[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>There's nothing to fear from the mysterious. In this

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

File: 200px-Th145Sumireko (1).png (64KB, 200x225px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Th145Sumireko (1).png
64KB, 200x225px
>There's nothing to fear from the mysterious. In this day and age, even children can make
whole collections of youkai.

Know the power of human intelligence. And thus...

Lament the small, narrow world that you've been shut inside!

Was she right?
>>
File: angry mima.jpg (18KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
angry mima.jpg
18KB, 270x270px
Believing in things brings me nothing but sorrow.
>>
>>17030092
Her own route is all her being terrified of the mysterious. Her philosophy is born of ignorance. No, she's not right at all.
>>
>>17030234
She gets scared and defeated due to her overconfidence, but she's technically right.

Humans have chased youkai away into Gensokyo, and our fear of the supernatural has faded into fear of our fellow human beings. Religious don't worship their gods out of fear, but out of a desire for enlightenment and love.

The only barrier that the Youkai have against the whole of humanity is the power the mysteries and legends grant them, but humans have been long at work decrypting and unraveling those secrets. Hell, ULiL's Urban Legends only have power in Gensokyo due to the fact they're mysterious, but they don't work in the outside world at all.
>>
Sumireko is a shitty character, I'm glad that her forced story ended
>>
File: kebab remover.jpg (71KB, 509x512px) Image search: [Google]
kebab remover.jpg
71KB, 509x512px
Remove youkai

Human strong

youkai weak

soon to be gone forever
>>
>>17030831
>Sumireko is a shitty character
When will this meme opinion end?
>>
>>17030092
>Sumireko: I'm just so bored with society nowadays. All the latest trends and big hits are forced on us by corporations, the TV shows and games people call "masterpieces" are just designed to pander to the nostalgia of middle-aged men, universities and workplaces are all about "maintaining stability," and the only thing that matters to today's youth is peace and quiet. And yet on top of all of that, the social networks used by today's students are a bunch of surveillance tools used for bashing other people's sensibilities. It's unbelievable to me that someone would find this world exciting. I'm so glad I started coming to Gensokyo, though. I feel like I've finally escaped from that gloomy, closed-off place! I've realized that just being alive is something to be happy about.
>Aya: I don't entirely follow, but I take it that things are tough in the outside world too.
>Sumireko: Well, when I put up a bunch of posts and photographs about my experiences in Gensokyo everyone just blocked me though. (laugh)

>Sumireko: Heh heh~, thank you ever so much. I'm gonna enjoy my Gensokyo life as much as I can from here on out, too. By the way, I kind of posted all over my social network accounts about how wonderful Gensokyo is, but uh, I'm guessing that wasn't a great idea? Although, I mean, nothing really came of it besides the occasional troll message like "oh god get this creepy cultist shit off my TL" or "lmao look @ this girl's RP account, TOTAL cringe". They didn't even let me have a flame war or anything! (laugh)
>Aya: ...I'm not sure if those are good things or not, but as a fellow information sender, I feel like I can relate (laugh).
>>
>>17036033
There could be cute girls posting from Gensokyo RIGHT NOW on the internet, and you're dismissing them as chuu2 faggots pretendin.
>>
>>17030092
>children can make whole collections of youkai.
yokai watch right?
>>
>>17030092

If it weren't for the spellcard rules she would be dead a hundred times over
>>
>>17037792
that's true for 99% of gensokyo's populace, why do you think it was established
>>
>>17037792

That may be true but she's got a GUN.
>>
>>17030092
>Was she right?
The Fact that Everyone in Gensokyo only response to her speech was to screech Autistically and fight her makes her right by default.
>>
>>17036033
>and games people call "masterpieces" are just designed to pander to the nostalgia of middle-aged men
Is this a translation error or what the hell did she mean by this?
>>
>>17041820
Write to Bunbunmaru Shinbun and ask for clarification!
>>
>>17042171
>Dear Bunbunmaru Newspaper Editor,
>In a recent interview conducted by you, the interviewee mentioned games which were considered masterpieces because they were designed to pander middle-aged man nostalgia. I would like to ask for clarification as to what exactly the interviewee meant by this as I couldn't really understand it.
>Thanks for taking the time to read this letter even if you choose not to reply.
>Signed, Anonymous.
>PS: Do you have wings? Asking for a friend.

Is this good enough? I've never done this before.
>>
>>17042209
Sounds good, send it to the youkai mountain and pray.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm surprised there's no mailman (mailgirl?) Touhou.
>>
jesus christ looks like im going to have to beat up this fucking dork again
>>
>>17043544
You can't beat up someone with telekinesis and fire powers. She could give you a remote wedgie if you tried.
>>
File: psa_3.png (166KB, 600x381px) Image search: [Google]
psa_3.png
166KB, 600x381px
Is sumireko the next shrine maiden whether she wants to be or not?
>>
>>17042209
Aya would write back, asking how you got a hold of that interview because AFiEU was never published.
>>
>>17042641
Tengu deliver the newspapers themselves by smashing your window
>>
>>17043713
>She could give you a remote wedgie if you tried.
That's all the more reason to try!
>>
>>17043776
Crap, she'll know I go through her trash!
>>
>>17043790
Well yeah, but who delivers the actual mail? As in letters. We know it's a thing in Gensokyo because we've seen Akyuu receive one once, and there's that chapter about love letters in Forbidden Scrollery.
>>
>Like her because she looks cute and her basic profile is interesting
>Go deeper with her personality
>May as well be a tumblr poster
God dammit
>>
File: 1480302887471.jpg (55KB, 636x456px) Image search: [Google]
1480302887471.jpg
55KB, 636x456px
>>17044154

>I went to a magical realm and these legendary characters all tried to fight me
>I won of course, heh heh
>Now they're my friends and think I'm the coolest
>I can go there whenever I want

>>Why are they unfriending me

>>>quoted from Sumireko's blog and mind, respectively

Pic of first Lunar war
>>
>>17041820
You know all those SO RETRO pixel art indie games and shitty old fashioned RPGs?
>>
>>17044420
Nobody ever calls those "masterpieces", though.
>>
>>17043970
The human village have their own youkai-free delivery service. The service for youkais are probably provided by tengu. Obviously, important youkais do not rely on it because they have their own servants. Moriya shrine handles human-to-youkai (and reverse) letters. People used to ask Hakurei shrine maiden for that, but Reimu is too lazy, so people were eager to switch to Moriya once they appeared. Moriyas agreed because faith.
>>
>>17046048
Everyone hypes them up like they're the hottest shit to hit the planet every time one comes out. In Japan, DQ and Zelda get called masterpieces for sure. Even Touhou itself is just bunch of games of a dead genre designed to appeal to people who like archaic video games.
>>
File: GETOUT.png (49KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
GETOUT.png
49KB, 200x200px
>>17046414
I don't give a fuck about the number of polygons in games, resolution and other trendy shit, so what? Return to /v/, press-X-to-win fan, it's your natural habitat after all. In /v/ you can discuss your favourite games, Crysis and Heavy Rain.
>>
>And what is this path? This meaning, this purpose to which we gather the skulls of the youkai? It is nothing. There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder. We kill. It is mindless savagery, this universe is mindless!
>>
>>17046444
The fuck are you on about?
>>
>>17044167
I love you, /tg/.
>>
>>17046506
There's nothing wrong with games not being the pinnacle of hardware capabilities, that's what I'm saying.
Being retro-styled doesn't automatically makes game a masterpiece, but it doesn't mean that such a game couldn't be a masterpiece.
Simply put, there's no relation between quality of a game and technologies used in it. And there's no relation between quality of a game and the time passed. If the game was good in 2000, it's still good in 2017 and will be good in 9999.
>>
>>17046634
What's your autism have to do with the subject at hand though? Did you even back read, or did you just hop in and start acting like a retard? Go read. >>17036033 >>17041820

Were you trying to RP an argument with Sumireiko or something?
>>
>>17046414
Okay, I think that's fair enough.
>>
>>17046730
Your post looked too hateful. It's fun to derail a thread a little.
What other reason do you need?
>>
>>17046394
I like your headcanon, I'm stealing it.
>>
File: 50472746_p0.png (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
50472746_p0.png
55KB, 500x500px
human stronk youkai bad
>>
Why don't the residents of Gensokyo just feed Sumireko to the youkai instead of trying to deal with all the problems she causes?
>>
>>17048766
Because that'd make sense
>>
>>17048766
>instead of trying to deal with all the problems she causes?
All zero of them? Darned secondaries.
>>
File: mooncunt.png (75KB, 1250x401px) Image search: [Google]
mooncunt.png
75KB, 1250x401px
>>17046446
>>
>>17049019
The dream soul shenanigans and the humaning away were both her fault.
>>
>>17049700
>a whooping two troubles
Man, I wouldn't want to see your opinion on Remilia or the fairies or the Moriya Shrine.
>>
>>17049700
>>17051451
That's the same problem, it just got bigger. Not only does Sumireko have no idea that it's happening, Reimu has said that someone else might be behind her ability to dream-travel in the first place.
>>
>>17036033
>Hi I'm ZUN's personal mouthpiece

I'm just hoping she's fucking gone soon as this is kinda pretty shameful that he's pretty much made her into a soapbox character for his views.
>>
>>17051478
They should just kick Doremy in the ass to fucking make sure Sumireko can't get in.

Say you'll give the baku a buncha chopped up fruit. That's what tapir like I think.
>>
>>17051490
I thought Rinnosuke was ZUN's personal mouthpiece. And Rinnosuke called her a hypocrite.
>>
>>17030092
Haha nope! She talks big but she's as dumb as Amerifats.

She can't even comprehend how fucked the Outside is. Her mindset is what is killing everything and leads to so many atrocities!
>>
>>17051751
A bunch of characters (Kanako, Yukari, Hecatia, Kourin...) share ZUN's ideas and he's always put them in the series.
It's just shitposting.
>>
>>17051490
Look at this fuckin' secondary.

Rinnosuke is ZUN's mouthpiece and like anon said, he called her a stuck-up bitch.
>>
>>17049700
>>17051478
>>17048766
>>17051502
Yukari said to Kasen that what was happening with Sumireko and the humaning away was helpful to her.
Probably cause it causes more fear and confusion among the humans in the village.
>>
>>17051451
The one I was replying to said she caused zero problems, which is factually incorrect. Other characters causing more problems is irrelevant; that's just backpedaling.

>>17051490
>>17051751
How do you folks even read the series without realizing how often ZUN inserts his own musings into whatever characters and contexts fit the best?
>>
>>17059574
And the post that post was replying to was implying Sumi was some sort of huge issue when that's also factually incorrect. Now fuck off.
>>
>>17061483
>And the post that post was replying to was implying Sumi was some sort of huge issue when that's also factually incorrect
I never said otherwise. If you think I have to agree with the first guy just because I criticized the second guy you have another thing coming. Maybe they (you) can fuck off and try not arguing against falsehoods with other falsehoods.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.