[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Inaba of the moon and Inaba of the earth canon? I'm going

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: 1434562409267.png (19KB, 196x229px) Image search: [Google]
1434562409267.png
19KB, 196x229px
Is Inaba of the moon and Inaba of the earth canon? I'm going through all the canon works so should I skip it?
>>
It's official, but not canon.
>>
according to black tewi everything is cannon.
>>
It's canon, the things in it actually happen, but it's a gag manga so take it with a pound of salt.
>>
>>16936449
This.
Also, fucking Matador.
>>
>>16936449
This, it's like Portable Ops
>>
it's canon and part of the Bougetsushou series, if you're reading those you should read Inaba too

it's a gag manga though so take it with a grain of salt. lots of things are just played for laughs like Eirin getting sick. but the character interactions and relationships (and events like the moonbitches) are legit
>>
>>16936449
This.
Tewi is a canon shit.
>>
>>16936449
So, Reisen is canonically bullied sexually and Kaguya is an airhead?
>>
>>16936807
Reisen gets bullied by Eirin and Tewi in the other works too

Kaguya isn't really an airhead, but she's pretty sheltered and naive. Eirin specifically tries to make herself weaker in IN so Kaguya can be the strongest, despite Eirin's power being much greater than Kaguya's.
>>
>>16936483
Portable Ops isn't canon, tho
>>
>>16936853
Still fun and worth playing. Like the ACID games.
>>
>>16936842
>Reisen gets bullied by Eirin and Tewi in the other works too
So >>16936774 is right about Tewi being a shit?
>>
File: 1426013500324.jpg (90KB, 945x945px) Image search: [Google]
1426013500324.jpg
90KB, 945x945px
>>16936423
What the hell does that even mean?
>>
>>16937271
It's not canon, but it's officially ZUN-approved.
>>
>>16937271

exactly what it sounds like
>>
>>16936420
>>16937271
It's an official doujin work.
Rule of thumb, if it's not personally written by ZUN it's not canon.
>>
>>16937389

wrong
>>
>>16937389
It's an intrinsic part of Bougetsushou, which as you may or may not know, is wholly canon to Touhou.

If you want some "official doujin", then I suggest you take a look into the sack of shit that is Seasonal Dream Vision.
>>
>>16937519
>It's an intrinsic part of Bougetsushou, which as you may or may not know, is wholly canon to Touhou.
It's no more "canon" than throwaway 4komas are in ordinary serialized manga.
>>
>>16937526
It's canon regardless of how much you wanna cry about it. Get used to it, the shit is almost 10 years old.
>>
>>16937265
Yes, Tewi is an asshole. But not just because she's a trickster god. She tells Kasen in WaHH that she and her rabbits influence other rabbits being thrown away and forgotten because it helps boost their transformation into youkai rabbits.
>>
>>16936478
He's not hard.
>>
You fuckers need to define what you even mean by saying something is canon in the first place.
>>
>>16938475
No we don't, we're using the same definition of canon everybody uses. Except >>16937389 but fuck him.
>>
No reason not to read it since it's the most fun of the manga.
>>
>>16938616
Except I would agree with such a definition, which is why it's important to define what you mean by describing something as canon. There are several other people in the thread that likely have similar stances. The fact that at least one person is confused as to why something can be official but not canon is indication that you aren't operating under the same notions.
>>
>>16937693
Spinoff gag 4koma are almost never canon unless someone says they are, in any continuity, at all times, ever. The fact that ZUN didn't write it is just the icing on the cake here.
>>
>>16936420
Yes it is. Don't listen to all the secondaries.
>>
>>16936420
The general events are (like the Watatsukis visiting Eientei). Exactly how they happened may not be.
>>
>>16936420
It might not be cannon but it is still one of the best written works.
>>
>>16936420
The answer is "not really"
>>
File: tegaki.png (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
4KB, 400x400px
>>16939555
>It might not be cannon
Of course it's not cannon. But it's canon.
>>
tewi shooting guns and shit is not canon

but tewi being a fucking BITCH
canon

just don't take things literally
>>
>>16939966
In other words :
>"what i like is canon, what i don't like isn't"
Amirite?
>>
>>16938663
Still crying, IotM&IotE still canon.
>>
>>16936420
It's kind of canon, but it's basically non-canon.
ZUN didn't even write it, if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>16936423
This is the only right answer.

If you want to say it's canon point out a single reference to the events of this work in the actual canon material.
>>
>>16940514
There aren't any references to AoCF or HSiFS in any "actual" canon material. Therefore they are not canon.
>>
>>16940315
no, actually

the general stuff about the series is correct, like how characters act

the crazy little things like guns and landmines being used are just over-exaggerations used for comedic effect

ZUN wouldn't let someone write an official work if the characters didn't fit how they act canonically
>>
>>16941449
Well, since Inaba is canon, that means everything in it is canon.
>>
File: Th135_Futo1.png (333KB, 692x708px) Image search: [Google]
Th135_Futo1.png
333KB, 692x708px
>>16941483
Yeah, there are no shades to this stuff, right

Futo now canonically looks like a loli btw
>>
>>16941544
Holy shit.
I almost forgot how bad some of HM's portraits were. I'm guessing this is why replaced Alphes for ULiL, huh?
>>
>>16941544
We all know that "shades" just means "I want to be free to decide what's canon and what's not".

Lolis ftw btw.
>>
>>16941483
Japanese doesn't even have a word for canon.

>inb4 'kyanon'
They only use the English word in the sense of "a set of works written by the same author(s)" or "a set of works that are hugely influential and widely studied".

The concept of multiple continuities exists, yes, but the concept of one continuity being the one that "really happened" does not.

The default Japanese perspective to continuity is that each new work takes place in a new universe with a past almost, but not completely, identical to the events of older works. Instead of saying one work is canon and the other is non-canon, they'll say that the two works are "parallel".
>>
>>16941600
This sounds pretty interesting, if true enough.
>>
>>16941108
>There aren't any references to AoCF [...] in any "actual" canon material.
What are all the mentions of the body-swapping incident in FS and ULIL?
>>
>>16941778
This is also why ZUN got so confused when an English fan asked him whether the games he made for PC-98 were canon. He had never heard of the word "canon" being used in the sense of continuity, and interpreted the question as something like "Are you the author of this classic literature?".
>>
>>16941904
If this is supposed to be a serious question (it's dumb enough that you might be kidding, I don't know), then you have to be the stupidest secondary I've seen so far.
>>
>>16941970
IIRC there was some back-and-forth between ZUN and his translator over that question, but neither of them were familiar with the definition of "canon" being used by the person asking, and assumed he must just be crazy.

And now you can see why ZUN doesn't trust professional translators.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.