[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how important to Gensokyo is Reimu? Is she and her accompanying

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 256px-Th075reimu01.png (76KB, 256x250px) Image search: [Google]
256px-Th075reimu01.png
76KB, 256x250px
So how important to Gensokyo is Reimu? Is she and her accompanying friends in all the game really the only ones capable of solving incidences? And why does Yukari hang around her, or paired up with her?
>>
It's a shrine maiden's job to solve incidents just like it's a youkai's job to bother humans. Most of the others that go have their own reasons.

Yukari and Reimu/Hakurei shrine maidens have similar powers, being able to manipulate boundaries. Yukari's is more the concept of boundaries of any type but Reimu can twist space together and manipulate magical barriers. They also represent the ends of the spectrum in that way, Yukari literally being named Violet and Reimu being associated with red.
>>
>>17002401
Wonder if maybe the Hakurei line and Yukari have some connection as to why the shrine maidens have that ability. Maybe Reimu and Yukari could be related?
>>
>>17002424
I think theories like that are dumb. The Hakurei are in charge of maintaining the gensokyo barrier. Whatever power lets them control it is why Reimu can manipulate space and barriers. Yukari was somehow involved in the establishment of the barrier/sectioning off of Gensokyo, so maybe she has some cause in them gaining that kind of power, but he has the power to manipulate any kind of boundary, and as such her power covers the Hakurei type of power.
>>
>>17002424
I think there is a strong possibility that Yukari is Hakurei God. After all she always hangs out at the Shrine, she always help Reimu, and yeah, plenty of other things. For example, during her PCB extra dialog she mentions the "Beautiful Hakurei Shrine", like if she was proud of it. In SA she herself turn the Yin-yang orbs into communication devices, like if she knew how they work. She also have those yin-yang orbs on her dress. It's just another Touhou theory but it does make sense.
>>
>>17002864
But we know for a fact that the Hakurei god is angry with Reimu because she barely gets visitors and donations and she doesn't even know anything about the god herself
>>
Because we don't know of any other Hakurei I think what Aya may be implying at the end of SSiB about having to find another one is that anyone would do as long as they're worthy.

So there need not be a Hakurei line necessarily and Hakurei could just be an adopted name/title of sorts. So Reimu could have just had an affinity for it, barriers, borders and junk and was put into the role.

Without someone to maintain the shrine and the barrier it may fall into ruin and harm Gensokyo, but really anyone well-versed in the barrier and with the ability could do it. youkai like Yukari, Ran, another sage, or the Hakurei miko. Having someone else like a miko do all the busywork is just easier.

Reimu serves Gensokyo as barrier miko, general incident solver, and balancer. Yukari is more or less her boss and occasionally drops by with some on the job training. That's all. No relation needed save for handing down any lessons or abilities.
>>
>>17002885
>I think what Aya may be implying at the end of SSiB about having to find another one is that anyone would do as long as they're worthy.

It's simpler to assume Reimu isn't the last living member of her family, just the one who is stuck at the shrine.

>>17002864
>In SA she herself turn the Yin-yang orbs into communication devices, like if she knew how they work.
In retrospect, it's questionable how she can even interact with them without dying.
>>
>>17002885
>So Reimu could have just had an affinity for it, barriers, borders and junk and was put into the role.
Maribel for next Hakurei shrine maiden!
>>
File: tumblr_njei6jMoEY1rw29u3o1_1280.jpg (315KB, 1280x799px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njei6jMoEY1rw29u3o1_1280.jpg
315KB, 1280x799px
>>17002885
If Reimu dies suddenly a new Shrine Maiden would be choosen to respect the tradition. Since Reimu has no children, the new Shrine Maiden would probably be chosen among volunteers of the human community. Since they are like sisters and she is probably one of the best humans for Danmaku fighting, it's probable that Marisa takes the red and white clothes, becoming Marisa Hakurei. Since the brutal loss of her best friend would affect her deeply, it's probable that she becomes a really serious miko, solving incidents brutally with powerful, deadly attacks. She would maybe be more popular than Reimu toward the humans, and less to the Yokai community, bringing a dark age of oppression to the Gensokyo we know and love. But I definitely would like to see Marisa in Shrine Maiden clothes.
>>
>>17002864
Not even going to mention the best evidence? Well then, allow me. Yukari literally claims ownership of the shrine in SWR, and her actions against Tenshi back this up. She could have just kicked Tenshi back to heaven, but she had to blow up the defiled shrine in the process. Can't be having with any other wannabe gods, you know.
>>
>>17002196
>And why does Yukari hang around her, or paired up with her?

Read Forbidden Scrollery, if you control the Hakurei Shrine you basically control Gensokyo.
>>
>>17003542
>bringing a dark age of oppression to the Gensokyo we know and love
My youkaidar is pinging
>>
>>17002864
Didn't Yuyuko outright said Yukari wasn't nearly powerful enough to maintain something as big as the Hakurei Barrier?
>>
>>17002196
Reisen solved an incident last game.

Most people can, it's just that it's Reimu's JOB to do so.
>>
>>17002864
>strong possibility
More like zero possibility. We know that it's a separate entity and that it's mad as hell about its lazy shrine maiden.
>>
>>17002196

Reimu is merely the first line of defense and in many games the incidents could have been solved without her, but for really big things being able to turn invincible is a really big asset, so you can't say she isn't the best equipped to do her job.
>>
>>17004729
>it's mad as hell about its lazy shrine maiden.
This bit's confirmed, yes.
>We know that it's a separate entity
This bit isn't, since we know all of dick about its identity. All we know is that it manifests in the Yin-Yang Orbs.
>>
>>17004801
We also know an evil spirit took the shrine before so the Hakurei kami isn't a big deal.
>>
File: P03iAd3.jpg (122KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
P03iAd3.jpg
122KB, 666x666px
>>17004706

She said she didn't think Yukari was powerful enough to create it on her own.

But that was Yuyuko, in an article written by Akyuu, in a book Yukari edited.

ZUN directly says her boundary manipulation is limitless and can affect anything but she doesn't use full power for narrative purposes in SCoOW, which is written from ZUN perspective and not character perspective.

It also explicitly says Yukari created the fantasy-reality barrier in the Gensokyo info article, which is separate from the Hakurei barrier. The Hakurei barrier is just the physical space distortion that acts like map edges around Gensokyo, check the "two barriers" section.

This has been your friendly neighborhood Yukariposter.

https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Strange_Creators_of_Outer_World/Who%27s_Who_of_Humans_%26_Youkai_in_Gensokyo/Yukari_Yakumo,_Ran_Yakumo,_and_Chen
>>
>>17007760
And that shit is also very vague, considering in the SAME GODDAMN MAGAZINE that ZUN says YUUKA is the most powerful being in Gensokyo.

So SHUT THE FUCK UP with your stupid 'All-powerful Yukarin~' meme.
>>
File: Hagiyoshi.jpg (20KB, 507x283px) Image search: [Google]
Hagiyoshi.jpg
20KB, 507x283px
>>17002196
>how important to Gensokyo is Reimu?
Important enough for her to let me stick her with my dick.
>>
>>17007862

But he doesn't say that in SCoOW, and all the other magazines are written from a character perspective.

SCoOW came out after LoLK as well.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.