/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A question about Touhou lore: Who built Alice and Marisa's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

A question about Touhou lore:
Who built Alice and Marisa's houses? Did they just both stumble across houses in the middle of a dangerous forest or does ZUN expect us to believe a teenage girl could build a livable house (and a store)?
>>
I don't know, maybe for one of them it's their grandma's old cottage or something.
>>
The union has construction crews working across Gensokyo throughout the clock.
>>
>ZUN expect us to believe a teenage girl could build a livable house (and a store)?
I love how some people like to forget that Touhou Project is a fantasy videogame series.
>>
>>16774911
Marisa's house is in ruins as you can see from both the games and written works. She probably found it abandoned.

Alice is a fucking youkai.
>>
>>16774957
>Alice is a fucking youkai.
Yeah so? Is she a youkai carpenter? She was some physically not-stronger-than-the-human-she-used-to-be witch. Even if it's made with magic, could she really design a functioning house?
>>
>>16774955
That is of any relevance, how?
Are you the kind of person who goes "it's magic, don't need to explain shit"?
>>
>>16774963
She can create dolls that are at least semi-sentient. I think she's fine with building a house with their help.
>>
I presume Kappas might be involved.
>>
>>16774967

Except things being magic without logical explanation is a cornerstone of the lore, that's the whole reason Gensokyou even exists you idiot secondary, it's where all the things explained away by logic in our world go.
>>
>>16774978
Are you implying that there isn't usually internally consistent logic in the series? If so, you might want to actually play the games, or at least read about them on the wiki.
>>
>>16774970
>semi-sentient
since when?
>>
>>16774911
In Hiso, Alice's house looks very European. This is why I think that she and her dolls built it themselves; there is no rush as Alice does not need food or sleep. As for Marisa, she probably found it there or it belonged to her family. It looks completely derelict, too.
>>
>>16774911
>>16774955

Entire structures get dumped into Gensokyo periodically when they're sufficently abandoned. This is shown in the fairies manga when a radio tower finds itself embedded into the Forest of Magic, and moreso when the entire Scarlet Devil Mansion was dragged in. So yes, the explanation is indeed, magic.
>>
>>16774982

The series follows some sorts of internally consistent logic and a part of that logic is literally "illogical things happen because of belief/magic/faith"

And good one just parroting back that I'm a secondary when you obviously have no idea what you're talking about, even if you have played the games and read the canon print works the whole point of the setting seems to have gone way over your head.
>>
Marisa mentions being able to rebuild her house if need be in her SWR ending, implying that she built the home.
Alice's house is never explained, but it's safe to assume that she constructed it, probably via magic.

>>16774957
>ruins
No it's not you dumbass. At worst it's a pigsty
>>
Nanomachines, son.
But it's just magic.
>>
>>16775000
"Illogical" and "inexplicable" are not the same thing, however. Yes, illogical things can happen in the setting proper, but even then​ there are explanations behind it; things never happen "just because" after all.

That said, you never did answer me: are you trying to say "there's no need for explanation because magic"?
>>
>>16775001
Yeah, I'm sure an house who starts leaking like no tomorrow and makes Marisa go sleep somewhere else anytime it rains is just a little messy.
>>
Stumbling across unexpectedly fantastic, forgotten items is a mainstay of Gensoukyo. Marisa probably just found it in an area where other humans are rare.

Alice can construct dolls of intense complexity, and literally has the assistance of a Grimoire filled with eclectic spells. I am pretty sure building a house is not as easy as proofing it into existence, but given a few days/weeks I don't see what would stop her from constructing a house.

If you say Alice isn't physically strong enough, she can use both her dolls, and what is stopping her from enchanting some complex machines?

I wonder how much Alice could bench.
>>
Marisa stole the fucking house. And when it turns into too much of a shithole she will just steal the fucking tree house from the fairies of light.
>>
>>16775262
Seems fairly likely. If it was going to poof through the barrier anyway, she could just hurry it along.
>>
File: The 'Borrowing' Witch.png (169KB, 565x500px) Image search: [Google]
The 'Borrowing' Witch.png
169KB, 565x500px
>>16775262
>Stole
>>
2hu is poorly written, who woulda thought
>>
I like the version of marias house that has the giant telescope/observatory.
>>
>>16774963
Alice's entire gimmick is controlling a ton of dolls to do tasks for her. Building a house shouldn't be a problem for someone who doesn't need to eat or sleep and has access to powerful magic. Marisa probably was left the house by her parents or just found it. Same with Mokou in the Bamboo Forest, she either found something or built something. If she even has a house and doesn't just wander.

These things are left unexplained like a wide variety of thingss in touhou. A lot of it is unimportant which is why ZUN doesn't bother explaining things. Even important things get left out. That's one of the reasons Touhou is so popular for doujin works.

Marisa spends most of her time at the shrine anyway because her house is a disheveled hovel full of her hoarded shit
>>
>>16774911
I've always assumed Marisa found an old house and took it, like a hermit crab.

Alice probably made her own using her puppetry.
>>
File: strange_and_bright_ch05_12.jpg (417KB, 823x1200px) Image search: [Google]
strange_and_bright_ch05_12.jpg
417KB, 823x1200px
>>16774986
The dolls are autonomously shoveling snow without supervision. Construction doesn't seem so far fetched.
>>
>>16774911

I built them
>>
>>16775824
How are they autonomous? Because Alice can't see them? Even if she wasn't controlling them, that doesn't make them even semi-sentient.
>>
>>16775838
Build me one next.
>>
>>16775824
Then is in your eyes a Roomba semi-sentient?
>>
>>16780464
Roombas are literal shikigami.
>>
>>16775824
They're not acting autonomously, Alice is just that damn good.
>>
>>16780464
DJ roomba is
>>
>>16780464
When they are prone to becoming self-aware and carry knives, who can say?
>>
>>16780520
If they're literally scraps of paper, won't they vacuum themselves?
>>
>>16775824
Why are they scared of Alice's house?
>>
>>16802785
Putting aside the fact that you don't even bother reading the manga before asking, it was spelled out for you right there;
>That's the HORROR HOUSE
>>
>>16802785
cause an autist live there
>>
File: 1487256183266.png (105KB, 480x362px) Image search: [Google]
1487256183266.png
105KB, 480x362px
Huh...never thought about it like that.

Marisa's house was probably built by her and Rinnosuke.

Alice's house was probably built all by herself and her army of dolls.

>>16775712
Is there even a canon representation of Mokou's house/shack? She might just be homeless.
>>
>>16802876
>canon representation of Mokou's house/shack
Inaba manga. Unless that's a random house that Mokou just happen to live in, that's her house.
>>
>>16802899
Oh yeah. Thanks for the clear up
>>
>>16774911
i-it's fiction! >.<! n-no need to explain! ;.;
>>
>>16775116
It can't be that leaky, she keeps piles of books just laying around and they seem fine.
>>
>>16775262
>>16775465
Marisa's thief gimmick hasn't really been a thing in years. She's vaguely more mature nowadays.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.