around was a pain though
>>
>>17070161
Something you have to keep in mind is VNs can often be a huge time investment. I only have a few ratings under 5 and way more above 5 because often I either make sure I don't play shitty things in the first place, or I drop them and don't rate them.
>>
>>17070166
>controller support
Any program does this.
> and no ero
It does have though.
Objectively, it's the best version of the game.
>>
>>17070170
>Any program does this
You mean like joy2key?
I tried that once on another VN, didn't work that good. I am using it right now to bind emulator save keys tho
>It does have ero
Yeah, that's why I didn't want it. I don't like ero in my vns, which is why I usually go for console versions.
>Objectively it's the best version of the game
Yeah I may play that version if I ever get around buying the PC 9800 version of the game and watching the H scenes. Shit's expensive as fuck as of now though
>>
File: 1484982387177.gif (4MB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
1484982387177.gif
4MB, 204x204px
>>17070104
>There will never be a remaster of this game by the same company that remastered Eve/desire/doukoku soshite

Why did elf do this?
>>
>>17070189
>Yeah, that's why I didn't want it. I don't like ero in my vns, which is why I usually go for console versions.

Very gay.
>>
>>17070189
>I don't like ero in my vns
Back a couple months ago I'd totally laugh this off but after playing a couple of games, specially baldr force I wish I had played a non ero version.

Some of the sex scenes were just, fuck man what are you doing, kind of
>>
>>17070237
You should have played the non ero version for Force because you missed the game being fully voiced.
>>
>>17070242
I swear to you i'd still have gone for the version with ero regardless of voices

...I wouldn't do that now though
>>
>>17070230
Stop hitting on me /jp/, my heart belongs to /lit/, and /biz/ on rainy days/
>>
>>17070131
I don't think I've ever seen "plotge." Sometimes I see scenarioge.
>>
File: 1495613031135.png (907KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495613031135.png
907KB, 1280x720px
Lurker here. Someone posted this on DJT. How stupid is it?
>>
>>17070131
at the very least plotge was invented by someone in the "read VNs to learn japanese" community, japan doesn't really use it, at least not yet

and "moege" means something completely different from what people over here use it for
>>
>>17070279
Mmm it's definitely been a while but is Hoshimemo really more complex than Leyline? I feel like Hoshimemo was pretty simple.
>>
>>17070279
It's stupid in the way that there is only 2 levels on this picture, not 5.
>>
>>17070314
I don't know what you're talking about, there's clearly only one level here, "ordinary japanese".
>>
>>17070237
Lately I've been considering starting to play all-ages versions if they're available. I mean I pretty much just skip/skim the h-scenes already, most scenes don't do anything for me anyway, if I actually want to fap I have to use a nukige or something else. But more importantly, there's been lots of times that an h-scene has somehow negatively affected my impression of the protagonist or rarely the heroine. Don't know why I keep reading them as if there's going to be some super important information revealed.
>>
>>17070319
>affected my impression of the protagonist

Happened with me on eve burst error on a lesbian scene that should never have happened

It was "What the fuck were they thinking with this" tier
>>
>>17070318
>>
>>17070279
I don't understand why people can get so autistic about wanting to know the "level" of a VN, just start reading it and if you find it too hard stop. Even if you want to delete it afterward instead of saving it on your hd, surely not everybody is living in a 3rd world country where a several gb download "wasted" is a big deal.
>>
File: 1488858234897.jpg (45KB, 480x607px) Image search: [Google]
1488858234897.jpg
45KB, 480x607px
>>17070279
Do people use this image when shitposting plebs?
Just make sure to never tell them that not being able to read 言霊 has 0 impact on their understanding of the story and it should be ok
'

Also why the f do people overrate muramasa's reading level. It's a bit tricky with how the sentences are formed, with some gimmicks like the way they point direction and machine performance but the flow of the story is very easy to follow
>>
>>17070357
mostly because it uses a shitton of words which is a problem if you don't actually know japanese
>>
>>17070357
>Also why the f do people overrate muramasa's reading level.
I mean it objectively has a very high vocab and kanji count (with like over 3,100 kanji or so). It objectively discusses a lot of subject in relation to history and philosophy most VNs don't. If you're going to call Muramasa's difficulty underrated, what is the hardest in its place? Mareni and nothing else? I'm sure you have an argument for why Mareni is overrated too. Everything is easy, nothing is hard.
>>
>>17070357
I found Cross Channel and Taichis insane jokes and references a lot harder to keep up with than Dies/Muramasa but it never comes up in these for some reason. Maybe because it looks like a simple slice of life on the surface whereas the other two look ~epic~.
>>
>>17070364
>Muramasa's difficulty underrated
Dude, read a real Japanese novel.
Start with 雪国 and then 千羽鶴 or anything by Kawabata.

Then you'll find out Muramasa never really (or any VNs really) goes anywhere close to it
>>
>>17070380
Yes anon, things written over 60 years ago are hard. That's true in every language. That's not because they're advanced, it's because they're like 10% of the way to being a different language.
>>
>>17070394
Pretty sure more kanji were standard then. Weren't those written during WW2?
>>
>>17070394
in 60 years ago people will look back and see the true genius of dies irae constantly switching back and forth between 口語 and 文語 for no reason
>>
>>17070328
I think you should stick to western games white piggu.
>>
>>17070396
雪国 was published after writing reform started but before the toyo kanji were officialized. 千羽鶴 was published after the toyo kanji were officialized but before the joyo kanji were officialized.
>>
File: Fortissimo.jpg (767KB, 3197x1845px) Image search: [Google]
Fortissimo.jpg
767KB, 3197x1845px
Can she get any more based?
>>
>>17070364
Ah, hello, Mr. Always Perturbed from DJT.
>>
>>17070454
Who?
>>
>>17070456
Guy from DJT who gets always unhappy when someone calls something easy.

>I'm sure you have an argument for why Mareni is overrated too.
Especially this line is 100% distilled him.
>>
>>17070461
Are you sure you're thinking about a real guy? Mareni is memed pretty hard at DJT, seems unlikely it would be the same guy.
>>
>>17070461
That's Quof.
>>
>>17070464
I found his postings pretty consistent across time, but I guess it's possible multiple people are expressing their frustrations in similar ways.
>>
>>17070285

I kinda feel plotge came to be as half of a joke. You know, PLOT. Then people started elitism by trying to make certain games "more special and worth reading" or something. This is also probably where moege comes from and why those two are silly. They aren't genre. They are memes or whatever.

The problem is that both are rather established right now and for better or worse they somewhat have their use now. Because traditional genres make it hard to really separate these two.
Think of it like this: Both a plotge and a moege can be mystery. But they will be VERY different in atmosphere and in how important the mystery is as well as what the mystery is about. So when you say Unmei Senjou no Phi is a mystery moege while Shinsou Noise is a mystery plotge you have a pretty good idea what the difference between these two is. Although both involve "detective work" and whatnot. I suppose here is also where something like charage comes into play, but.. yeah.
>>
>>17070431

Yes.
>>
>>17070480
>This is also probably where moege
hownew
>>
File: sayless7.gif (74KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
sayless7.gif
74KB, 640x400px
>>17070104
Patched PC version looked so much better tho. YU-NO was really minimal with the ero. I liked it.
>>
>>17070469
There's a very good chance you mixed up some of my posts with his, and I'm kind of an asshole, so.
>>17070480
Moege predates plotge. I was there when someone started pushing plotge, I just don't remember where. Moege was a thing before that.

One of the problems, IMO, is that the japanese genre labels are kind of tied to categorizations that used to make sense but don't really make sense at the moment. I'm not sure why. But if you look at what VNs were coming out in early/mid 2000s, you see a few pretty clear divisions, with games about a small number of cute girls interacting with the protagonist with literally no overarching plot, versus games with a plot where character interactions matter less and character actions matter more.
>>
>>17070502
>Moege predates plotge
Not at all. Unless you are talking about the English terms for some reason, in which case who cares. Scenarioge is old.
>>
>>17070507
Yes, I am talking about the english terms because that's what this conversation is about. People actually using plotge is a very recent thing and only done in this niche and in english so I'm not sure what you're on about.
>>
>>17070502
is Dokoiku plotge or moege?
>>
>>17070510
It's just what they use instead of scenario. There is no difference or anything weird about it. The post you're responding to does in fact not talk about the semantics between plot / scenario but about what the difference between that and a moege is. In which case your statement is wrong and out of place.
>>
>>17070507
Honestly why are people being so weird about the word plotge? Is an English community using a word that the Japanese doesn't really that groundbreaking? It's just the shorter or less awkward-looking version of scenarioge.
>>
>>17070520
>It's just what they use instead of scenario. There is no difference or anything weird about it.
There is one thing different/weird about it: it doesn't mean the same thing as scenarioge. Clannad, Rewrite, and Parfait are all clear scenarioge, but you'd struggle to call all three of them plotge. At least one of them is moege as opposed to plotge, no matter what aspects of them you use to draw the line.
>>
>>17070532

Actually, as far as I know these games, none would be called moege. If we go with a strict "only moege or plotge", all of those should be plotge. However, especially for older games, nakige and whatnot is still around.

That said, not every VN is plotge or moege.. probably. For example, what's Kamimaho? Hapymaher? So yeah. Guess you could call them plotge if you really wanted to, but that's still kinda different to what's usually called that.
>>
>>17070532
>Parfait
>scenarioge
whats the fuck im reading
>>
>>17070543
I think we have someone that's lost their grip on reality. I cannot think of a single reasonable way of dividing them up that includes all of them without including like half of the moege. This might surprise you, but the majority of VNs have stories.

>>17070547
It's a canonical example anon. Do you even know japanese or are you just one of those people who pretends and parrots what EOPs say?
>>
>>17070532
I'd say all of these fit into either plot or scenario. I don't see what the difference is supposed to be, they're practically synonyms.
>>
File: Untitled.png (83KB, 1025x454px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
83KB, 1025x454px
>>17070500
Does this happen to you too with the patched PC version - the game maxing out one core?
>>
>>17070555
>I'd say all of these fit into either plot or scenario.
Either?

>I don't see what the difference is supposed to be, they're practically synonyms.
This is the issue. people who consider them to be synonyms don't actually know how scenarioge is used in japan. Case in point: >>17070547

People just assume that scenarioge and plotge mean the same thing because "scenario" and "plot" are similar words. But plotge is an english term, and scenarioge is a japanese one, and the use patterns are completely different.

https://warosu.org/jp/thread/S16335624#p16350326
https://warosu.org/jp/thread/S16226916#p16260738
https://warosu.org/jp/thread/S16737114#p16740281
https://warosu.org/jp/thread/S16697862#p16728582
https://warosu.org/jp/thread/S16774881#p16801057

There's a very obvious trend for "plotge" to be the term to go to for story heavy games with elaborate plots. scenarioge doesn't have this bias. You might want to go to google, plug in "シナリオゲー", and do some reading, because I'm not going to spend any more than is necessary of my time to explaining cultural differences to someone on the internet.

This is ignoring the fact that there's no way in hell Clannad is a plotge.
>>
>>17070552

What we tend to call moege are games with an overall lighthearted mood and a major focus on "cute".
Clannad does not have an overall lighthearted mood. It has comedy, yes, but so does for example Himawari for a good part. Too much of Clannad goes against what we tend to call moege. It's a nakige.
Rewrite is out of question.
And Parfait I don't know, but always assumed it's quite drama heavy in the routes as well.

Yes, the moege definition is weird, people use it in somewhat different ways as well.. but if we don't want it to mean "everything that's not majorly focusing on plot" we need to draw a line somewhere. And to me that is "overall atmosphere".
>>
File: シナリオゲー.png (21KB, 233x501px) Image search: [Google]
シナリオゲー.png
21KB, 233x501px
>>17070586
I mean, that's just you or whoever using plotge wrong. Both scenario and plot are English words. There is no implication within the words that it has to be 10 layers deep of intricacy.
And yes, Clannad is definitely part of that.
>>
>>17070640
I didn't say Clannad was a moege, I said it wasn't a plotge. Plotge and moege aren't some kind of dichotomy. I would firmly call Clannad and Parfait character games if anyone over here would understand what I meant.

>Rewrite is out of question.
>And Parfait I don't know, but always assumed it's quite drama heavy in the routes as well.
Someone might define plotge in a way that makes Clannad and Parfait plotge, and in that case I would 100% consider rewrite to turn into a chuunige at that point. This is what I was talking about when I said they can't all be plotge, even though they're all scenarioge.

>Yes, the moege definition is weird, people use it in somewhat different ways as well.. but if we don't want it to mean "everything that's not majorly focusing on plot" we need to draw a line somewhere. And to me that is "overall atmosphere".
Moege spontaneously popped into existence in 2009 after someone on otakuism made it up. Unfortunately the internet archive didn't save that, but you can have this as consolidation: https://warosu.org/jp/thread/S3103832#p3112052

To me a moege is basically a character game with focus on cuteness and/or comedy for like the first half of it. You can even have a plot twist half way through if you want. I think the mental image we westerners have of "moege" is actually becoming increasingly relevant, since it's basically a perfect way to describe the increasingly common VNs with really crappy stories and great character designs.
>>
>>17070668
Scenario and plot are not synonyms. QED
>>
>>17070668
>I mean, that's just you or whoever using plotge wrong.
No, anon, this would be you using plotge wrong. The usage is very clearly skewed. And the fact that warosu shows these arguments about the meaning of "plotge" being confined to this thread makes me think you have a very longstanding problem with other people telling you that your definition of plotge is wrong.
>>
File: 37ffd91c.jpg (31KB, 381x479px) Image search: [Google]
37ffd91c.jpg
31KB, 381x479px
This whole debate could be avoided if everyone was just honest to themselves like pic related
>>
>>17070680
That's a lot of projection in a single post. Speaking from your own experience?
Anyhow, not an argument, you're wrong etc.
>>
>>17070691
Not an argument. Come back when your argument isn't literally "that's just you or whoever using plotge wrong" with a false appeal to prescriptive linguistics.
>>
>>17070694
Not an argument. Come back when you're no longer gay.
>>
>>17070189
Yu-no's pre epilogue sex scenes are pretty well intergrated into the story, though.
>>
>>17070668
clannad is not a plotge. if you think clannad is a plotge, you have no idea how people actually use the word plotge, or you're ignoring it on purpose.

you (apparently) posted an image of someone calling it a シナリオゲー. シナリオゲー is a japanese word. you can't just pretend it's english. シナリオゲー and plotge are not the same word. they aren't even part of the same language.
>>
>>17070700
Okay, thanks for confirming that it really is always you starting these arguments in the archive, now I can go back to the key threads.
>>
>>17070688
It's times like this I thank god for recursive hiding.
>>
>>17070581
Yes, the PC port also runs way faster than it should so a lot of the transition effects (like fade ins) are virtually imperceptible as a result.
>>
>>17070704
Thanks for confirming that you're gay.
>>
>>17070703
What do you think is the difference?
>>
>>17070716
シナリオゲー are allowed to focus on character interactions. plotge are only allowed to focus on the plot.

people use the words completely differently. they are not related.
>>
>>17070711
For example, try watching the OP on a PC-98 emulator and compare it to the Windows port. On the 98, every frame fades into the next one smoothly, whereas on PC it just cuts to it instantly. May not be that big of a deal breaker for some, but for me it kinda is.
>>
https://warosu.org/jp/thread/S11924646#p11928141

this is the earliest use of "plotge" on /jp/, postdating moege by a lot. (if you thought moege postdated plotge, you were wrong.)

fireden foolz search is dead but basically someone invented the word "plotge" on djt as part of the nukige~moege~plotge meme and it ended up spreading here. it continues to be influenced by this, as seen by people in this thread assuming that moege/plotge is a strict dichotomy (i mean they're mutually exclusive but still). if you think english people use it the same way japanese people use scenarioge you are objectively wrong.
>>
>>17070728
That's a very funny definition that you just pulled out of your butt. Thanks for the laugh though.
>>
>>17070711
>>17070729
Hmm, I guess I'll try using some program to throttle CPU.
>>
>>17070736
"That's a very interesting definition you've derived from how people use the words. Thanks for sharing your perspective with me. I will consider it and reevaluate my understanding of reality, maybe consider accepting that these examples of people using the words in a given way actually say something about what the word means."
>>
>>17070712
>>17070736
So this is what a narcissistic breakdown looks like.
>>
>>17070736
It sure does suck that there's an archive, huh?
>>
>>17070728
so is Yu-no not a plotge because the game sometimes takes a break from the plot to show the interactions between the protag and each of the heroines?
>>
>>17070749
Why did you respond to the same post twice?
>>
>>17070749
that's called storytelling, you might not know about it if you haven't really read anything though
>>
>>17070749
By that definition plotge don't even exist. That guy is silly (and is also apparently starting a samefag spree).
>>
>>17070755
Why are you responding to yourself?
>>
>>17070755
There's so much wrong with this post it hurts.
>>
>>17070751
>>17070758
So this is what a narcissistic breakdown looks like.
>>
>>17070749
I have no idea how you read "only allowed to focus on the plot" and assumed "must only contain content about the plot at all times". As >>17070755 said, that would mean basically nothing is actually a plotge. You have serious mental problems if you can only use an unreasonable grammatical interpretation of what someone writes. The meaning is obviously "plotge have to focus on the plot to some extent", the logical inverse of "scenarioge are allowed to never focus on the plot", which is what "allowed to focus on character interactions" implies.

I don't even agree with what he said, you're just an asshole. Quick question, I know 4chan is a safe haven for people with social issues, but have you considered seeing a neuropsychologist? Depending on your actual mental problem you might be able to get a real diagnosis and medication, improving the quality of your life.

>>17070764
And stop samefagging.
>>
>>17070671
I like how he ignored this post.
>>
>>17070779
>>17070735
And this one.
>>
>>17070773
>I have no idea how you read "only allowed to focus on the plot" and assumed "must only contain content about the plot at all times".
What worries me is the idea that Yu-no's character development is somehow not part of the plot.
>>
DJT-tier autism doesn't help this thread.
>>
>>17070773
I like how you lashed out on a random and quoted my post making it look like you agree with me. That's funny. By the way, do you realize you're literally throwing a fit over being wrong on the definition of a word? Are you sure your internet diagnoses wouldn't fit yourself better?
>scenarioge are allowed to never focus on the plot
Then it wouldn't be a scenarioge now would it.

>>17070779
>>17070786
And stop samefagging! (笑)
>>
Wagahigh demo released on Steam in English. Anyone who played in original version... Can you say, how's the translation quality? Is it worth to read? Thanks.
>>
>>17070806
I'm not your guy. This is what I'm talking about. You're clearly mentally unwell, and I might be able to push you over the tipping point, make you realize there's a problem. That's a perfectly fine reason to respond to a random post, one that's arguing against something I don't really agree with. If you refuse to believe me, you should think hard about what you are doing to yourself. There is no ego here.
>>
>>17070810
Why would anyone who played it in Japanese have any interest towards an EOP release?
>>
>>17070815
Said anon as he pushed up his glasses and called for his mother to bring him another bag of potato chips. Your lack of self awareness is at a comical level, mate. You might actually need some serious help yourself, but hey, I'm not a doctor. I'll let your parents decide what to do with you.
>>
>>17070825
I'm not your guy.
>>
>>17070825
you're being trolled, you fucking idiot.
>>
File: maple_colors_01.jpg (103KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
maple_colors_01.jpg
103KB, 640x480px
Done with Maple Colors by now. Presentation was really nice, which you can probably expect from a good 200 unique CG, sprites for over 50 characters and whatnot. Over a rather short story even. So CG aren't really used in the way you are used to nowadays. For example, the main girl has 2 ero scenes, but like 12 CG are used there, changing several times back and forth as well making things more dynamic. Normal scenes can be a bit like that as well. Unfortunately.. that's about all the good stuff in this.

Gameplay is old school. You have limited days with 4 hours each. Time always runs and you lose fixed amount of time for scenes, area transitions (as in choosing a location on the main-map) and minigames. Characters have unique daily rhythms. Your goal: "recruit" them. Done in all kinds of ways, which usually includes finding them in one of many many locations at a very specfic time or needing an item. Of course, old school, so you can only have 3 items at once, if you pick up another one, you lose the oldest. The game is essentially designed for you to waste time, in all possible ways. For example it loves to have characters run away, only for them to be at a specific spot, perhaps even at specific times only. Have fun searching!
Due to limited days you also will need to restart the game several times if you want to play without a guide. Fun? Nah. There are also minigames, which some are okay-ish, some boring and some frustrating as fuck.
Saving is after a full day only, which means save-scumming is annoying as well if you want to do that.

Story is also extremely thin. Most side-characters don't even have 50 lines. (in case of girls excluding the token ero scene) The main plot was disappointing as well, as it could've been straight from a shounen show for 10 year olds. Insanely black and white in the worst way. The writers forgot the tongue in cheek here.
Main heroine routes feature less content than a side-route in Leyline. Quite a bit less. Only Mirai is an actual character as she is important at all points. Also has the "longest" route with the most conclusive ending and so on. Liking her is pretty important to somewhat enjoy this game I feel.

And yet it still feels overall.. okay-ish. For one thing the presentation. Also it actually feeling like a real "eroge". Getting into the girls pants isn't free. And it's pretty much the goal as well, if I want to be a bit mean. It's not so much about telling a big story, or having a major romance or anything silly like that, or even to have great characterization of many characters. Reminded me a bit of something like Rance 01, though that game was overall way better. Maple Colors is simply.. old-school. I kinda hoped for something like School Rumble, which it really isn't, but... it's... okay. Fandisc is supposed to be less "plot" which could help.
>>
>>17070500
Time for my yearly replay, this game had l the best girls.
>>
>>17071499
All*
>>
File: SSF 2017-05-23 22-49-56-689.jpg (435KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SSF 2017-05-23 22-49-56-689.jpg
435KB, 1920x1080px
>>17070500
>looked so much better

The resolution is just slightly higher than the Saturn's my man

Wouldn't make that much a difference.
I'll check it out whenever the one day comes I buy the pc 98 version though.
>>
>>17071499
>>17071507
The voice acting is what really hooked me into many of the characters, for real

That was when I noticed there was no way the remake was going to top the original
>>
>>17071154
Should've played Maple Colors 2. Vastly superior.
>>
>>17070500
I've seen these gifs of yu-no floating around, do you have more?
>>
>>17070396
雪国 only contains 1,593 unique kanji.
>>
File: AyumiPrincessCarry.gif (121KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
AyumiPrincessCarry.gif
121KB, 640x400px
>>17071632
To give the remake some credit, there were some areas where it actually did pretty good. Some of the new art is actually good enough to stand on its own, and I like what they did with Ayumi's voice, even if it seemed jarring at first.
People who've finished YU-NO probably remember that Ayumi was a third-person person to seem less womanly and sexual to Takuya. Of course, this is actually pretty awkward in the Saturn version because Ayumi's voice is very mature, and that heavily clashes with the way she talks.
The remake tries to fix this by making Ayumi sound child-like when she's putting on her "cutesy" facade, and more mature and appropriate for her age when she's not around Takuya(i.e. when she's on the phone, or talking to Ryuuzouji or Totally Not Nikaido from Eve Bust Error(Toyotomi).

>>17072168
>>
It's insane how much my mood for VNs changes after I fap.
Always whack one out before committing to a new, long ass visual novel guys. If you still want to start it afterwards it's probably a safe bet.
>>
>>17072363
Our guy Conjueror doesn't fap to anything but the VN he's currently reading, which works wonders. Start a moege, fap to something else during the common route, lose interest? No way. No matter how bad the moege is, lust will see you through.
>>
>>17072260
I didn't think that was awkward at all. In fact, Ayumi's voice acting was some of the best in the game in the original imho.
>>
>>17072458
It's still awkward to hear a mature woman refer to herself in first person, at least to me and a friend who's playing the game right now..
>>
>>17072466
Wtf, I thought her voice was pretty young-ish and befitting tho

I can see the remake sort of trying to push that to make it more obvious but that doesnt point a problem in the original
>>
>>17072168
I recorded some gifs from YU-NO, but someone's going to call me names if he figures out I did it from the translated version, so I can't post them here.

But I don't really gaf about the naysayers so here you go:
https://mega.nz/#!Ft02xSAZ!HBCLNgFgty49YvkkokNr-KV50VzC3eE2lFnAyO8LMFo
>>
>>17072564
Kikuko Inoue always sounds 17. ALWAYS, especially in the 90s.
>>
>>17072579
>>17072564
She sounds really motherly as Ayumi, though.
>>
Anyone got a route order for Sayooshi?
>>
Does swan song ever stop being boring?
>>
>>17073615
When you start it.
>>
File: Screenshot (150).png (1MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (150).png
1MB, 1280x800px
Should I just come into terms that Nekopara opened the floods of casuals into the medium?
>>
>>17073713
There were always Japanese casuals.
VNs get marketed on the streets there. Everyone knows about them.
>>
>>17073721
Why does it feel different this time dad?
>>
>>17073727
Bias that VNs are sekret club cause you generally have to learn JP for them.
The casuals were always there, son, you just couldn't see them.
>>
>>17073713

No sexual content lol
>>
>>17073713
What are these "casuals"?
>>
>>17072260
Well MC is pretty much a dumbed down version of kojiroh so its ok
>>
>>17074098
I wouldn't say dumbed down, more like just dumb kojiroh, or less experienced.
>>
>>17073713
One would think someone smart enough to learn japanese wouldn't care about something so juvenile such as secret club mentality equivalent to a "ewww girls".
>>
Can someone upload 霞外籠逗留記 on mega, please.
>>
>>17074618
Japanese isn't that hard to learn man, if you have an IQ of at least 105 you can make it. The only reason people become proficient in a skill is because they drop it. That's it.
>>
File: genki floof.jpg (318KB, 1296x768px) Image search: [Google]
genki floof.jpg
318KB, 1296x768px
do moonlanders not do the 'smooch someone at new years' countdown' thing?

wasted opportunity to kiss your sister here, man.
>>
idk which vn general I should post this in but I think you guys will be more helpful. Everyone knows Dies Irae's translation comes out in like a week, are there any roadmaps or recommended reading orders for the game?
>>
File: be8.png (159KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
be8.png
159KB, 500x300px
>>17074980
oh shit forgot to post a picture, everyone knows posts with pictures always get better replies
>>
>>17074980
You picked wrong, fuck off.
>>
>>17074980
>Everyone knows Dies Irae's translation comes out in like a week
It is?
>>
>>17074998
story of my life desu

>>17074999
Digital version comes out May 31st
>>
>>17074980
There are, and the translated version comes out in two parts with two routes each that you shouldn't play together. It's hilarious.
>>
Cross Channel: Reprint (https://vndb.org/r23129) or Final Complete (https://vndb.org/r35224)?

My instincts tell me Reprint, no cropped CGs and whatnot. But I'd like to hear thoughts from anyone here
>>
>>17075018
Let's not lie.
>>
>>17075245
Reprint 100%
>>
>>17075245
Despite some wonky art additions, some of the side stories in final complete are worth doing.
>>
>>17074980
Proof?
>>17075018
>Digital version comes out May 31st
Proof?
>>
>>17075245
final complete has more cgs
>>
>>17075243
Nobody would buy the second part of a game, in which the first part sucked so badly.
>>
>>17075291

This is probably just a steam thing. They get released at the same time.. I think. I don't think an actual release-date even exists yet. May 31 sounds so "place holder".
>>
>What are your thoughts regarding the future development of Dies irae across various types of media?
>For the anime version, we plan on doing one route from start to finish. I won’t spoil which route we chose so everyone can find out for themselves. While Dies irae is a long game that has 4MB worth of text, we made sure to cover all the important points so even someone new to the series would be able to enjoy and understand the anime without missing a beat.
>>
Does Phantom Integration not run on W8.1+?
>>
how does hints works in eve remake?
>>
Is Subahibi difficult? So far 司 is cute and everyone's easy to understand.
>>
>>17075958
No.
>>
File: cocorofunction_00.jpg (174KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cocorofunction_00.jpg
174KB, 1280x720px
So, finished the twins route in cocoro@function. Interesting that Pulltop did such a thing in two games in a row. But I feel whoever wrote this one looked at the previous work and didn't quite understand why that one worked so well... or didn't look at it at all. How much you enjoy Konosora's twins route depends on what you want out of your VN anyway.

Still, this was.. not so nice. Konosora did it right. It HEAVILY focused on the relationship between the twins, making very sure to show how much they mean to each other and the writer also made sure to heavily address what it means that both end up liking the same guy and whatnot. It made the ultimate three-way relationship kinda plausible.
Nothing of that sort in cocoro@function. The route starts with pretty much separate chapters for both. Yes these twins are.. kinda.. close, but there's never much attention on it. Their arcs are pretty much as separated as for any other heroine. Once you choose one, the very same continues. In fact, you never even get to see the other twin once the "romance" starts. It's short as hell as well, as technically both share a route. This is then finished with a random "actually both of these arcs happened, but I'll skip how that's actually possible and how and why they both are fine with it" choice you unlock to get a threesome h-scene and what's supposed to be the true ending of the route. Ouch.
It's unfortunate, as both of the girls are likeable and have fun plot attributes. One can have you enjoy lucid dreams, which is barely explored because of the insane shortness, while the other is even worse off. She can use multiple personalities. Why is that something a heroine gets who barely has her own route? From what I know of the other heroines, they have much less interesting abilities as well.

There are other issues the game generally had, but I do like some of the gimmicks and what it enables, although in this route.. it just falls short because there is not time for anything. So because of that I don't even have a good screen of the route. Have a random one instead.
>>
File: w.jpg (127KB, 886x775px) Image search: [Google]
w.jpg
127KB, 886x775px
Is there any greater honor for an eroge writer?
>>
File: 001.png (779KB, 1023x768px) Image search: [Google]
001.png
779KB, 1023x768px
I'm reading muramasa right now and got a question to those of you who read it, so I might have missed it or it gets explained later but why does kageaki always kill someone close to him at the end of the chapter? I finished chapter two now and it seems odd to me I figured there is some explaination and I just wanted to make sure I didnt miss it.
>>
>>17076621
Chapter 5 explains in detail.
>>
>>17076409
Yes if the actually went through with that.
>>
File: 20170428135317.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170428135317.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Hello, can anyone tell me what game pic related is? I think i saw it in one of these threads a few weeks ago, but couldn't find it.
>>
>>17076951
If you can't figure it out from that picture, you don't deserve it.
>>
>>17076951
New cation game
>>
>>17077065
Thank you for telling!
>>
>>17076630
Alright then thank you.
>>
For Baldr Sky, I don't need to read Fist or Force first, right?
>>
>>17077426
No but you should read Force because it's good.
>>
>>17077444
This.
>>
>>17076797
That is sorta true sorta not, I don't really care about the elitism or anything, the problem is sharing space with people who does not care or appreciate the topic as much as you do. It's what people refer to as casuals. So the problem is not the elitism but the drop in quality of posts, and the attitude to keep that at bay
>>
>>17072089
can you play 2 without 1?
>>
>>17077553
>>17077444
And because Sky copies half its major story beats from Force, only with twice as shitty execution.
>>
>>17074416
He's pretty much Kojiroh as a horny teenager and I like that. Still better than Kanno's previous protags. Yuichi and Albert were as bland as they come. Speaking of, Yayoi and Eriko have a lot of similarities: both have masculine speech patters, both are currently dealing with the loss of a loved one, both are best girls of their respective game, etc
>>
>>17075927
The version of Alpharom used in older N+ titles just plain doesn't work on newer (or was it 64-bit?) OS.
If you dig around I'm pretty sure work arounds have been posted for it before.
>>
>>17078990
Kojiroh was the best thing out of eve desu. I liked Marina but I really just kept pushing her story through so I would go back to based Kojiroh
>>
Nekopara is shit but I find the girls really cute and fuckable. Is this wrong?
>>
File: pretty cheap.png (924KB, 804x604px) Image search: [Google]
pretty cheap.png
924KB, 804x604px
>>17080228
己の股間を信じろ
>>
Hey guys. So when is the new Dies irae version being released?
>>
>>17077444
>>17078243
Standard Edition or original 18+ version?
>>
>>17078243
>only with twice as shitty execution.
At least sky gives actually breathing room for them. Every route in force takes less than two hours and nothning that happens ha any gravity to it, not to mention blatantly ripping off a FF game for its twist.
>>
>>17080458
As soon as you kill yourself.
>>
>>17079390
I did dig but I didn't really find anything other than suggestions to downgrade / play on a VM.
>>17080470
Baldr Force EXE (PS2 version) is the one you want.
>>
>>17080458
Bump.
>>17080507
I'm serious though.
>>
>>17080878
So am I.
>>
>>17080784
>Baldr Force EXE (PS2 version) is the one you want.
Ah I see. There are some fairly big names in the PS2 cast. Thanks.
>>
Hey guys, Iam looking for all the works that has been drawn by Tony Taka.
https://vndb.org/s1635
I can only find the Ciel Collection box but the size is huge since all the games are crammed into one.
Does anyone know where to find a working link for each game?
>>
File: DRM.jpg (40KB, 460x270px) Image search: [Google]
DRM.jpg
40KB, 460x270px
OPEN SESAME
>>
>>17081074

I like the picture. It fits.

I like DRM. Makes sure the game won't be playable anymore soon enough without a crack. Like wanna play Parfait 2 reorder on something like win7? Nope. Not without a little hex editing.
>>
>>17081074
Time to wait for a crack.
>>
File: Amayui 16.jpg (221KB, 1278x723px) Image search: [Google]
Amayui 16.jpg
221KB, 1278x723px
Who is here playing Amayui?
>>
>>17081113
I'll get a save and fap to it maybe.
>>
>>17081074
I'm in no rush to play it.
>>
>>17081113

I'm not sure if it's even worth before all the additional patches are out. Or, heck, worth at all.. but that's only something I can find out by trying.
>>
>>17067668
I think this girl is ugly.
>>
>>17081130
Do you think they'll actually release something like 2.0 for it?
>>
>>17081137
Depends on the popularity, it probabnly will though, the system is revamped kamidori so people know what to expect.
>>
Damn, I totally forgot it's new release day today.
>>
>>17079906
Marina's route has based Kouno, though.
Fun fact, I was browsing through some Eve fansites and I noticed Kouno always ended up in the top 5 on the character polls there.
>>
>>17081136
because pink is and always will be poop
>>
File: pic related.png (505KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
pic related.png
505KB, 640x480px
Would there be an interest in a thread like this but for untranslated text heavy HRPG? I'm a newbie in that area myself but got pretty curious after seeing people on EGS list them together with normal VNs. Or maybe it fits here since they're technically エロゲー and we also talk about stuff like that new Eushully game?
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-26+at+01.59.19).jpg (200KB, 1150x517px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-26+at+01.59.19).jpg
200KB, 1150x517px
I cant believe they fucking changed Shuri's VA into this pure shit.

Oh god this is retarded, the Shuri & Hinari scenes will be never same with this kind of voice.
>>
>>17081074
>>17081101
>>17081109
I heard there is already crack, but it's only for members of bbs4.2dj.
>>
>>17081174s
I hope it gets leaked just to see the meltdown.
>>
>>17081137

When was the last time they did NOT do that? Even their last game before this got something like that, even though nobody really liked it.
>>
>>17081173
Soujun or other new characters' VAs are really great tho, I guess they couldnt find anyone decent to voice shuri at the last second so had to bear with this kind of voice. I'm still pretty mad though.
>>
>>17081171
No rule that says VNs must be pure words with no gameplay whatsoever. As long as they're mostly text, like Rance or Eushully games, they're still VNs.
>>
Crack is out, based Russians.
>>
>>17081322
>Eushully games

Yes they have a good amount of text, but who plays their games for that? It's all about the gameplay that'll eat away your time.
Heck, Rance actually also depends. The ones I played so far were more gameplay than text as well, by quite a bit.

That said, we indeed generally don't care too much and Alice Soft as well as Eushully are common here. But I'm pretty sure that would change quickly if we'd start to have a ton of random dlsite h-rpgs discussed as well. So if there are actually enough people so it would simply "derail" this thread too much, we'd need a separate one. So far however, that hasn't been the case.
>>
>>17081171
What ero-rpg do you want to talk about?
>>
Can someone tell me where I can get 月に寄りそう乙女の作法2 append disc?
Not the softmap one but the 2016 one which gives protag voice.

All anime-sharing links are dead.
>>
>>17081534
Get torrent on A-S?
>>
>>17081329
Where?
>>
>>17081657
Rutracker comments. That's what he's referring to anyway.
>>
>>17081608
the torrent is for the version without the newest patch (the one it has it only for an extra route and not the one that came out in 2016 with protag voice).
>>
>>17081721
Are you sure? As far as I remember they were packed together and I'm sure I torrented the voice patch you want.
>>
>>17081731
its not. I'm sure because I got that torrent and applied the first append disk.
If you look at vndb you'll see luna append came out in 2015 while voice append came out in 2016.
>>
>>17082347
Yes, but Luna append was bundled again with the voice append.
>>
>>17082360
yeah sure. the torrent thats on a-s has the old one though.
>>
File: Untitled.png (53KB, 1150x520px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
53KB, 1150x520px
>>17082367
???
>>
>>17082380
I might be blind but which page is this from?

The one on the link below which has the same name as your picture doesn't seem to have a torrent.

http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/hentai-games-38/japanese-%5B161125%5D-%5Bnavel%5D-%E6%9C%88%E3%81%AB%E5%AF%84%E3%82%8A%E3%81%9D%E3%81%86%E4%B9%99%E5%A5%B3%E3%81%AE%E4%BD%9C%E6%B3%952-%E3%82%A2append-disk-%5Bh-game%5D-557875/

Can you link it please?
>>
>>17082398
http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/torrents-47/5-%5B161125%5D-%5Bnavel%5D-%E6%9C%88%E3%81%AB%E5%AF%84%E3%82%8A%E3%81%9D%E3%81%86%E4%B9%99%E5%A5%B3%E3%81%AE%E4%BD%9C%E6%B3%952-append-disk-%5Bh-game%5D-557871/
>>
>>17082405
thanks. No idea why this one didn't show up when I searched for the exact name.
>>
File: 1481949973756.jpg (69KB, 720x931px) Image search: [Google]
1481949973756.jpg
69KB, 720x931px
>>17082380
>there's a dude that unironically goes around sharing VNs pretending he's a girl acting cute and using silly emojis
>>
File: what.png (672KB, 1294x776px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
672KB, 1294x776px
Only 23 H-scenes? In Eushully game? Something seems off.
>>
File: y0Wxpe.png (7KB, 517x80px) Image search: [Google]
y0Wxpe.png
7KB, 517x80px
what did he mean by this
>>
>>17082893

Maybe this means the game is only a 40 hour grindfest instead of a 100 hour one as well?
...will they get their office burned down?
>>
>>17083088
>sakuuta higher than subahibi
>>
>>17082893
Maybe they'll be paced better this time around without the second half of the game devolving into a nukige?
>>
>>17082893
Is there a torrent for this game? I found some direct download links but I'd rather torrent it
>>
>>17083088
Muramasa - English release confirmed.
>>
File: amayui.jpg (202KB, 1282x767px) Image search: [Google]
amayui.jpg
202KB, 1282x767px
>>17082893
She's probably getting the most scenes and I'm not complaining, adorable retards are a weak point of mine.
>>
>>17083652
Of course.
>>
File: noraneko_09.jpg (524KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
noraneko_09.jpg
524KB, 1920x1080px
>>17083697

Another fang-girl mainheroine. Recently I somehow read a damn lot with that being a thing. Planet Dragon, Natsukoi, Himawari no Kyoukai..

Maybe that's a sign and I should actually play that or something. Fangs are nice.
>>
Anything interesting this month?
I've not followed what's new for this month, as I've been playing old releases.
>>
>>17084016
Nothing. Chronobox maybe tho
>>
File: wew.jpg (9KB, 498x32px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
9KB, 498x32px
>>17083088
It means that Muramasa has received a protection from desacration by EOPs.
>>
File: SSF 2017-05-18 17-11-23-346.jpg (500KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SSF 2017-05-18 17-11-23-346.jpg
500KB, 1920x1080px
Just finished Yu-no. What a fucking ride my dudes. I've been meaning to play this since 2014 or something but kept pushing it off. Glad I took time off to play this, it was worth it.

I cannot fault anyone when they say this is their favorite adventure game, for sure it's right up there with the best ones.
>>
>>17084358
It's always weird to see someone not bitching about the epilogue
>>
>>17084362
Do people bitch about it? What is there to bitch about?
>>
>>17084358
Also, since you're in the mood for playing Saturn shit, give EVE Burst Error a try. Same writer as YU-NO, btw.
>>
>>17084372
People don't like how quickly it ends after you get to the capital and find the ending underwhelming overall. It's not really the writer's fault, though, since his team had to rush the game
>>
>>17084383
Never listen to niggers. Honestly I thought it was long enough as it was, the whole scale of it was stunning to me.
>>
File: 120.jpg (383KB, 1212x1754px) Image search: [Google]
120.jpg
383KB, 1212x1754px
>>17084396
Tbh, I agree with them to a degree. I heard the epilogue was planned to be like the main game, with routes and all that, so it feels kinda sad to know they had to scrap that to get the game out on time. There's a lot of things in the epilogue, and the official artbook that point to it being rushed too. Like pic related, or the fact a lot of the epilogue songs are composed by Ryu Takami and Kazuhiro Kanae, instead of Umemoto, or how Sala has literally no purpose in the story other than to tell the protag he's near Dela Grante. Speaking of Sala, there's a sketch in the artbook where's she's holding a sword and everything, will post after this. {/spoiler]
>>
File: 125.jpg (346KB, 1212x1754px) Image search: [Google]
125.jpg
346KB, 1212x1754px
>>17084434
Forgot to spoiler
>>
>>17084434
Well man, honestly there was no way that would make it into the game, and I felt the whole scale was already big as it is for the time. I guess it's a shame that they had to cut a lot of stuff but I understand and I'm quite content with what I got.

As far as Sara telling him he was near the empire capital and warning him not to go to the temple where he was captured, but he ignores that anyway so at least it servers as foreshadowing...sort of
>>
>>17084358
I'm still impressed at all the CGs the game had.
>>
File: 1490320288306.jpg (114KB, 1016x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1490320288306.jpg
114KB, 1016x1022px
>>17084358
>no Eriko route
>>
>>17084016
妻の肉穴にホームステイするマッチョ留学生
>>
>>17084508
delet this
>>
File: SSF 2017-05-17 10-34-54-597.jpg (382KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SSF 2017-05-17 10-34-54-597.jpg
382KB, 1920x1080px
But lads, what was up with Kanna's ability to send the MC to another dimension?

A lot of stuff around her was left loose, unless I missed it somehow.

Just had a friend connecting the dot for me that she was Amanda's daughter with the MC after they fuck which honestly blew me away.
>>
>>17084358
Who likes this isekai shit?
>>
>>17084750
Men with taste. Two traits you obviously lack.
>>
>>17084524
Truly the game of the month.

お嬢様と憐れな and あなたに恋する恋愛ルセット being close contenders for moe lovers.

I wonder about ニュートンと林檎の樹. Did anyone start playing it?
>>
>>17084854
>>
>>17084564
There are several theories behind her... a lot of which are confusing.
There are two Kannas in the game, one that received the reflector from Koudai in another dimension and the one which you interact with that doesn't know anything

You should dig around about the theories behind her, she's by far the most complex character in the game due to reasons beyond the character itself.
>>
>>17084862
Look at those fucking eyebrows.
>>
File: 1490264259977.jpg (79KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1490264259977.jpg
79KB, 1000x1000px
This is gonna sound a little odd, but do you guys ever rush while playing your VNs? I have an habit of always waiting for a voiced line to be completed and never skip over it, but I feel that grossly increases the time I take to finish them.
>>
>>17084946
I do the same and I think it's a pretty normal thing to do. Voice acting has a big impact on how you perceive a line.
>>
Evens start 下級生
Odds start 同級生
>>
>>17084983
Good luck.
Better not use a guide nerd.
>>
>>17085003
Yes ma'am. How tough is it without a guide though. My patience has limits
>>
>>17085021
You may miss events, but no biggie, don't use a guide it will ruin the fun
>>
>>17084983
>>17085021
I really need to start the sakura wars series...
>>
>>17085021
I'd personally just go through maybe once or twice without a guide and then use one after that if you're still interested.
If I remember correctly a bunch of key later events are locked behind the school nurse's and her sister's event chain though as a heads up.
>>
>>17085050
>>17085034
Thanks mates, will do.

>>17085046
they're pretty good
>>
File: 2017-05-09-232320.jpg (147KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-09-232320.jpg
147KB, 960x544px
>>17081164
Aye, agreed. He's one of the characters whose interactions make you believe those people in the game are real.
>>
How's Eushully's new game? Are they announcing bankruptcy soon?
>>
>>17082893
Probably spent most of their artist's time on their DMM game.
>>
>>17084358
The porn was really well done in this, they are all best girls.
>>
>>17085225
Well the people who played just the first few chapters think its decent. At least much better than their last 2 games which of course isn't really an achievement.
>>
File: 1437528517452.gif (65KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1437528517452.gif
65KB, 640x400px
>>17084508
I will never not be mad.
>>
File: 1491219613703.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1491219613703.png
2MB, 1366x768px
I tried reading Seabed but eventually dropped it, it was boring. There were clearly some creative ideas and enjoyable scenery in there, but it was mixed in with large amounts of long descriptive scenes containing nothing but inane irrelevant trite, I really wasn't enjoying it. I would've liked to know more about their world and what's actually happening, and I'm sure there's some good payoff at the end, but it's really not worth it.

Instead I read Ryakudatsusha no Inen which was much more fun. The first and third chapters were really enjoyable and satisfying, unfortunately the second chapter was quite a bit weaker. It was a nice revenge tragedy anyway, reminded me of the western novel Waylander a little. No particularly deep themes but at least it was enjoyable.
>>
Anyone here played the remake?
is it really the crime against humanity it seems to be? I heard there are more voiced lines which sounds nice though.
>>
File: 66n8YCi[1].jpg (107KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
66n8YCi[1].jpg
107KB, 1920x1080px
>>17085714
It doesn't really look that bad imho.
>>
File: Yotsuko.jpg (851KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Yotsuko.jpg
851KB, 1680x1050px
>>17084854
The childhood friend reminds me too much of Utaha and with all those calculations she does I'm expecting a twist where she's revealed to be a robot.
>>
>>17085619
The MC then proceeds to live the moege life.
>>
File: s0230.png (980KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
s0230.png
980KB, 1280x720px
>>17085163
Man, I love Yayoi so much. And you're right. Hiroyuki Kanno was just really good at writing characters and interactions, in general. I always enjoy going back to either YU-NO or Eve and chuckling at some of the exchanges, like Mio's and Takuya's.
>>17085766
I really don't get what the deal is with the remake. There's some art that looks fucking excellent, and even sports multi-tone shading, and then there's the sprites and some of the other CGs, which look flat and boring.
>>
Yeah, after the first chapter and its revelations I was also expecting SeaBed to pick the pace. The endless vacation flashbacks were the worst. However, I ended up liking the game as a whole in the end,even though I guessed one of the main late game twists rather early. While it's touted as a mystery game, much of the enjoyment is going to be depending on how much you like the daily life interactions and stuff. I think it's also notable because, (for the lack of better word) it's the least "anime-y" VN I've played so far.

I also enjoyed Ryakudatsusha no Inen. Short enough to not drag on and pretty good production values for a quick nukige read, and a large variety of unnamed villager girls. I personally didn't like the drug aspect that much, I very much preferred when the girls were screaming in pain rather than screaming for more dick.
>>
>>17085619
seabed is a hit or miss title for sure.
People who liked it including myself found the descriptive scenes a part of the charm.
>>
>>17086045
>I personally didn't like the drug aspect that much, I very much preferred when the girls were screaming in pain rather than screaming for more dick.
I couldn't agree more, the best scene was easily the end of chapter 1. The amazing buildup, subtly hinting at something to come that far outshines the atrocities we've already seen. How everyone, from people used to such cruelty on a daily basis to terrified innocent girls shaking in fear to her precious brother, helpless to save her, is forced to watch. No unnecessary sexual stimulation or anything. And then the sheer, heartless randomness of the torture, so as to remove even the slightest hint of humanity or feeling from the incomparable pain being inflicted. You can see the feelings of injustice and embarrassment and anger and misery and fear and worry and hatred mix together and then disappear overwritten by all-powerful excruciating pain. It was the best.
>>
File: 1431063911416.png (175KB, 426x440px) Image search: [Google]
1431063911416.png
175KB, 426x440px
>>17086148
>>
>>17085619
https://vndb.org/u128536

nice list fgt
>>
File: newton.jpg (927KB, 1800x2750px) Image search: [Google]
newton.jpg
927KB, 1800x2750px
>>17084862
>>17085852
I liked the trial enough to pre-order it. It's nothing special but it does keep me entertained. Will report back when I finish a route or two.
>>
Anyone played Dei Gratia no Rashinban?
How do you enter the third route?
I don't see any choice, nothing.
>>
>>17085852
Why would you even admit that's your name?
>>
>>17086459
>>
File: 2017-05-13-165831.jpg (151KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-13-165831.jpg
151KB, 960x544px
>>17085979
>Man, I love Yayoi so much
She's a qt
>>
TsuriOtsu 2 FD upload when?
>>
File: SSF 2017-05-17 20-30-01-153.jpg (568KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SSF 2017-05-17 20-30-01-153.jpg
568KB, 1920x1080px
>>17085979
>Mio's and Takuya's
My man. I loved Mio's なによ, it was so endearing for some reason. Like, you could feel sometimes she was afraid of the MC actually end up hating her or something.
>>
File: 1480339232297.png (743KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480339232297.png
743KB, 960x720px
Should I get the PS4 version of 蒼の彼方のフォーリズム?
I'm seeing the resolution of the PC version is 720p.
I'm not interested in ero though, but if there are cuts and weird stuff like in Eustia vita version I'll pass.
>>
File: understand 2.jpg (66KB, 290x250px) Image search: [Google]
understand 2.jpg
66KB, 290x250px
>>17088372
>I'm not interested in ero though
>>
>>17088401
Not everyone cares about conquering heroines. Ero scenes are pretty much just an ego thing.
>>
>>17088562
I can't imagine that if capturing heroines for sex is an ego thing, then the whole adventure of fiction isn't as well.
>Not everyone cares about conquering heroines
Same, same. May I ask, does and if so how does this ego thing factor in to ero from my standpoint as a netorarefag, and from within scope either of the protagonist (i.e., self inserting) or of a third party observer (merely the reader)?
>>
>>17088806
I should've specified ero scenes in games where capturing heroines is the main and primary focus, is where it becomes more of an ego thing. Most of these games usually have more than 3 scenes per heroine and take up most of the routes. I mean, you can tell from how most of these scenes are written. They strip most heroines of their personality just so they can be conquered by MC's godly dick and fill their routes with H-scenes just so you can see how much the heroine was really just a cock hungry slut in disguise. Also common dialogue includes, "it hurts but it's okay if it's you", "I love your dick", and so on. It's becoming the standard so people are now furious at anything that's all ages and has several heroines. It's one thing to include H-scenes a couple short H-scenes for the MC and heroine's love to feel more complete and another thing to make it the primary focus in a route to inflate the reader's ego.

Not that it's a bad thing since that what eroge is about primarily, but in my opinion it doesn't make a ADV game bad if it doesn't have these in a game primarily focused on character interaction or plot and it is definitely not necessary.
>>
Anyone playing Amayui mind telling me where exactly did they find "青い魔術糸" (used in expanding fortress to Level 2)? Codex entry says "harvest" but none of the nodes have it and no building seems to generate it either.
>>
File: 6963834-susan-coffey.jpg (504KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
6963834-susan-coffey.jpg
504KB, 2560x1600px
>>17089129
That actually sums up a lot of my thoughts, but I generally dislike ero scenes also because they're usually badly written and I don't fap to them unless I'm playing to fap to them, if that makes sense.
>>
File: qtpa2t.jpg (243KB, 1296x768px) Image search: [Google]
qtpa2t.jpg
243KB, 1296x768px
>>17089129
been having this thought recently in which I think I'd like sex scenes a lot better if they weren't all made *for the purpose of wanking to*. I mean, there's the whole sex-is-important-in-relationships thing which I unironically subscribe to, there's tons of potential for interesting/comedic/horror/mindfuck/tragic/dramatic things you can do between the sheets. but there's only ever the one mood, and that is 'get yer rocks off'.

in the one I'm reading now the MC is an absolute spaghetti-overloading sperg barely able to put together a coherent sentence and never without stuttering, and in one scene where a girl is in danger and offers to get him off if he saves her, he goes on a big, long, turbovirgin spiel about how girls shouldn't say things like that and should be pure and chaste and shameful of their sexuality.

and then when he gets a gf he's railing her everywhere he can going YEAH TAKE IT YOU DIRTY SLUT with zero fucking irony or self-awareness or anything.

i dunno. I mean the audience that reads these things (myself included) for the most part has such a complicated and neurotic relationship with sexytimes that the actual dynamics behind h-scenes is quantum mechanics levels of complex. I'd just like it if they didn't write them all to be masturbated to. that's what's hamstringing them, I think.
>>
Seeing all these old vns makes me realise how cheap current vns are given their prices.
They have less cgs and less h scenes and overall less quality excluding art, it's pretty poor taste.
What happened?
I mean
>>17071154
Has 200.
>>
>>17089888
Bubble. Too much supply, not enough demand, can't spend that much money on making CGs.
>>
>>17089888
I was personally amazed at the amount of CGs some of the old VNs I played had.

I was like, holy fuck whats the budget on this?

Why is this? Why is it that back then people were willing to take much more chances and risks than they do today?
>>
>>17083884
What happens to her fang during blowjobs?
>>
>>17089929
The fang will be fine, it's the dick you need to be worried about.
>>
>>17089888
I don't agree at all. Older VNs had more CGs but there was infinitely less effort, time and detail poured into them. Just look at that VN you linked and then look at some expensive modern VN CG. It's about quality over quantity.
>>
Opinions on Scarlett? It's an old game and was quite well-received I think.
>>
>>17089970
Definitely disagree. There are plenty of new games with bad art and old games with good art. I don't think I would make the claim that the overall quality of eroge art has improved. If it has it hasn't by much, things are still very much a mixed bag.
>>
>>17089970
I want to destroy you motherfucking ass for saying this.
There are so many ways to crush your argument I don't even know where to begin.
>>
What good games have come out so far this year?
>>
>>17090094
Dies irae.
>>
>>17090094
Persona 5
>>
>>17090103
Where's the japanese version of dies irae for vita?
I've been waiting since 2015 for it ffs
>>
File: 1474753581928.jpg (64KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1474753581928.jpg
64KB, 640x480px
>>17090086
It's not about good or bad, that's purely subjective and depends on your personal taste. It's about the amount of time the artist spent drawing each one. I haven't read Maple Colors but looking at the example CGs it's pretty obvious the artist didn't spend the same amount of time on it as your average CG in your average modern game.
>>
probably not the thread to ask for this info as i don't exactly recall if this was a vn but i saw a webm of it and would like to play it again. what's the name of that game with all the bubbly short stocky girls with really good animation again?
>>
>>17090198
It's a matter of tools my man, and the cost of resources to pull it all off. Artists nowadays have way, way, way, way and I mean way more resources to work with than they had in 90s, of course the CGs will not look as good. The tech wasn't as advanced as today, but it was still high cost for a niche as hell market.

You'd expect the amount of CGs to remain the same or increase a bit since the resources to make them became cheaper and more accessible than before, but it didn't.
>>
Thought you guys might find this funny: https://vnscripts.neocities.org/stats.html
>>
>>17090199
https://vndb.org/v16266
>>
File: himawari_natsuyasumi_02.jpg (256KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
himawari_natsuyasumi_02.jpg
256KB, 1280x720px
>>17089929

With the right technique it won't hurt, don't worry. Probably. Well, worst case you need to get fixed up at the hospital, but hey, at least it's cute?
>>
File: hit_00.jpg (188KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hit_00.jpg
188KB, 1280x720px
>>17090198

I don't know. I mean yeah, not all CG are "super high quality", but that's true for most new games as well. SD is one thing. Something like pic related another.
Not all CG are going to have a highly detailed background or whatever. They don't need it. You see that CG you posted is shown for ONE textbox. So it looks as good as it needs to. That's not really happening anymore either though and nowadays you just have CG that cut corners and some that perhaps don't.
>>
why is chronobox still not up
>>
>>17090094
Chronobox
>>
>>17090665
are u blind or what?
www.anime-sharing.com/forum/torrents-47/5-%5B170526%5D-%5Bno-brand%5D-chronobox-クロノボックス-%5Bh-game%5D-612954/
>>
File: CG000000.jpg (403KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
CG000000.jpg
403KB, 1280x720px
I have the feeling I shouldn't trade the gun right now because maybe someone else will come to pick it up, but no idea.
Wish I knew how it ends.
>>
>>17090198
Most of the games nowadays have like 3 poses and 2 angles. Too many is left to our imagination. I would choose more diverse and abundant cg sets over redundant scrutiny any day.
>>
File: capture_029_08022016_180928.jpg (325KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
capture_029_08022016_180928.jpg
325KB, 800x600px
>>17090051
>Opinions on Scarlett?
It's pretty good. The spy stuff is more about goofy battles of wits and some simple politics thriller rather than flashy shootouts and shit, hell, the better protagonist even says you should leave firefights to experts of violence like SWAT and shit.

Both the first and second chapters are great, but I felt the third chapter wasn't very good: it shifts into slow predictable drama, dragged on endlessly with an easily guessable upcoming twist, and worst of all it isn't even some sort of clever foreshadowing for the last chapter like the new goofier plot elements and events introduced in the third chapter somehow tying into the last chapter for a grand finale. I get what they were going for thematically, but I personally didn't like it that much. The final chapter is also pretty slow.

If you play it, remember to get the additional patch that adds voice acting to many male characters, including the second protagonist.
>>
>>17091319
>no comment
>posts comment
>>
File: himawari_natsuyasumi_03.jpg (359KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
himawari_natsuyasumi_03.jpg
359KB, 1280x720px
This has been the best cat "dating-sim" I've ever read I think. The epilogue could've been a bit shorter, but other than that I quite liked it.
>>
I'm feeling edgy jay

What's a VN that I get to destroy everything in my path?
>>
>>17093144
Kyojin tachi
>>
>>17093144
https://vndb.org/v6638
>>
File: 2017-05-28_224111.jpg (159KB, 1296x768px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-28_224111.jpg
159KB, 1296x768px
This whole discussion was golden.
>>
>>17093144
Maggot Baits
>>
File: capture_004_05062016_064530.jpg (167KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
capture_004_05062016_064530.jpg
167KB, 800x600px
>>17093144
Carnival
>>
File: サクラノ豚.png (44KB, 1602x116px) Image search: [Google]
サクラノ豚.png
44KB, 1602x116px
>Sanoba Witch ranked along side Ima and Oretsuba
>Sakuuta review: I enjoyed the beginning the most
EGS voters never cease to confuse me.
>>
>>17093540
To be fair Oretsuba is pretty much a moege
>>
Steins;Gate "remake" and Robotics;Notes sequel announced.
Occultic;Nine coming out in September.
Anonymous;Code coming out on the Switch.
All previous Sci-ADV coming to Steam.

What do you think about all this?
I'm really excited for the Switch becoming the go-to place for console VNs.
>>
>>17093826
>Switch becoming the go-to place for console VNs.
Is this a joke?
>>
>>17093826
>allages
who cares
>>
>>17093826
>I'm really excited for the Switch becoming the go-to place for console VNs.
Try saying that when it has actually relevant exclusives announced for it. So far, nothing.
>>
>>17093826
Overmilked and overly EOP'd pseudoseries.
>>
>>17093834
>not wanting both the comfiness of playing a VN on your TV and the convenience of having it on the go
>>
>>17093952
I don't go anywhere, and I don't have a TV.
>>
>>17093952
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>17093952
fuck off. I'm waiting for the next console
>>
What's the diff between baldr heart and heart exe?
>>
>>17094218
they're different games
>>
>>17094235
you could've just told me it was a fan disk
>>
>>17094218
Baldr Heart is the actual full game with story.
Baldr Heart EXE is a standalone expansion with only improved arena mode, new weapons and that type of shit. No story.
>>
File: 1481580626858.jpg (112KB, 690x690px) Image search: [Google]
1481580626858.jpg
112KB, 690x690px
>>17093826
First you made Chaos;Child Xbone exclusive
It flopped to all hell, yet you still keep doing this kind of shit.

When will you learn 5pb?
>>
File: 1490304782727.png (352KB, 480x476px) Image search: [Google]
1490304782727.png
352KB, 480x476px
>Chaos;Child is getting a western release

Fucking hell. Is this really it? Is nothing else sacred anymore?

When did VNs become viable in the western market to justify all this shit? Like, everything gets brought over now, what the fuck happened.
>>
File: 7nm.png (622KB, 1757x721px) Image search: [Google]
7nm.png
622KB, 1757x721px
>>17094576
what do you care, and what does that have to do with this thread?

besides what makes you think the translations aren't going to be subpar like pic related, i mean jesus
>>
>>17094686
I'm just feel my safe space decreasing. In all honesty though, I'm not used to this. It feels weird. Like suddenly I'm in an alternative dimension where Japs are actually caring about western audiences and I'm wondering what happened that caused this change of heart.
>>
>>17094768
The japanese VN bubble is deflating because the japanese capital expansion bubble is popping. Same underlying issue as why decreasing birth rates are considered a problem. Basically exports are the only way out of their current economic situation.
>>
>>17094576
some guys were mad at the situation of Japanese games, and /jp/ made fun of them for not speaking japanese, so they made their own specialized publishers ala Working Designs to become the change they want to see in the world
>>
File: 258842.png (43KB, 317x317px) Image search: [Google]
258842.png
43KB, 317x317px
>>17094797
It was my fault all along.
>>
>>17094797
Those sorts of people don't belong on /jp/ in the first place anyway.
>>
What's the best tool for pulling text from game so I can search up Kanji I don't know?
>>
>>17095011
Learn how to use skip code and never use any of these tools. Now leave and go to DJT for these questions..
>>
File: 1424570053944.gif (488KB, 500x232px) Image search: [Google]
1424570053944.gif
488KB, 500x232px
>learned moon for a VN that turned out to be shit
>BGM is nice tho
>go to BGM do a nip post about how you learned moon for a game that turned out to be shit
>nips comment in consolation and empathy and tell me to read other stuff and find your favorite VNs
>mfw

Did you end up liking the VN you learned moon for /jp/?
>>
>>17095060
I learned moon for Baldr Sky and Muramasa, so yeah, I liked them.
What VN did you learn moon for?
>>
>>17094776
The Japanese economy has been shitting itself nonstop since the 90s. When is Japan finally going to implode?
>>
File: asdfasdf.png (3MB, 1918x1074px) Image search: [Google]
asdfasdf.png
3MB, 1918x1074px
how can a game not have borderless window in 2017?
>>
>>17095060
Which one was it, out of curiosity? Was it Dies Irae? The first VN I tried to read in Japanese was https://vndb.org/v12942 and it was an absolute success for my dick.
>>
>>17094576
That's what you get for liking casual, normie-friendly stuff. My favorites are still untranslated and I have confidence they will stay that way.
>>
>>17095422
This is what I'm saying man, if Chaos;Child is considered normie-friendly then IDK what to make of the reality I live at anymore.
>>
https://twitter.com/fukumimix/status/815215642160660480

F
>>
>>17095427

Dude, it got an anime. Everything getting an anime is on a way different level already. And then it's even all-ages. Don't even have to do anything special for the western market. It was never about "if", only about "when" here.
>>
>>17095427
S;G is popular and it's from the same series, also most people know chaos head to some degree. (the anime at least), so it's extremely casual.
>>
>>17095060
BGM?
>>
Anyone has Aka by NekoNekoSoft and is willing to upload it?

https://vndb.org/v1136
>>
File: %t-2015-10-06_22-01-09.jpg (130KB, 442x357px) Image search: [Google]
%t-2015-10-06_22-01-09.jpg
130KB, 442x357px
>>17095238
I learned for Kangoku Senkan 2 and eventually read it. I liked it, not really worth learning Japanese for, but thankfully there are a lot of games that are better than it.
>>
New

>>17096422
Thread posts: 391
Thread images: 79

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.