[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Favorite Touhou artist now does idol / mobage / yaoi shit.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: 2015-02-13-710962[1].jpg (817KB, 1448x1528px) Image search: [Google]
2015-02-13-710962[1].jpg
817KB, 1448x1528px
> Favorite Touhou artist now does idol / mobage / yaoi shit.

It hurts ;_; Which one is yours?
>>
My favorite is ZUN. My second is the fairies comic guy.
>>
>>16724717

You're a funny guy, anon. I'll kill you last.
>>
>>16724630

Who are these two girls?

Are they new Touhou?
>>
My boy kuro suto sukii is still doing Touhou
>>
>>16726796
yep, idol faries, new manga is going to be about them.
>>
File: 23843418_p0.jpg (800KB, 633x900px) Image search: [Google]
23843418_p0.jpg
800KB, 633x900px
>>16726796

OP here. The girls in the OP picture are Yazawa Nico and Toujou Nozomi from Japanese multimedia sensation "Love Live!" Their picture was attached to illustrate an example of a (fan) artist who previously drew almost exclusively Touhou derivative works, Chado of the Tohonifun circle, who now draws almost exclusively non-Touhou derivative works. I sincerely hope this post has been informative.
>>
My favourite artist (Poshi) does mostly Kancolle shit these days.

>>16727807
Thanks for your hard work.
>>
>artist who previously drew almost exclusively Touhou derivative works[...] who now draws almost exclusively non-Touhou derivative works

I've always found this weird. I get that Touhou is not as popular now, but you'd think that if they like Touhou so much as to not draw anything else they would still keep drawing Touhou alongside the more popular things instead of completely abandoning it.

I get that some artists only drew Touhou because it was guaranteed likes. but I see artists that had like 5 pixiv pages worth of Touhou art suddenly stopping with Touhou and drawing boats. It's a very sudden turn.
>>
A nicer example for me is Karaagetarou. Karaagetarou drew many heartwarming Touhou doujin focusing on the relationships between the characters, often with comedy or parodies of other works interjected. The attached image recent popped up on Danbooru and momentarily made me excited that Karaagetarou had returned (and was doing ecchi works??) but it turned out to be a one page submission to a compilation put together by other people.

Unlike most other former mainly Touhou artists, Karaagetarou actually move on to making original works. This makes his moving on from Touhou bittersweet, as while I wish Karaagetarou would keep making wonderful Touhou works, I acknowledge that it can a noble and risky goal for a fan artist to stop making fanart and try to survive making original works. Therefore I don't resent Karaagetarou for moving on like I resent certain other previously mainly Touhou fan artists because his moving on does not appear to be motivated by just wanting to draw what's currently popular. Ganbattte, Karaagetarou!
>>
>>16724630
I wouldn't say she's my favorite artist, but mik-cis. I think other people share my same sentiments.
>>16727918
This makes me wonder: how many doujin artists (doesn't matter if books or remixes) actually play the games?
>>
File: 35892775_p0.png (479KB, 1100x900px) Image search: [Google]
35892775_p0.png
479KB, 1100x900px
>>16726837

The foot fetish ones are eerily consistent e.g. Iromeki Overdrive is also still doing Touhou exclusive fanart. I guess when you really like something you really like it. But they update so infrequently it's sad.
>>
As long as it's not boatshit or Fate garbage I fully understand it.
>>
You know, fans of other franchises have to deal with their artists moving on basically all the time. It feels like Touhou fans are the only ones who think their franchise should be an immortal institution you get married to for life. Sometimes I speculate that the fact that ZUN is rapidly filling many of the blanks of the setting in with official work eats away at the space in which doujinshi have previously been able to go completely wild, but I don't keep track of what these people actually think so it remains a complete guess.

That said, I like some of the boat stuff, which has been the main offender here, so I'm looking at things in a biased way.
>>
>>16724630
Be grateful they aren't dead instead.
>>
>>16727970
>This makes me wonder: how many doujin artists (doesn't matter if books or remixes) actually play the games?
yudepii (Animal Passion) has done LNBs and LNMs of various games, for one of the higher ends.
>>
>>16728787
>Sometimes I speculate that the fact that ZUN is rapidly filling many of the blanks of the setting in with official work eats away at the space in which doujinshi have previously been able to go completely wild
People says stuff like this all the time but it has never really been the case that the official works significantly hinder the creative freedom of doujin artists. If you look at some of the very early Touhou doujinshi, it's really fuckin out there because there was such little setting to actually expand upon. Narrower focus was needed for the series to grow, and if anything, it's just that now the game has changed where we hit the golden point of ZUN having focus of details beyond what the typical doujin circle is willing to accept freely, and so people can now more clearly see some of the divergence of fan ideas.

You're definitely right that some Touhou fans seem to have an unreasonable sense of entitlement. I think the english fandom has a problem with this because they generally don't directly interact with doujin culture and just leech off of whatever is fed to them. This is especially true of the legions of fans that joined during the boom of 2007~2009 where they were spoiled by content flying off the walls. That one-sided relationship with inundations of content leads fans to become obsessed with objectifying artists as content-providing machines (or part of a machine) and not seeing them as people.
>>
File: 16325216_p41.png (14KB, 398x426px) Image search: [Google]
16325216_p41.png
14KB, 398x426px
My favorite artist DIED. You don't know the burden I carry.
>>
>>16728980
>>16729930
I would honestly prefer to see someone that I like die than decay and become useless.
>>
you know touhou is dead when meme artists like bombergrape and kams jump boats
>>
Could it be? Is Touhou reclining?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.