[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about the new chapters of Curiosities of Lot

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

File: CoLA29Pag1.jpg (2MB, 2160x2952px) Image search: [Google]
CoLA29Pag1.jpg
2MB, 2160x2952px
Let's talk about the new chapters of Curiosities of Lotus Asia. If you haven't read them, they're translated on the wiki: https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Curiosities_of_Lotus_Asia

The last one seems to hammer even more on the idea that Reimu really dislikes Aya, much more than Forbidden Scrollery.

And what about the fact that Kasen is using Kourindou as a spot to secretly meet Sumireko without Reimu's knowledge, in order to acquire outsider objects? What could that little pink haired devil be planning?
>>
>>16811658
Wait, what new chapters? I thought this finished a long time ago. You talking about the uncompiled stories?
>>
>>16812690
Curiosities started up again. Centers around Rinnosuke and Sumireko now.
>>
>>16812690
It did, but it started again and is getting new chapters with every issue of Strange Creators of Outer World. Check it out if you enjoyed the original, Sumireko is bizarrely well suited to interact with Rinnosuke, since she's just as prone to rants but in a completely different direction.
>>
>>16812779
A case of: Choose Your Delusion I & II with that pair for sure [sometimes].
>>
Oh wow even more stuff about Sumireko...like that have no been shoehorned enough already.
>>
The latter part isn't new, that was covered in WaHH a few months ago. Are these slow translations or something?
>>
>>16811658
I don't remember Aya being this aggressive and asshole-ish.
>>
>>16814313
Reimu wants a "Woodstein" she gets a Hunter S "Gonzo" Thompson every time these days.
>>
>>16811658
>Reimu really dislikes Aya
That seems kind of a strong word, she doesn't like her basically bragging about lying in her articles and is concerned for Sumireko's safety. I mean both Reimu and Aya got serious when they noticed that Sumireko was late and had most likely gotten lost in the snow, they both searched for her and brought her in. Reimu still doesn't mind going with Aya in SA.
>>
>>16814331
>she gets a Hunter S "Gonzo" Thompson
So Aya's gonna end it all one day and ask to have her ashes shot out of a cannon?
>>
>>16811658
No point until they get some real translators. The djt guys can probably do a better job.
>>
>>16811658
The REAL question is who is the "helper" that Rinnosuke means keeps bringing him electrical appliances on the first chapter?
>>
File: yukari valentines.jpg (410KB, 500x1042px) Image search: [Google]
yukari valentines.jpg
410KB, 500x1042px
>>16816665
>>
>>16817568
I doubt it's Yukari, Rinnosuke's creeped out by her
>>
>>16816665
My bet is on Kasen or Kagerou since they're the latest girls to interact with Rinnosuke IIRC. Otherwise, I got no clue.
>>
File: vs_2.jpg (177KB, 550x764px) Image search: [Google]
vs_2.jpg
177KB, 550x764px
>>16811658
Nice, the new chapter explains why Aya decided to cancel AFiEU. Sasuga, Sumireko.
>>
>>16816665
isn't it Kasen? in WaHH she gives him shit so he won't rat out her meetings with Sumireko
>>
>>16819712
>>16818417
It can't be Kasen, because in that case Sumireko would've recognized her and would have no reason to ask Rinnosuke who the person bringing him things was.

You're pointing to Kagerou because of the article where they're "playing games" at Kourindou? That could be a possibility, but why would she have a preference for electrical appliances?
>>
>>16816665
Of anyone we know I think Nazrin makes the most sense. They know each other and her ability and location, living at Muenzuka where Rinnosuke goes hunting, are convenient for him. Maybe assisting Rinnosuke was payment for Shou's pagoda.

Secondary option is maybe Tokiko who could be working for access to his books or something, but even in her chapter she was little more than youkai fodder. I'm not even sure ZUN remembers her.
>>
>>16816665
His half-youkai girlfriend of course.
>>
It has to be someone that didn't exist yet when Curiosities of Lotus Asia ended the first time, I doubt ZUN picked someone before that. It also has to be someone who wears a skirt, and that doesn't mind carrying appliances around just to get payed and receive information about them (not a really normal thing to do).

My choice is Kokoro, btw.
>>
Why are the people in Gensokyo making such a big deal of Sumireko?
It's not like it's the first time an outsider came to them and Sanae is more knowledgable than her when it comes to the outside anyway.
First the hag tanuki and now this? Does ZUN have a glasses fetish or something?
>>
>>16822982
She's the Poochie of Touhou
>>
>>16822982
-Sanae is old news. By this point she's totally adjusted to Gensokyo, and is no more knowledgeable than Sumireko especially in regards to modern trends. As ZUN said, Sanae's perspective as an outsider is as someone living in Gensokyo, while Sumireko's is as someone not in Gensokyo. They're different POVs.

-Basically any newcomer from the outside is interesting to them. They're curious. They want to pick any outsider's brain and see what they have to offer until they get bored of them.

-It is odd to them that an outsider that we know of not only broke through into and challenged Gensokyo but now comes and goes between Gensokyo and the outside as she pleases. This isn't something that happens all the time.
>>
>>16822837
Describing it like that, I have to agree with anon that it was most likely Nazrin.

>>16822982
>Why are the people in Gensokyo making such a big deal of Sumireko?
They explain this to you. Are you a secondary? If anything happens to Sumireko while she's inside Gensokyo, that could get the outside world to investigate and find out about them and that would just spell death for them. And since they don't know the mechanism behind Sumireko going to Gensokyo in her dreams, they can't stop her from doing it either.

And "the people of Gensokyo"? What? Only Reimu cares this much. Most other people in Gensokyo don't know her, isn't much more than an acquaintance to her or only care in as much as it serves their own purposes (getting objects from the outside world to sell, whatever it is Kasen is planning to do next, etc)

>Does ZUN have a glasses fetish or something?
It wouldn't surprise me if ZUN was a man of refined tastes.
>>
>>16822982
>First the hag tanuki and now this? Does ZUN have a glasses fetish or something?

http://eyemirror.jp/tohomegane/

Does this answer your question? And yes it is a official thing.
>>
File: Nice Meme Bro.jpg (37KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Nice Meme Bro.jpg
37KB, 480x270px
>>16812917
I don't get why you people keep complaining about Sumireko being somehow "shoehorned" into the story. She's a newhu dammit, if ZUN just threw her out there and didn''t actually make a character around her by "shoehorning" her into the stories, no one would actually give a shit about her, just look at the LoLK cast.
Also no one complained about Seija literally getting two spinoff games and showing up all over the place.
>>
>>16823345
i think if zun did have glasses fetish so many more characters would actually have them
>>
>>16822982
Sanae has been cut off from the Outside since she came to Gensokyo while Sumireko is still living there. MoF came out in 2007. Just consider how many small improvements to life and things have changed since Sanae disappeared. She might be able to understand the concept of a smartphone but it'd still be a weird thing to her (remember how long Japanese culture held on to the flip phone).

Also you need to read the WaHH chapters about her. Her coming in causes a number of problems, including "spiriting away" native citizens to the real world.
>>
>>16823582
>people
Try not to give him attention if it isn't to answer questions.
>>
>>16823345
>And yes it is a official thing.
what.

it's as ''official'' as those touhou fangames that also get released on other systems.
>>
>>16823582
>She's a newhu dammit,
And very very few character get this much attention and shoehorning, especially since Sumireko is so boring.
>Also no one complained about Seija literally getting two spinoff games and showing up all over the place.
People did actually, also it's just 1 spinoff and that's her only appearance besides her original DDC one besides the obligatory SoPM that everyone else also had.
>>
>>16823582
>, no one would actually give a shit about her,
But people have given much bigger shits about characters with MUCH less appearances, like Flandre, one of the most popular characters.
>>
>>16823725
Oh come on, it's not like she never goes back to the outside to see her family, besides the Moriya shrine sells their stuff to the kappa so they need to go to the outside anyway.
>>
>>16825063
>it's not like she never goes back to the outside to see her family
[citation needed]
>>
>>16823914
Except they care about Flandre for reasons entirely outside the official works. Even Koishi is popular at least somewhat due to her official appearances.

ZUN does not care to pander to fans about which characters to show or not show due to their popularity. Its pretty clear that in general ZUN's work in writing characters does not greatly influence how fandom perceives the character, and so he does his own things and the fans can like whoever they want.

>>16825063
Uh, they don't. It is a one-way trip.
>>
>>16821463
>Nazrin
Actually, that's a pretty good theory. I'd be happy if it was Tokiko because I think she's hella cute and I'd like her to show up again, but yeah that's pretty unlikely.

>>16822982
>the people in Gensokyo
It's just some select characters making a big deal out of it, and they all have distinct reasons for treating her as a big deal. Plus, not even all characters that have met even care about her.

>>16823345
>official
Yeah, as official as buying a Griffon figure.

>>16825063
>it's not like Sanae never goes back to the outside
Except that's exactly the case?
>>
>>16825081
She doesn't. There was never any indication that she ever could go back.

Even if you thought she could, there was a picture of her in Aya's newest book with the implication that she has been a "missing person" in the Outside World for years.
>>
>>16826167
Oh yeah, now that you mention it I remember seeing it on the threads a few days back too.
But looking for it now I can't find it. I wonder if I downloaded a scan that is missing pages
>>
>>16814401
Aya should watch this video and think about Chen and Orin running a catnip racket then, that'll keep the self hate down. Voracious tengu bitch bird, she was so nice once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4IHB3qK1KU
>>
>>16816665
That weird Samurai that we haven't seen since the forgotten era? You know, killed Reimu in an alternate fan fic timeline and helped plunge the land into epic quest grimdarkness? Mima came back too? It was this whole big *thing*. Really? No one here recalls?
>You know who's gay? (((You))).
>>
>>16811658
ZUN self-insert himself as Rinnosuke. That's the reason why both Reimu and Marisa want to fuck with him.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9hP3RI3rdk

This fucking PV tho. Makes me want a comfy CoLA circle anime.
>>
>>16843473
But they don't
>>
>>16843485
Who's that blonde midget at the end?
>>
File: LrsFpLl.gif (154KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
LrsFpLl.gif
154KB, 360x360px
>>16843485
>tfw no one will ever make a CoLA anime because Rinnosuke's not popular
I imagine it'd be easy to do, compared to how Memories of Phantasm attempts to follow the games. Simple slice of life.

>>16843648
A young Marisa
>>
File: 41299908_p2.png (318KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
41299908_p2.png
318KB, 800x800px
>>16843617
You're right, only Sakuya does.
>>
>>16843473

> That's the reason why both Reimu and Marisa want to fuck with him.
> fuck with him

So, Zun likes people being a pain in the neck to him?
Wow.
>>
>>16845600
Why'd she de-age herself?
>>
>>16843473
>fuck with him

Why would he want people to mess with him?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.