[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is this guy and what did he do to Rance? That was the worst

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: notrance.jpg (309KB, 1068x800px) Image search: [Google]
notrance.jpg
309KB, 1068x800px
Who is this guy and what did he do to Rance?

That was the worst Rance game I played. I've been waiting for years to finally get to it after the huge fuss that it made when it was translated. I tried it back then too, but I couldn't really get into it: I felt like there were a lot of references that I was missing, and I was right. So I started from the first one and I loved it.
Then 5D and VI were released a while ago and I finally got to play it and wow, that was a disappointing experience.

For me, half of the enjoyment of the series are the references. The other half are the silly antics that push the story forward. The actual gameplay is honestly detrimental to my enjoyment, but since the rest of it is so fun it’s worth to make the effort.

But this? Man... most of the characters I loved are at most unimportant background characters, with those that previously were the cameo characters from another series taking centre stage. Even the new characters from this game don't fare well since after a while they mostly get abruptly written off. I still haven't played the non-true routes, but then again those are by definition non-canon, and Rance being an ongoing series with a specific canon I don't see why I should care.

The only new character I liked is Suzume. She's cool.
Koihime though... what a drag. With every single heartwarming scene with her and Rance I (and Rance) died a little inside. Not saying he should have been as nasty as he was in 5D (and I found funny how this kinda tried to retcon his treatment of that poor youkai girl) but come on, Rance being all mushy and kind isn't something I wanted to see.

/rant
>>
>>/vg/
>>
This is now a (You)s thread.

Give me your (You)s and i'll give you some!

>>16716671
Who you quote?
>>
>>16715601
You'll enjoy Rance Quest then, as Rance loses all his character development from this game and goes back to emotionlessly raping women. He goes up a notch on torturing them too, you'll probably get a kick out of the scene where he lets a gang of ~40 men rape a heroine and then covers every inch of her body with acupuncture needles.
The gameplay also lacks any of the depth and strategy from Sengoku Rance and focuses much more on mindless grinding, which I'm sure will be to your satisfaction.
>>
>>16718228
Oh please, there was no "character development" to lose in the first place. He just behaved nicely towards Kou because he's nice to little girls he'll one day want to fuck. The fact that this game's plot was about that made people (especially the ones who started with this game) think that that's the "True Rance", but that's in fact just a facet of his personality that only ever appeared for brief moments because there never had been a fucking little girl as the main character driving the plot forward before this.

Actually I could argue that what you just said could be considered character development since he lost his moral compass (Sill).
>>
>>16719893
He acted exactly the same in VI towards the orphan girls didn't he? Not sure why people thought it was so new and different in SR.
>>
>>16720005
As I said, in those cases that wasn't what drove the plot forward. But in SR his reason for fighting against Xavier is Kou, and his MALE FRIEND Nobunaga.
It's really more a matter of what the writer decided to make the story about than a major inconsistency in Rance's behaviour.
>>
If you think Rance's behaviour was out of character in Sengoku Rance then you weren't paying enough attention to when he's begrudgingly nice to male characters he respects and when he's a father figure to young girls such as Warg.
>>
It's hard to keep a character consistent over 20 years with multiple writers.
>>
>>16715601
>(and I found funny how this kinda tried to retcon his treatment of that poor youkai girl)
He actually brings that incident up in SR and mentions that he regrets reacting how he did.
>>
>>16715601
>The actual gameplay is honestly detrimental to my enjoyment
Stopped reading there, you still had me going for quite a while though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.