[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will christianity have proper representation in Gensokyo?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 12

File: Sariel Touhou.jpg (152KB, 665x994px) Image search: [Google]
Sariel Touhou.jpg
152KB, 665x994px
When will christianity have proper representation in Gensokyo? Makai was basically a christian demon world (or hell) so I can understand why Reimu wanted them gone, but what if the good side of Christianity came into Gensokyo?
>>
I've thought some combination of Francis Xavier and Alessandro Valignano/the Society of Jesus, Shiro Amakusa and the Shimabara Rebellion, the 26 Martyrs and Hidden Christians would be ripe for a story. With an angel serving as Final or Ex boss.

Opportunity probably passed since the end of the religious arc, though.

I think including Jesus like that one fan game is a bit too far and lazy. Not for any personal reason, I just think he should've been spoken of only, like the Dragon. It's like if Amaterasu appeared in a game (personally, not as Yorihime's summon).
>>
File: Sariel Touhou.png (2MB, 1984x1417px) Image search: [Google]
Sariel Touhou.png
2MB, 1984x1417px
Christianity encourages the killing of youkai, we can't have that!
>>
File: nightmares.jpg (113KB, 945x534px) Image search: [Google]
nightmares.jpg
113KB, 945x534px
And Makai was a hellhole that only degenerated with time.
If you think allowing the forces of Makai to influence Gensokyo is a good thing then you need to reconsider your life.
>>
File: Real-Vampire-killer-kits.jpg (93KB, 676x450px) Image search: [Google]
Real-Vampire-killer-kits.jpg
93KB, 676x450px
>>16949240
>what if the good side of Christianity came into Gensokyo?
Then you'd have demon/monster/witch hunters, vampire killers, dragon slayers, inquisitors and exorcists killing all youkai and those associating with them.
>>
>>16950044
True, but even then they wouldn't be more of a threat than the human-eating youkai are to humans.

Basically they'd be just another side, and as is it's always been the case in Touhou, no character in the cast will ever be killed.
>>
>>16950571 (me)
Adding a new force does not mean changing the philosophy of the franchise. New forces have been being added like every game since the very beginning.
>>
>>16949240
>>16949467
You non-ironically want to invite the Inquisition to Gensokyo? And you also non-ironically want to invite the Jesuits to Gensokyo? And also you want to invite Jesus of Nazareth too, a guy who claims that there should be no other gods except himself?

Are you kidding me? They would just try to go out of their way to kill everyone they encounter.

No thanks.

I think I'd prefer to just experience the struggle with Sariel the fallen angel all over again, at least that was a struggle between somewhat similar world views and as such it left some room for civility.

Signed,

Reimu Hakurei

PS: SAGE IN ALL FIELDS
>>
>>16950618
Nah, Reimu should accept them under the pretense that they reform their religion to be compatible with Gensokyo and the eastern world.
There's one god that you must pray to in christianity, but there are other gods of other religions and etc.

That means that there will be one really powerful god centered around this faith, but there are other gods of other faiths too.
>>
>>16950655
Yes, I've heard about this 'reform the monotheistic religions' concept, some people in the outside world have been trying that.

I heard it went really badly in some places, one place called Souriya was completely burned to the ground, and the same thing also happened to a place called Afghan-land.

A lot of the fallen angels and youkai in Makai were talking about it, they say that monotheism really is pretty crazy and that you should never ever play with it because it's pretty crazy.
>>
File: Sariel405.jpg (1MB, 1041x999px) Image search: [Google]
Sariel405.jpg
1MB, 1041x999px
>>16950714
The problem with your complain here is that Christianity has little influence in Gensokyo. If they wanted local followers they'd have to adapt to the local culture and religion anyway. All you'd have to do is force them in the right direction early on.
>>
>>16949240
Christianity can't enter Gensokyo because there's a shitton of people who still unironically believe in it, and that goes against Gensokyo's hipster rules.
>>
>>16950759
Even if that were possible, wouldn't there also be the definite problem of the fact that the fallen angels and youkai in Makai are there precisely to escape from the monotheistic dictatorship?

Inviting the representatives of that same dictatorship to Gensokyo, would mean that they'd be very close to Makai, which could then result in their original conflict being reignited within Gensokyo's borders. It sounds like a dangerous move.

The demographic situation might become highly unstable, and highly susceptible to all-out warfare. The number of incidents that would have to be attended to might overwhelm anyone's ability to respond.
>>
>>16950858
Just make sure to keep Makai and Gensokyo separate, none of Shinki's devils shall forcefully tear themselves into the wonderland ever again.

Any issue between the locals could be mitigated by early reformation and adaptation. If you are christian in Gensokyo, you acknowledge the other gods but you do not follow them, you only follow the christian god and that is that. If you do not believe in the christian god you are not eligeble for the christian afterlives and will instead be subjected to other afterlives.
>>
>>16950833
This. The twelve apostles or whoever have no reason to enter Gensokyo because they still get tons of faith from joe blows.
>>
>>16950993
>>16950833
European Paganism when then?
>>
>>16950655
Henotheism is a cop out
>>
>>16949240
Am I going to slap the Dateless Bar Old Adam Album at your face anon ?
>>
File: 1490381888571.jpg (888KB, 1112x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1490381888571.jpg
888KB, 1112x1280px
>>16950571
Wrong
A Christian would lead the villagers
Something the youkai fear
Hell, it's what the daimyƍ and shoguns feared especially during the Sengoku and early Tokugawa period
>>
>>16951013
There's no such thing as a "European" paganism. /pol/ please leave.
>>
File: trickster god.png (58KB, 344x499px) Image search: [Google]
trickster god.png
58KB, 344x499px
>>16950833
So Coyote when?
>>
>>16953077
That's not /pol/
It's /int/
Know your boards
>>
>>16953219
This.

>>16951013
Alice Margatroid, Doll Maker of Bucharest, is basically a Co-Freemason and a Hermetic Kabbalist who draws on the powers of the Qliphoth.

That's British-Greco-Italo-Egyptian-Babylonian stuff, and is therefore European, I guess.
>>
>>16953135
Soon, I hope.
>>
Hecatia isn't actually Hecate, is she?
>>
>>16953462
She actually is. Now, where are all the other weird pre-indoeuropean goddesses with their toyboy sons?
Imagine all the sweet incest guro doujin if Cybele and Attis make their way into fantasy!
>>
>>16953506
>She actually is.
I guess that's good news for future western mythological entities.
>>
File: myth2-12-1.jpg (1MB, 1794x2677px) Image search: [Google]
myth2-12-1.jpg
1MB, 1794x2677px
>>16953531
Hercules was one of Buddhisms first guardian deitys.
>>
>>16953077
Roman, Germanic, Greek, Nordic and etc are all based out of indo-european stuff, so I guess that's what he meant
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.