[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's get a doujin game thread going on. What are you guys

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 46

Let's get a doujin game thread going on. What are you guys currently playing? Any recommendations? Any translation complaints about nisa or xseed butchering touhou? Non touhou games allowed as well!
>>
File: 200 floors.jpg (200KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
200 floors.jpg
200KB, 1200x675px
I have about 800 floors left.
>>
File: ScreenSelector.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenSelector.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>16963162
>Any translation complaints
Oh, I thought this was a real doujin game thread. I don't play translated ones if I can help it, only ones fresh from doujin events.

You should go play Yurikago no Sora before it gets translated and ruined, if it hasn't already. I'm working on bringing myself to finish games from the last couple years of comikets, because I haven't for some reason. I really like Cambria Sword's theme. Something about the game I don't especially like, but it's refreshing to see a horizontal STG. Haven't really had anything good in that genre since the days of Exception, Trouble Witches, and Diadra Empty.

In Touhou game, Touhou Legion was pretty interesting. Not sure what it was based on but it was kinda fun to play. I also need to look back into pic related and see if it was finished. It's not really a game though, so much as a fairy simulator similar to Osaka sim, Shuffle House, and that Lucky Star one.

I really like ero platformers too, but those have been nearly dead lately, but Repure Aria 2 should be making progress towards coming out soon and save the genre for a while.
>>
File: img_1.jpg (81KB, 827x479px) Image search: [Google]
img_1.jpg
81KB, 827x479px
Touhou Gensou Maroku
>>
>>16963300
>>16963300
I used to play a lot of untranslated games but I kept slacking with my moonrunes and I gave up. I need to start learning japanese again someday but it's hard to get motivated.
>>
>>16963624
How is playing a game not motivating enough? Are you not playing games that rely on text enough?
>>
File: fucking moon rabbits.jpg (594KB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
fucking moon rabbits.jpg
594KB, 1920x2160px
I was having a lot of fun with this game then THIS happened. How much more story content does this game have? Is there any easy way to cheese all these shitty gimmick dungeons or do I just have to keep wasting hours at hoping I get good rng. I'm honestly about to drop this game because I don't want to put 20 hours into shitty gimmick content.

The gear grind is the best part of this game and the developers are so eager to throw it out the window and force you to do stupid shit all too much.
>>
>>16963300
I can't read moon and my main interest in doujin games is the story so I tend to avoid untranslated games if they are plot heavy.
>>
>>16964159
Just learn moon then. Once you learn hiragana and katakana, all you need is basic grammar mastery, a grammar guide, and a online dictionary. You'll easily learn the more you need to actually use Japanese skills. Unless you're happy with "yayifications" type translations.
>>
>>16963257
What game?
>>
>>16963257
The 1000 floor boss is a true nightmare
Spoiler: They summon the bosses from the 300-900 floors at level 1000 to aid them.
>>
>>16964215
Sorry not floor 300 but 500, but still
>>
>>16964177

Not included: the headaches from trying to parse japanese sentences in your first few months.

But yeah, it's rewarding after a few more months of effort. I'm able to understand doujin songs more and thus able to appreciate them more.
>>
>>16964238
>I'm able to understand doujin songs more and thus able to appreciate them more.

The more I understand Japanese otaku related songs, the more I tend to hate them. I don't like doujin vocal music, but I imagine it'd be like 20 times worse.
>>
>>16963961
If you beat that set of dungeons and the one that unlocks right after it you finally unlock the best dungeons in the game and are almost at the 1000 floor dungeon. Many of those dungeons are also not as annoying as they first seem. I beat all those 99 floor dungeons without many trouble. Just remember that you can retry the floor you are on if you reset the game right after you die.

Be careful about that Trap Maniac dungeon though. It is the last one of those I beat and it is a good contender for worst dungeon in the game. 20 floors seems fast and easy but you get absolutely no weapons or armor in it.

>>16964204
Genso Wanderer
>>
>>16965141
Trap Maniacs is a pain in the ass but the easiest way to just skip most of it is to try stocking up on Yukari traps by triggering more Tewi traps to fill the floor with them.
>>
File: 1493825800630.png (3MB, 1500x1283px) Image search: [Google]
1493825800630.png
3MB, 1500x1283px
>>16963162
Are you faggots ready for the 2hu doujin game of the decade?
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31145910
>>
>>16965141
I think I need to take a break from the game, I just keep getting hit with rng that forces me to restart the entire dungeon with everything I do. I havn't had this much fun in a game in a long time but bunny land just ruined it all for me. I can't even recommend this game to a friend anymore after the amount of bullshit this game just decides to throw at you for no reason.
>>
File: It's been one of those days.jpg (12KB, 310x238px) Image search: [Google]
It's been one of those days.jpg
12KB, 310x238px
I thought using Yorihime's Sword as a final weapon for reincarnation would be cool but the drop rate is so fucking low. I don't want to use that moon rabbit sword like all the japs are doing.
>>
>>16965191
I forget, but wasn't there a set number of these they were planning to make?
>>
File: 1493826023040.png (2MB, 1740x991px) Image search: [Google]
1493826023040.png
2MB, 1740x991px
>>16966390
Yes, this is the the 4th and last game.
>>
>>16966493
Thought so.

Neat. Come to think of it, still have to finish the first
>>
I'm going to try to go through the bunny land dungeons. I'm streaming on twitch so if anybody wants to backseat game me I will appreciate the encouragement.
>>
>>16963162
Why is Futo so stupid?
>>
How are The Genius of Sappheiros and Puppet Dance Performance? After looking around these two interested me the most.
>>
>>16969189
They are fun.
>>
>>16969189
I've only played GoS but its very good if you like challenging rpgs.
>>
There was this one game that looked similar to DQ1/2/3 and FF1/2/3. It was styled on 8-bit graphics too. Anyone knows which one is it that I'm talking about?
>>
>>16969256
Eastland saga?
>>
>>16969189
I quite like PDP. Still need to finish it though
>>
>>16969274
That's the one. Thank you very much.
>>
>>16965191
Why no Taoists?
>>
Well I managed to do the trap dungeon but the 99 floor ones where I cant bring my items really screw me over with rng. Those fullscreen tenshi attacks are just flat out broken. It took me around 3 hours to get to floor 90 just for the entire run to end due to something I couldn't even counter. Taking damage from an enemy across the map where I never saw once is really unfair.
>>
File: 5d364ef563f08eebe77255fc4ed8b61c.jpg (532KB, 850x1100px) Image search: [Google]
5d364ef563f08eebe77255fc4ed8b61c.jpg
532KB, 850x1100px
>>16969608
Because Taoists are shit.
>>
>>16970454
There are only a few ways to deal with Tenshi in a dungeon that does not allow you to brng any items. Either throw a last moment exterminator at her, make a potion that gives you float or if you can't do either of those, reset the floor until the RNG puts the exit right in your starting room.

It's really stupid. Having Tenshi and either Sanae or Kogasa in the same room can make the floor pretty much unplayable because Tenshi will spam her ranged move twice every step you take.
>>
>>16970569
the dungeon doesn't have any crafting at all so the odds of finding any of that stuff is pretty low.
>>
>>16970582
Time to play the reset game because Xseed put things into their game without thinking about how they can effect the gameplay in a negative way. At lest it wasn't a huge pandemonium room filled with Flandre who will kill you in 2 turns every time.
>>
File: magma.jpg (157KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
magma.jpg
157KB, 1200x1200px
Talk about a drop on difficulty, the boss on floor 300 is so damn weak compared to the earlier bosses. I think all of his attacks count as danmaku or explosions, which gets negated to almost nothing by armor. His best move, which he rarely uses, deals 2500 damage and even that is a joke since Okuu has 14000+ health.

Only problem is that he takes almost no damage, even from weapons with 400+ damage.
>>
>>16970632
yes I was resetting, but resetting doesn't magically make rooms easier.
>>
>>16972430
It actualy moves the goal around in many room layouts which can make it spawn right next to you.
>>
>>16972437
Well I've never been that lucky I guess. I must have reset around 30+ times for one room because I didn't want to start over but I just kept getting destroyed by tenshi.
>>
>>16972443
It does not work on some floors for some reason. Sometimes you can only cause the enemies to move start at other spawn points and sometimes you can change nothing.

Might be related to the layout of the floor.
>>
Will Skydrift ever get cracked?
>>
>>16973185
Isn't the only thing that needs to be cracked the online DRM?
>>
>>16969189
>The Genius of Sappheiros
Fun when it plays fair

Very goddamn bullshit when it doesn't

It's definitely worth a play, though

>>16973185
Is the netcode even good?
>>
>>16973230
>Isn't the only thing that needs to be cracked the online DRM?
Yeah.
>>
>>16964253

There was this musical-like album called その日私は空を見上げた. At first listen I only liked the melody but when I sat down to try to understand it, I started loving it more when I discovered that it was about the Kappa accidentally building and detonating a nuke .
>>
File: wat.png (540KB, 596x617px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
540KB, 596x617px
>my main interest in doujin games is the story
I hope you aren't talking about Touhou doujin games.
>>
Whoops, >>16973895 is intended for >>16964159

Also, that basically only RPGs ever get discussed in these threads saddens me.
>>
>>16973903
You know, you could always bring up some non-RPG that you want to talk about.
>>
>>16974041
I have. Several times. Based on the results most of the people that post in these threads only play RPGs.
>>
you can easily get addicted and dump a lot of time into rpgs, a lot of touhou doujin games are clones of other games but done really "poorly". They aren't bad games but its hard to get heavily invested in the game vs an rpg. I wouldn't mind talking about non rpgs games its just the only other ones I've played are mostly platformers and not that exciting.
>>
>>16963162
>>16963257
I wish this game had an english version on PC. What the hell was NISA doing localizing a roguelike exclusively on console when 90% of the roguelike demographic is on PC?

Oh wait, I know exactly what they were thinking: 50 dollars for a 3 year old fangame.
>>
>>16974998
or you could just not be act like a total EOP and download the game on PC
>>
>>16974998
I don't think NISA can localize it for pc, at least not under the current terms. Localizing doujin games for pc would be a really great idea for pc by xseed or NISA but I'm not sure how receptive the japanese developers are. Atleast with the ps4 games sony is putting all the money up for the developers to do what they want and NISA/xseed are just taking what they can get.
>>
>>16974998
Their choice of games to translate is pretty weird in general. Their next game is some really old figthing game that pretty much only has characters from EOSD.

Instead of picking something like Sky Arena that might actually be fun, they just pick the most random old games.
>>
>>16975015
I'm reluctant to grind my way through this game in japanese for the exact same reason none of the Fushigi games have been translated despite being quite popular.
>>
>>16975073
yeah sky arena is the only good fighting game aside from the official games. I think 14.5 would get a lot of attention if it got picked up for a western release but tasofro is probably really against that.
>>
>>16974972
I'm not >>16973903 (I am >>16963300 though), but RPGs bore me to treats. I can't even play non doujin ones anymore. I never understood what there was to talk about with these touhou ones. "Yeah this boss was so hard, I had to grind all day to get enough levels to beat it"? I don't think I've ever seen story discussion.

I don't get the dislike of platformers. It's a simple way to make a game fun. I do dislike all the Mario and Megaman clones though. And especially the CV1 clones. Castlevania 1 is a shit game with nothing good about it. Not old non-metroidvania CVs in general, just 1 in particular. Gensokyo no Nazo or whatever was fun though, Mystical Chain was fun, and such.

(non 2hu of course)STG are hit or miss. They're way more common than platformers and way more tired. Also since they're easy to make, they're easy to make shitty. They also rarely have anything to discuss unless they're like Hellsinker or something.

Like I mentioned, I like ero platformers, since for some reason they tend to be fun, but every other sort of ero action game always seem to be complete shit in both gameplay and ero. And so most games end up just being RPG maker games with image sets.
The RPG maker adventure game craze seems over too, speaking of RPG maker games.

Is Black Maria Overdrive a copy of something? I'd have liked a longer version of that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyATGbagZA0
>>
File: wolverine.jpg (151KB, 459x700px) Image search: [Google]
wolverine.jpg
151KB, 459x700px
I think I found the weirdest translation in Genso Wanderer. One of the types of floors you can find only has enemies than can explode. In japan, that floor is called 地雷原. In the english version, it's called Jiraigen. It's quite literally Minefield but they just didn't want to go with that for some reason.
>>
>>16975256
Nisa's in top form if that's the weirdest thing you've found.
>>
File: 1361129066349.png (157KB, 478x491px) Image search: [Google]
1361129066349.png
157KB, 478x491px
Why is Genso wanderer and Double Focus not on steam?
>>
File: okay with.jpg (53KB, 280x271px) Image search: [Google]
okay with.jpg
53KB, 280x271px
>>16972335
Tried the boss again with even better weapons and I still do almost no damage. Now I taped down the X button and let the game play itself. The boss has absolutely no way of killing me so it's just a matter of time before I win the war of endurance. This is a really stupid way to play this game but whatever.
>>
File: 300 floors.jpg (139KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
300 floors.jpg
139KB, 1200x675px
>>16976015
Finally won. Over 30 minutes of the game attacking the boss by itself until he died.
>>
>>16973185
If you can link me to the game in question I can try doing it (no promises though). Are there any other doujin games still uncracked I can look at?
>>
>>16975148
>I do dislike all the Mario and Megaman clones though. And especially the CV1 clones. Castlevania 1 is a shit game with nothing good about it. Not old non-metroidvania CVs in general, just 1 in particular.

Damn dude, I completely agree. But there's way more Megaman clones than Mario clones, Japan has an unhealthy obsession with that series of extremely varied quality(some of the Megaman games are just complete shit). I don't mind Castlevania clones, as long as they clone the good parts of the games.

>Gensokyo no Nazo or whatever was fun though, Mystical Chain was fun, and such.

Gensokyo no Nazo crashes whenever I try to make it fullscreen. Any tips?

>(non 2hu of course)STG are hit or miss. They're way more common than platformers and way more tired. Also since they're easy to make, they're easy to make shitty. They also rarely have anything to discuss unless they're like Hellsinker or something.

This is true.

>The RPG maker adventure game craze seems over too, speaking of RPG maker games.

I'd say nothing of value was lost.
>>
File: a bar on mother's day.png (19KB, 1004x442px) Image search: [Google]
a bar on mother's day.png
19KB, 1004x442px
>>16976730
>Gensokyo no Nazo crashes whenever I try to make it fullscreen. Any tips?

Nevermind, I'm retarded. Forget to uncheck read-only in the folder.
>>
File: Kamio Recoil 1.jpg (224KB, 800x1137px) Image search: [Google]
Kamio Recoil 1.jpg
224KB, 800x1137px
I've been playing a lot of Kamio Recoil. It's an action game without a move button; you can only move around with the recoil of your gun. And because your ammo is also your health, it means you have to put a lot of thought into each shot.
>>
>>16976949
You might like this game too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiPQQbUjvYk

>But there's way more Megaman clones than Mario clones,
I'm not sure, a lot of platformers are vaguely Mario like, plus there was that whole super hard Mario/Mario clone scene.

>Japan has an unhealthy obsession with that series of extremely varied quality(some of the Megaman games are just complete shit).
It's really weird, it's like how the west/America is obsessed with Sonic. Incidentally, I don't think I've ever seen a Sonic inspired Japanese doujin game, except maybe one that had a vs mode that was similar to the vs mode race in Sonic 2. I think it was actually based on something else though that I can't remember at the moment.
>>
>>16976730
>Japan has an unhealthy obsession with that series
You're fucking joking, right?
>>
>>16977592
It is the most taken after for doujin platformers if it's not mario or cv.
>>
I'm getting really discouraged with genso wanderer. I keep getting screwed over and placed into impossible floors that make me reset runs a few hours in every time. The no item/unid dungeons are a terrible gimmick. What's even worse is that they dont even tell you the gimmick behind a lot of gaps and theres no way you will ever find out due to constant resets and everything being unid.

Am I doing something wrong here or does this game just not want me to finish it?
>>
>>16978325
>The no item/unid dungeons are a terrible gimmick
I was tempted to be snarky here, but I'll let it slide for now.
In any case, are you actually having trouble IDing sukima? They're not that hard to figure out.
>>
File: stuck in hell.jpg (204KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
stuck in hell.jpg
204KB, 1200x675px
>Crimson Raven400 recovered 202591 HP!

I love this. I can deal about 11k damage every turn if I buff myself. After a few turns the boss heals back to full health. Meanwhile, I also heal myself back to full health every turn with my regular attacks. No one can win this fight.
>>
I think I've had enough of genso wanderer for good. I've had 5 of my 3+ hour runs on this no item/id dungeon all end on the game putting me into impossible rooms to complete. The game is really great with the dungeons that let you bring your items and craft. These stupid "nothing allowed" dungeons ruins the entire game and leaves everything to rng. I really want to get back to grinding my items but that's never going to happen because this game does not want me to finish this dungeon.

I'll probably just end up reselling this game because I really can't deal with the bullshit that this game forces you to do.
>>
I'm hoping the Aigis fangame 護るのです、王子 gets uploaded, not sure if it has been yet.
>>
File: itstime.jpg (478KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
itstime.jpg
478KB, 2048x1536px
>>16965191
Soon
>>
>>16979795
does anybody have a list of games coming out?
>>
>>16977209
man I loved LA. Why can't Daisessen make another one like it?
>>
File: C9XFG7mVYAESiFW.jpg (209KB, 800x1093px) Image search: [Google]
C9XFG7mVYAESiFW.jpg
209KB, 800x1093px
>>16979981
The only ones I know so far aside from the trials are:
Gensou Shoujo Taisen Yume
Remyadry(pic related which is also available on dlsite but it's kind of costly)
Yukari to Reimu no owaranai natsu
>>
>>16982153
Doesn't that artist usually draw porn? The artstyle looks really familiar. Maybe I am thinking about someone else.
>>
>>16982167
That guy? I really doubt it. The lewdest thing I've seen him draw was girls in underwear and lite yuri but he never went any further than this.
>>
>>16982153
dumb question but how can I buy things on DL site? I tried to buy tag duelist but it said I can't use that card so I assumed I needed a Japanese one
>>
>>16982210
Implying thats not porn.

To most people that shit is hotter than a full naked girl.
>>
>>16984132
Weird. I bought a game last week with my mastercard and it worked perfectly.

You could try buying some points on dlsite and then using them to buy your article.
>>
How do I git gud at Labyrinth of Touhou? The level up and skill point system is pretty confusing and I don't know if i"m allocating them properly or just fucking up my team.
>>
>>16975085
The game data is encrypted so us gaijin can't make translation patches.

>>16975375
Because Steam is a shitty platform PC gamers have to deal with. Put it up on GoG, melonbooks, or dlsite so we can actually keep the games we buy.
>>
>>16984788
First one? For level up bonuses you want to focus one stat exclusively, and it should be the one the character excels in. Except Komachi because she gets way too much HP even without it, do ATK for her.
For skill point bonuses, you want to concentrate on one area above the others, but also make sure to put in points to your defenses, both statistical and elemental. So for an attacker you'd have a high investment in their offensive stat and some investment in defenses. While for a tank you'd concentrate on their primary defense, and give their offensive stat and other defenses some points as well.
MP and EVA should never ever get skillpoints in the first game because you get plenty of MP as the game goes on and EVA is broken.
Skillpoints into speed are most useful in the midgame, as early on they don't affect the speed much, while lategame and postgame speed breakpoints get much much harder to reach.
>>
>>16984936
Nice. I have to actually restart the game now but atleast I have something to follow. Thanks man.
>>
File: the rage quitter.png (767KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the rage quitter.png
767KB, 1920x1080px
I really suck at this game, how do I do this?
>>
Would it be worth it to spend $70 Canuckbucks on Gensou Wanderer, or do I go wait for a discount?
>>
I was playing labyrinth of touhou 2 but i got stuck at that mandatory tenshi fight and quit
>>
>>16969189
I dropped GoS it when it split the party FF6 style; make sure you level 2 rosters' worth of characters.
Actually I might pick it back up; it's been years.
>>
>>16986728
GoS's main fault is that it doesn't warn you that you should level everyone equally, sure you can pick that idea up by seeing how ridiculous the level scaling gets but it's still something they should have hinted at some point.
In any case, I enjoy rotating my party members in RPGs so that wasn't an issue for me.
>>
GoS makes you split your party another time at the end to 3 groups. The game is really autistic when you get more indepth with the combat. It's enjoyable but its hard to enjoy casually.
>>
>>16986728
leveling characters is a matter of minutes thanks to scaling XP and commander spot
>>
>>16986901
This is extra dumb, because you literally only get enough girls to make two full teams.
>>
>>16987004
there's a lot of freedom there, it's up to you whether you make one or two death squads that clear out all three paths, or simply pick 4 touhous that work well together to make three groups. It's not that hard, especially in weekend.
>>
>>16985681
Hope you find a good weapon early on like the Feather Duster Thingy and that the RNG won't create any impossible to beat floors.
>>
>>16987084
I don't really understand the kappa and special gap thing. I know that throwing items at kappas will remove a seal on items but its not every item? Also whats the easiest way to identify gaps?
>>
>>16987119
I cleared the dungeon without using any gaps. No real reason to use them. Only way to identify them is to randomly find the item identifying spellcard.

Blonde kappa removes seals from whatever you threw at her and drops them on the ground if you kill her. Black haired kappa will fuse items that you threw at her but she is also quick to run away. Green kappa will fuse medicine but I never used her skill.
>>
>>16987133
How does the weapon fuse work, is it the first one she catches that she will upgrade? Can you throw multiple weapons? I really wish the dungeon let you have a partner atleast.
>>
>>16987142
First weapon is the base I think. Better to only ever throw 2 weapon at a time because the kappa loves to run away.
>>
>>16987147
thanks for the info. I'm enjoying the game a lot but I wish they wouldn't leave you in the dark with a lot of the weird dungeon stuff.
>>
>>16987004
The three-way split area isn't difficult if you know what you're doing well enough to make specialized parties for each region; stages 9 and 18 (as well as the final boss) are pretty much just tests to check if understand enough things about the game.
Speaking about GoS, did anyone try its Vita version out? How's Akyuu?
>>
>>16965316
This is why I stopped playing the gane after Boss Kokoro

I wanted the game to end on a high note for me.
>>
>>16986901
Like some anon already said, the three-party split is actually rather tame. You can just make a killer single party and clear out each path one by one so the other, weaker teams don't have to fight anything.
>>
>>16987133
Hatate enemies can also identify them or any of your items, especially lower ranked Taters. Just remembered that.
>>
>>16964215
How low have we gotten that we need to mark spoilered text "spoiler."
>>
>>16988352
how much more of the game is there after kokoro? Any extra story sequences?
>>
>>16993152
There are still a ton of dungeons to complete after Kokoro. The whole idea of weapon reincarnation does not even start until after Kokoro and won't come to it's full purpose until you unlock the 1000 floor dungeon. There is also some more story on the moon if you beat some dungeons.
>>
File: fire idol.png (291KB, 750x366px) Image search: [Google]
fire idol.png
291KB, 750x366px
>>16978429
Finally beat that boss. Had to get pretty much every buff I could get to finish it before it could heal itself to full. Even used that sake that doubles your damages against bosses but does not allow you to get a high score. Honestly, who even cares about high score, especially in that dungeon where get a new score every 20 floors anyway.
>>
>>16975090
Japs sure seem to hate money.
>>
Currently playing Yakouga 8. I'm trying to crack a world top 10 score which shouldn't be too difficult. It's a fun game. Does anyone have 6 or 7?
>>
An update for Genso Wanderer on console was released. I hope this fixes the random game crashes. I think the fact that Nitori can randomly pick up the level exit with her grabbing move would always crash the game.
>>
>>16998431
I've had nitori grab the exit on me a few times but never experienced a crash, I was playing on a pro if that makes any difference.
>>
>>16998642
It's mostly speculation about what causes the crashes since it seems to happen more often when big numbers if big Nitori's are around.
>>
File: futopeak.png (177KB, 900x843px) Image search: [Google]
futopeak.png
177KB, 900x843px
Wow the boss on floor 500 was just a dark version of Futo without any gimmicks. All she did was use regular attacks and throw plates. Won on my first try. Massive drop in difficulty compared to the previous boss who would just heal back to full health every other turn.
>>
>>16963162
Calling "Taishi-sama" Princess

If you stretch it, it makes sense, but somehow i am triggered by it.
>>
>>16999566
The 500-800 floor bosses are just partner characters.
>>
Is the LoT2 expansion disk translated yet?
>>
>>16999900
lol

That won't be done for a long while.
>>
File: kokoro unhappy stare.jpg (249KB, 788x950px) Image search: [Google]
kokoro unhappy stare.jpg
249KB, 788x950px
Speaking of LoT2 Plus Disk, there never was a patch that actually gives Kokoro any art for her shadow boss battle. Devs don't give a shit if you fight literally nothing when there should be a cute Kokoro.
>>
>>16966493
>not DDC or Lok characters
Meh
>>
>>17002332
They started working in the project in mid 2009, and creating the story around the same time UFO came out.
That's why there's no characters from any game that came after UFO.
>>
>>16986728
>>16986794
>>16986901
The difficulty drops when you split your groups, presumably so that you don't have to level everyone. I listened to /jp/ crying about this when I played it years ago and was quite annoyed when I realized it doesn't matter.

It does matter for the end boss but you can level shit much faster at the end.
>>
>>17004054
No you can't unless you spend a million years savescumming to get as many Yukkuri King encounters as possible
>>
I'm thinking about buying the dlc for gensowanderer, how are the dungeons in the game? Do they let you bring items? Do they add new weapons? Do you get to use the new characters/partners outside of their story?
>>
>>16963162
Lumia.
>>
>>17005758
I only have the playable Momiji downloaded and she really isn't any better than Reimu. In fact, she is probably worse since her danmaku has less use and her voice is more annoying.

I know that the other dlc lets you use Futo and Aya in the main game after you have done the dlc dungeons. Futo is often said to be better than Reimu because she can push enemies back with her danmaku.
>>
>>17005758
Futo's lets you play as Futo, and adds Tojiko as a partner. It's 7 dungeons long, and you're cut off from your prior items (as in, Futo has her own hub and items to gather from the dungeons) until you finish the story, but you can still exit it at anytime and go back to the regular game and items. So there's not really anything else to it.
The dungeons are pretty easy except for the last one which requires a small bit of grinding.

Aya's story is just 1 (main 21 floor and two other ones you unlock afterward) dungeon long and there's no access to Nito Fusion in it, with Momiji available as a partner. Main story items are cut off as well until its cleared. The main dungeon is easy throughout really, other two are basically post-game tier.

Futo is probably the most broken character in the game (unless I missed the memo and this is actually Reloaded, then keep using Sanae) because of her 10 point multi-plate skill. Allowing her to hit multiple enemies (sometimes igniting them on fire or poisoning them).
Not only that, sometimes it might even summon a UFO and damage all enemies in a room multiple times in a row (which is a great stroke of luck during a monster house). Her regular plate skill has a knockback effect.
Aya and Momiji are pretty meh to play as.
You can play as Futo and Aya and partner Tojiko and Momiji outside of the stories after you beat them.
>>
>>17005837
>>17005758
Actually I would say to hold on buying the DLC if you plan on getting the sequel, it's basically wanderer repackaged + its dlc + its own content.
>>
>>17005953
Have they said anything about the release yet? I know it's coming out but what about transfering saves/pricing and all that.
>>
>>17005966
I haven't been paying attention to the localization so I wouldn't really know, but yeah you can transfer saves between versions.
>>
File: flat.jpg (1MB, 1282x1007px) Image search: [Google]
flat.jpg
1MB, 1282x1007px
>>17004054
I just ran past everything during the 3 part split. The eintei split wasn't even a problem.
>>
File: ss_intro2.jpg (748KB, 1437x966px) Image search: [Google]
ss_intro2.jpg
748KB, 1437x966px
Has anybody gotten and tried pic related yet?
>>
Were any games that weren't STG or RPGs released at Reitaisai?
>>
File: futosmile.jpg (263KB, 530x688px) Image search: [Google]
futosmile.jpg
263KB, 530x688px
>>17005837
Sounds like only Futo has good dlc.
>>
>>16975148
>The RPG maker adventure game craze seems over

Niconico just added a game portal where people can port their RPG Maker games directly to the site/smartphones. RPGMaker let's plays easily get in the top 10.

Yeah, you're just out of the loop.
>>
>>17007319
I meant the "translate/make weird RPG maker games games like Yume Nikki" fad
>>
>>17006755
A lot of people are talking about this, I'm interested because of Millet Soup
>>
>>16963162
What are the newest translated doujin games?
>>
>>17007536
Hidden Star in Four Seasons Trial version
>>
>>17007617
Other than that?
>>
>>17007536
I'm not sure what the newest one is, maybe scarlet curiosity? Not many doujin games get translated at all and unfortunately moriya shrine is the only site that has a list of them. You'll find a lot of doujin games with translation guides but with no patch.
>>
>>17007723
Genso Wanderer probably.
>>
>>16963162
>>17005783
>Any translation complaints about nisa or xseed butchering touhou?
Even before NISA or Xseed translating, Touhou has been plagued by shoddy, dubious translating that people are STILL accepting.
If you have to complain about things like Lumia, don't ignore even worse ones such as Inchling, Flandre or Maribel.
>>
>>17009456
Those complaints aren't even remotely related. If all you can do is whine at names you aren't to be taken seriously.
>>
>>17009456
>Touhou has been plagued by shoddy, dubious translating that people are STILL accepting.
True, but the stuff you listed aren't the problem. There are huge mistakes, ones in old translations, that people still accept and quote regarding the characters.
>>
File: chensleep2.jpg (270KB, 689x689px) Image search: [Google]
chensleep2.jpg
270KB, 689x689px
I think I am going to take a break from Genso Wanderer for a while. I wanted to finish the 1000 floor dungeon but it's all so samey. Really burns you out. Especially since none of the regular enemies even remotely stand a chance. I am still curious what you get as a reward for actually beating it. There is absolutely no way that is is anything actually useful. Probably just more Reincarnation Scrolls, which you clearly do not need at that point anymore.
>>
>>17007723
http://store.steampowered.com/app/555630/A_Magical_High_School_Girl/ This maybe besides the ones listed.
>>
>>16984132
Buy it off melonbooks.com instead. They accept foreign credit cards.

http://www.melonbooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=IT0000194843
>>
...What is she holding? Is that even a weapon?
>>
Can anyone explain to me what the hell is up with Nightmare of Sleeping Girl? Theres no title screen or anything, it just jumps you right into the game.
>>
File: sleeping girls.png (917KB, 1030x793px) Image search: [Google]
sleeping girls.png
917KB, 1030x793px
>>17014698
There's a title screen if you have save data. But even then your only options are "continue" and "clear save data"
>>
when is NISA going to translate gensowanderer reloaded? I'm on the fence of buying the normal version but I really want to know if its going to be a full release or just a digital upgrade. I don't want to buy the same game twice.
>>
Does anyone have a download for Genius of Sappheiros? Please and thank you.
>>
>>17023949
it should be on moriya shrine somewhere.
>>
Alright guys, I finished Labryinth of Touhou 2, craving more of that RPG itch, Genius of Sappheiros or Genso Wanderer? Or are there any other translated RPGs worth checking out?
>>
>>17026071
>Genius of Sappheiros
this one
>are there any other translated RPGs
yeah and they're all shit
>>
File: dllhost_2017-04-25_19-16-32.jpg (47KB, 404x760px) Image search: [Google]
dllhost_2017-04-25_19-16-32.jpg
47KB, 404x760px
>>17026071
There's also gensowanderer if you have a ps4.
>>
>>17024631

Right, but the latest version is 3.01. I tried getting the update from the official site, but when I checked, it seemed to be removed. I downloaded 3.01 on some other site, but it extracted kind of weirdly and I'm not sure if I put it together right. Is 614 MB the right size for it or should I try again or just use 3.00?
>>
>>17029921

Never mind. I just did a little more digging and found the update. Sorry for taking up time and space with my stupidity.
>>
>>17029932
No problem. I highly recommend using a guide for this game if you dont want to start pulling your hair out. The game is very diverse with its group comps/builds and if you don't know what you are doing the game can give you a very rough time, especially on the boss fights. I tried playing blind at first but it just got too frustrating. I threw in the towel not even halfway in with the game to use a guide and I didn't regret it.

It's probably the best translated touhou rpg.
>>
Recently started playing Touhou 9 but it keeps crashing in the first stage. Does anyone now how to fix this?
>>
>>17030399
>using a guide
Why? Not everyone is a dumbass casual like you.

>>17030563
Play a better game.
>>
>>17031680
Are there any other PVP bullet hells that you would recommend over touhou 9?
>>
>>17031745
Not him, but try Acceleration of Suguri series and Senko no Ronde that it's a clone of.

There's also Twinkle Star Sprites which the Phantasmagoria games are clones of.
>>
>>17031745
Twinkle Star Sprites.
>>
>>17031680
playing GoS blind is not a very fun experience. it has nothing to do with being a "casual". The game is designed for very specific group comps and you will not have a very fun time if you blunder your way in to every fight.
>>
Oh man I never downloaded LoT2's plus disk before nyaa went down, and it's not up on the shrine. Where else can you download it?
>>
>>17032671
You don't need a guide to realize Iku is fucking you with electric-type magic-type attacks, and if you do then I don't know what to tell you.
>>
File: kasen.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kasen.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
I finally went back to go do Kasens trials to unlock her. Is she actually worth using in any dungeon? I've mostly been using Reisen becuase her bunny death squad can solo entire floors.
>>
>>17034252
Reimu has 100/100 tummy
>>
>>17034252
Okuu is the best partner.
>>
File: okuu.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
okuu.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>17035322
She's cute but I don't really see a reason taking her over the others.
>>
>>17035389
She powers up when there are a certain amount of enemies in the same room as her. This gives her regen, makes her immune to all status moves and allows her to spam room nukes or an attack that hits everything in a long line. She can also give you a shield to nullify enemy ranged moves. Her self buffs also last an absurd amount of time.

Pretty much the best character to use for bosses or tanking.
>>
>>17034252
Kasen is pretty meh, the best ones are definitely Kokoro (her buffs are good, especially that one that revives you if you die), Reisen for her rabbit squads, and Utsuho's for going nuclear.
>>
File: 4beaaddaf0f470421b37daf670b5070d.jpg (238KB, 942x1000px) Image search: [Google]
4beaaddaf0f470421b37daf670b5070d.jpg
238KB, 942x1000px
>>17036280
Aren't all of Kokoro's buffs random? Reisen almost always drops her bunny squad at the start of every floor. I'll try messing around some more with Kokoro I guess to see how often her buffs become useful.
>>
>>17037769
They're pretty random but there's always the chance of Kokoro doing the one that gives you health regen (temp) + an auto-life that lasts the entire floor
>>
What are some good HRPG or generally lewd doujin games?
>>
>>17037929
I don't know about HRPG, but typical Repure Aria and Lililim that this guy makes are good. http://repureria.blog.fc2.com/

These this Alice game that was pretty interesting for what it was https://game.nicovideo.jp/atsumaru/games/gm1838

And there's this RPG that's been being worked on for a while and gets updates every so often. http://www.maitora.net/main.html

There's also the stuff from UTG software that are usually "hard" games with cheesecake rewards. Example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czNxDDH0Rt8 from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch4rtrpt1tw&list=PLwgsfPNnTmD0V4AWr_ZrEjtk7BX2zImSO

I like http://www.melonbooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=IT0000183499 too as a just sorta lewd game. I like the artist in general too https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=7775

I think this was a pretty neat game too for what it was.
http://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ148967.html

This was also pretty neat and someone needs to make a version of it with more stages http://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ117559.html
>>
In gensowanderer can I craft a weapon with life leech? I think the seal is called cure. I've only been able to find it once but I couldn't keep it since I couldnt finish the dungeon.
>>
>>17033848
You also get tips on how to do boss battles better every time you die, so it's not too hard to figure things out as you play the game blindly. The only thing you really need to be aware of are the party splits, so keeping everyone leveled is essential (unless you want to waste a lot of time).
>>
File: despair.jpg (758KB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
despair.jpg
758KB, 1920x2160px
So this just happened. The last Bunnyland dungeon with no items or shields. Got a pandemonium floor with Flan on the 99th floor. She killed me in 1 turn with a fullscreen explosion no matter what I did. The only reason why I'm upset is because 99 floors takes 3 hours to do and its all gone because the game decided it didn't want me to win. Anybody else have any horror stories with this game?
>>
>>17045012
>waste a lot of time
see >>16987001
>>
File: WOth50p.png (775KB, 1286x745px) Image search: [Google]
WOth50p.png
775KB, 1286x745px
>>16982153
Has anyone gotten this to work? I downloaded the trial but the display is all fucked.

Does it only work on Windows 10?
>>
File: LEWD.png (350KB, 1286x748px) Image search: [Google]
LEWD.png
350KB, 1286x748px
>>17051898
You need to set your regional settings to japanese.
>>
>>17051977
They should be. I've never had any trouble with any other doujin games.
>>
>>17052162
Oh. It's "format", not just locale. Usually the latter is all that's necessary.
>>
>>16982167
Yeah, that's definitely Homura Subaru. He's a porn artist, he's even done nukige. When left to his own devices, he draws hardcore lesbian fucking and lactation.
>>
>>17037929
Milky Quest has somewhat interesting one-handed RPG gameplay and quite good sprite art. Some of the girls murder you if you lose to them, most do not. It's kinda like Monster Girl Quest with much simpler gameplay and story but much better art.
If you're into TS, then Zombie by YonYon is an RPG with math-based combat that's really quite interesting. It's freeware. I wouldn't recommend the sequel, Zombie R, but that's freeware too so you might as well try it.
If you've never played Vanguard Princess, you absolutely should. It's one of the best fighting games of all time. It has all kinds of unique systems, parries, an online scene, and it's 100% free. It has more pantyshots and better pantyshots than any other fighting game, hands down.
Excessm's ONE SHOTA is an shockingly good /ss/ beat-em-up with an incredibly satisfying counter system. It's worth playing for the gameplay alone.
Not doujin, but the best Alicesoft games if you're looking to lose some protein are DALK Gaiden and Dungeons and Dolls. Dalk Gaiden is a good hex-based 8-party member dungeon crawler. The story and character design are also pretty great, but unfortunately the CGs and H-scene writing is of variable quality. Dungeons and Dolls is the most one-handed RPG ever made and has a massive dress-up element. It requires next to no brainpower to play, and is very, very grindy.
If you lean towards gameplay more than H, the Rance series is more or less the best option. The best to start with is probably Sengoku Rance, which I personally consider to be the best RPG ever made, but you get one H-scene maybe every 5-10 hours and they aren't exactly world class. The rest of the series is just as lewd-light but the gameplay and H is worse; I'd only recommend them if you're interested in the overarching plot.
>>
File: meiling sama is cute.png (805KB, 1286x748px) Image search: [Google]
meiling sama is cute.png
805KB, 1286x748px
>>17006755
Yeah, the game is alright.

The two big issues I have with this game are that healers are fucking worthless later in the game since the gap between the healing you get, the damage you receive and the HP you have on higher levels is huge. My second issue is the attack priority. I feel like no matter what I equip, most of the enemies get a turn before I have the chance to do anything and that's fucking bullshit.
>>
>>17057485
In the pic? That's Satou Kibi.

As >>16982210 said, he doesn't do porn, just a small number of underwear pics.
>>
Is Touhou-A-Live any good? I recall it getting praise in older threads, but so did Touhou Mother and I couldn't stand those games
>>
File: 0da446c7c23cffeb5692a07cc79df967.jpg (129KB, 1029x1904px) Image search: [Google]
0da446c7c23cffeb5692a07cc79df967.jpg
129KB, 1029x1904px
Fushigi no Gensokyo, the very first one. I get my ass kicked on floor 14 every time I get there. Any tips?
>>
>>17057485
>Yeah, that's definitely Homura Subaru
uh no
>>
>>17059437
Touhou-A-Live is pretty good compared to Touhou Mother. However, I'd suggest you play Live-A-Live before you play this if you haven't already.
>>
>>17058468

sanae has a black eye. someone fucked her up!
>>
>>17057911
I like pairing healer sub with samurai main for the crazy crits, and the after battle heal is at least percentage based. Though, I agree that enemies seemingly always having initiative is vexing.

I really wish this game was more Wizardry than just Wizardry jokes: the game featuring touhou.
I will admit though, that said jokes and the banter in general were what kept me from fully regretting spending time on this. And the art I guess.
>>
So in gensowanderer I finished all the bunnyland dungeons and unlocked the statue ones. What do I do in the game? Do I keep doing these bullshit gimmick dungeons? Is there anything left in the game to do? I really want to farm endgame gear but pretty much every dungeon is no items. 80 hours into the game and I think I'm finally just going to drop it.
>>
Did anyone play this? It's not porn but it looks interesting.
http://www.dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ198072.html
>>
Genso wanderer mostly just devolves into bullshit gimmick dungeons after you're done with everything else, yeah.

The 2k floor dungeon exists to satisfy the gear grinding desires, but beyond that it definitely doesn't have an indefinite shelf life.
>>
File: sakuya.jpg (184KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sakuya.jpg
184KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: scarlet curiosity.png (341KB, 336x403px) Image search: [Google]
scarlet curiosity.png
341KB, 336x403px
I decided to get this on ps4 since I enjoyed it on pc. It has some minimal improvements like different graphics/ui and new music in certain places. I haven't ran into any new content yet but if you enjoyed the pc version this is fun.
>>
File: Gensokyo no Nazo.png (270KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Gensokyo no Nazo.png
270KB, 640x480px
The auto saving in this game is so bullshit sometimes.
>>
File: Iku magic.webm (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Iku magic.webm
2MB, 800x450px
>>17059745
send help
>>
>>17070282
If you beat the Mistery House you unlock the 1000 floor dungeon. The golden house dungeon is used for farming reincarnation scrolls. Those 2 dungeons are the only ones that allow you to bring items.
>>
>>17076274
woops, just notices that this post was actually for >>17063468
>>
>>17039107
Feather Duster Thingy has it. Requires Miracle Fruit, Apprentice Priest Boom at lvl 20 and Miracle Waffle DX.

Combining that skill with the healing skill boost from the Goopy Banana Bunch is pretty much essential if you want to get anywhere in the 1000 floor dungeon.
>>
>>17079055
how do you get a goopy banana bunch? Is it a seal or ability for the extra healing? I havn't played in a few days since the gimmick grind just got to me.
>>
>>17079074
You can buy it from Mamizou in the area that has Nitori's safehouse. If you invested into the Kappa a bit you can warp there.

It's a yellow seal and pretty much essential for endgame armor.
>>
Did anyone make it further into the 1000 floor dungeon yet? I read a bit on the jap wiki and it says that the boss on floor 900 has 83560000 HP. Is that really true? Because it sounds completely absurd.
>>
>>17074898
I realized I played this before, but don't remember much about it so I downloaded it again and remembered why I quit the last time. Guaranteed crash if I kill any boss. RIP.
>>
>>17075584
You're supposed to hit Iku enemies with Danmaku.
Thread posts: 215
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.